Your christmas rituals.

Park Life

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally complain like a bitter bastard that christmas eve and NYE are the worst nights of the year to be out for a drink.

Would like to stop in and watch a film.

Then why don't you?

Remind me what the fuck do we have a Christmas thread at this time of year for again anyway? :wub:

Edited by Renton

Normally complain like a bitter bastard that christmas eve and NYE are the worst nights of the year to be out for a drink.

Then why don't you?

Remind me what the fuck do we have a Christmas thread at this time of yea for again anyway? :wub:

I have done several times in the past....frowned upon when "going steady" though.

whoo-tsssch

I can't do a whip noise phonetically.

Then why don't you?

Remind me what the fuck do we have a Christmas thread at this time of year for again anyway? :wub:

Its the right time to start planning tbh. I'm having a nightmare trying to get everyone organised.

HF you under the thumb much?

Last few years its been getting up at a moderate time, chill in the morning and go to mother in laws with kids for dinner, come home and chill some more with Xmas TV. This year though our eldest is kinda getting the idea what presents are so we'll be watching him go mental (he's 3).

Then why don't you?

Remind me what the fuck do we have a Christmas thread at this time of yea for again anyway? :icon_lol:

I have done several times in the past....frowned upon when "going steady" though.

whoo-tsssch

I can't do a whip noise phonetically.

Wor lass normally tries to get me to stay in on Xmas Eve :wub:

Just go to my dad's in the morning, then my or her parent's on a rotation basis. Don't go to my dad's if he's working away.

The idea of just stopping in definitely appeals though. I don't really go in for going out much over the christmas period. Stopping in with the fire on watching shit tv ftw.

Then why don't you?

We just got the works christmas party invite around. FFS.

A swift visit to mother in laws after a late breakfast.

Then Ma Fist is coming for lunch- I usually stick with turkey and trimmings, but I'm considering Beef Wellington as there's only 3 adults and 1 chimplet.

Any suggestions dinner-wise are welcome.

Just go to my dad's in the morning, then my or her parent's on a rotation basis. Don't go to my dad's if he's working away.

The idea of just stopping in definitely appeals though. I don't really go in for going out much over the christmas period. Stopping in with the fire on watching shit tv ftw.

Do you actually have a fire?

Planning? Its Xmas FFS not a military manouvre!

3 countries, 4 siblings, 5 children. I need one of Gemmill's spreadsheets.

You are a busy man.

Sledge and Deer tbh

Then Ma Fist is coming for lunch- I usually stick with turkey and trimmings, but I'm considering Beef Wellington as there's only 3 adults and 1 chimplet.

Don't do duck or wild fowl or whatever that looks tempting, I always fuck it up. These exotic birds are a fcuk to cook and greasy.

Perhaps really get into the Xmas spirtit and cook deer. :wub:

Then why don't you?

I suppose you'll be knocking out another stained glass creation.

Then why don't you?

I suppose you'll be knocking out another stained glass creation.

:icon_lol:

Still need a pic don't we?

Usually

24th : Pints in my old local w/mates, not done this since having kids though.

25th : Charity run in the am, lunch then dinner in either her folks or mine, home by 7 to put the nippers to bed. A few drinks with Mrs B and swap pressies.

26th : Lunch in her aunts house, then out on the piss with mates.

Finding it hard to take seriously a post with 'Ma Fist' in it. Finding it hard not to read it in a phonetic Scottish accent with all sorts of euphemisms now too.

My folks have got into the habit of going somewhere sunny for Christmas so I've celebrated it with the fella's family instead recently. Before that the only thing we did that was a bit out of the ordinary was a token nod to my mother's side of the family, i.e. a Swedish meal on Christmas Eve (and maybe opening a present or two). Other than that, your standard-issue forced family jollity and getting slowly sozzled in front of the telly.