Your christmas rituals.

Park Life

Its the right time to start planning tbh. I'm having a nightmare trying to get everyone organised.

HF you under the thumb much?

Not generally.

She's a christmas freak though.

She's gone to her mam's today, and took her laptop with her "cos it's got all the christmas ideas on" they need to go through. Think she means for doylies and that. :wub:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the right time to start planning tbh. I'm having a nightmare trying to get everyone organised.

HF you under the thumb much?

Not generally.

She's a christmas freak though.

She's gone to her mam's today, and took her laptop with her "cos it's got all the christmas ideas on" they need to go through. Think she means for doylies and that. :icon_lol:

:wub:

Agh christmas, how i love thee :icon_lol: probably the usual, wake up at 5/6 and open my many pressies, i'm thinking of a blackberry and a load of games this year. then i just chillax in the house, head to mass around 12 then head to my grannys to get my presents then head back to mine for dinner and play with my shiznit :wub: i love christmas :icon_lol:

Just go to my dad's in the morning, then my or her parent's on a rotation basis. Don't go to my dad's if he's working away.

The idea of just stopping in definitely appeals though. I don't really go in for going out much over the christmas period. Stopping in with the fire on watching shit tv ftw.

Do you actually have a fire?

Yup. Don't try and pick holes in my festive season quim features.

Agh christmas, how i love thee :icon_lol: probably the usual, wake up at 5/6 and open my many pressies, i'm thinking of a blackberry and a load of games this year. then i just chillax in the house, head to mass around 12 then head to my grannys to get my presents then head back to mine for dinner and play with my shiznit :wub: i love christmas :icon_lol:

Do you still believe in Santa?

Go to the pub on Christmas Eve. Used to be the case that all the lads would be back in the village from Uni or wherever, but that's becoming less and less the case. Pop back to one house or other, have a few whiskeys. Wrap presents in my old bedroom drunk, (We have a tradition of writing cryptic clues on the tags.. lame, but it's a bit of a laugh when I've got no fucking clue what I was on about)

My Dad still sneaks stockings into the room, stuffed with deodorant, and various bits and pieces.

Wake up around 09:00, have a cup of tea and Lime Marmalade on toast, open the stockings, me and my dad have a wee dram, my mam has a sherry. Then we sit around and open presents. Break for Xmas dinner, then finish off the presents, fall asleep in a chair reading a book.

done.

Go to the pub on Christmas Eve. Used to be the case that all the lads would be back in the village from Uni or wherever, but that's becoming less and less the case. Pop back to one house or other, have a few whiskeys. Wrap presents in my old bedroom drunk, (We have a tradition of writing cryptic clues on the tags.. lame, but it's a bit of a laugh when I've got no fucking clue what I was on about)

My Dad still sneaks stockings into the room, stuffed with deodorant, and various bits and pieces.

Wake up around 09:00, have a cup of tea and Lime Marmalade on toast, open the stockings, me and my dad have a wee dram, my mam has a sherry. Then we sit around and open presents. Break for Xmas dinner, then finish off the presents, fall asleep in a chair reading a book.

done.

1st - get woken up at 6 by 2 screaming kids

2nd - open presents and play with the bairns toys for a while

3rd - 1st sherry of the day (maybe 10am ish)

4th - start getting all the stuff for dinner ready (all the meat will have been cooked the previous day)

5th - expect her parents

6th - expect my mam and also my brother, his wife and 2 kids

7th - more sherry and maybe some beer or lager

8th - drink like its 1999 and stuff mesel' silly with all sorts of meat and fowl

9th - try and eat some xmas pud and fail miserably

10th - drink something else till bedtime

11th - get up boxing day to a cooked breakfast and lots of drinking (it is my birthday after all)

all good fun!

Normally complain like a bitter bastard that christmas eve and NYE are the worst nights of the year to be out for a drink.

Would like to stop in and watch a film.

Then why don't you?

Remind me what the fuck do we have a Christmas thread at this time of year for again anyway? :wub:

We just got the works christmas party invite around. FFS.

haha...same here, the office manager is a bit of a christmas fanatic.

usually travel home (kootenays to toronto) and visit with the fam,

not this year though I'm staying @ home and I'm gonna rip up Red Mtn for the week that the office closes over xmas, then for NYE I'm having my surrogate family come to Red for a shaker of a house party and a couple more days of powder shredding.....all in all a much better (if a little selfish) plan in my view.

Normally complain like a bitter bastard that christmas eve and NYE are the worst nights of the year to be out for a drink.

Then why don't you?

Remind me what the fuck do we have a Christmas thread at this time of year for again anyway? :wub:

not this year though I'm staying @ home and I'm gonna rip up Red Mtn for the week that the office closes over xmas, then for NYE I'm having my surrogate family come to Red for a shaker of a house party and a couple more days of powder shredding.....all in all a much better (if a little selfish) plan in my view.

I have no idea what you just said there ! :icon_lol:

Then why don't you?

I have no idea what you just said there ! :icon_lol:

skiing innit. :icon_lol:

If I'm up at my dads we always go to the beach with the dog rain or shine, Tynemouth or Seaton Sluice. Couple of pints in the Kings Arms if it's the latter.

It's a good beach. :wub:

Then why don't you?

You

Jammy

Git.

Bore off kevin,

so you shouldn't celebrate with others if you don't believe in jesus?

how very Christian

well i just find it rather ironic that people celebrate christmas the birth of christ when they don't believe in him. I'm guessing you're an atheist because if you weren't you'd get my point.

yes but it's supposed to be celebrating the birth of jesus. I just think people shouldn't be celebrating it for the wrong reasons. would be like us celebrating 4th of july

If they want to move the 3 public holidays in a week to the 4th of July I'd be more than happy....they could whack the two from Easter in there if they like as well....make it a real party.

Then why don't you?

Remind me what the fuck do we have a Christmas thread at this time of year for again anyway? :icon_lol:

You

Jammy

Git.

:wub: