Shocking

LeazesMag

i have made this point before alex because it puzzles me and i respond to it in threads where i see it. people are quick to attack critics of islamic extremism for some reason. i don't read the daily mail; i consider myself liberal, which is why i find it strange and i think it'd an area where the left falls on its arse a bit.

Tell you what Dan, prove me wrong then by finding somewhere on this board where you've made that point when someone has in fact been defending acts like the one described by the Taliban.

And the rest of your post's the straw man stuff I'm on about.

Why do I have to defend Islamic extremism? Just to disprove what I've just said about you and your straw man arguments? Fuck off man :)

I've never once defended the Taliban or Muslim extremism.

As for the war in Afghanistan. I think it's a waste of time because it's underfunded, our troops are too small in terms of numbers and probably under equipped. If we were to go about it properly I think we'd probably have to be there for 20 years or more and commit loads more bodies and personally I find it a bit offensive when people who'd shit themselves if they had to go there think it's ok for the government to send young lads and lasses there under the current circumstances. The only way to change places like that is to take them out of poverty but how the fuck do you take the whole world out of poverty? Even if 'we' wanted to.

Edited by alex

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leazesmag's argument that multiculturism can't exist is a difficult one to defend. britian is a great example of it working. the ethnic and cultural diveristy is one of the things i love about living in london. but there are some cultures in this world that clearly can't or don't want to co-exist. the level of sharia law that includes honour killings - and the kinds of mutilations practiced by the taliban that was linked to in the opening post in this thread do not have a place on this earth. they are barbaric and abhorrent - most of us agree with this i'm sure, and yet those who criticise it are often shot down in flames.

I don't criticise the condemnation or disagree with it - I just don't like it being used in isolation to suit the agenda that all Muslims are inhuman and have no place in the UK.

what is your view alex? can islamic extremists live in a multi-cultural society? is there a place for those beliefs in the modern world? and whether you agree with the fact that the coalition invaded afghanistan or not, now that we're there, isn't the mission to stay to try and remove the taliban a war worth fighting?

I don't think any extremists can or should exist in the modern world - again its the notion that every Muslim in the UK is an extremist that I argue against.

I also don''t believe that removing the Taliban was ever the true "mission" in Afghanistan - if it was then they wouldn't have been armed, trained and encouraged in the past with the full knowledge of their abominable regime.

As an example of this I'd point out how muted the objections were to Karzai's government allowing rape within marriage - it seems Taliban like polcies are okay when they are enacted by puppets.

What we need to do is bomb them all into the modern age.

sounds like a well reasoned and sensible idea to me.

<_<

We should probably attack the US while we're at it.

After all they just executed a woman with a mental age of 13.

Utterly barbaric tbh

Serious question HF.

What exactly do you have against the west ?

:)

well, he certainly comes across that way ................

:icon_lol:

Is this what they teach you in schools these days ?

<_<

Utterly barbaric tbh

Serious question HF.

<_<

I don't know about what you get up to in your spare time mate but I think I'd get at least a few dodgy looks if I started hanging around schools. :)

Utterly barbaric tbh

Serious question HF.

<_<

I don't know about what you get up to in your spare time mate but I think I'd get at least a few dodgy looks if I started hanging around schools. :)

it was directed at HF, and one or two others. You come across as a bit more well balanced <_<

Edited by LeazesMag

i have made this point before alex because it puzzles me and i respond to it in threads where i see it. people are quick to attack critics of islamic extremism for some reason. i don't read the daily mail; i consider myself liberal, which is why i find it strange and i think it'd an area where the left falls on its arse a bit.

Tell you what Dan, prove me wrong then by finding somewhere on this board where you've made that point when someone has in fact been defending acts like the one described by the Taliban.

Why do I have to defend Islamic extremism? Just to disprove what I've just said about you and your straw man arguments? Fuck off man :)

As for the war in Afghanistan. I think it's a waste of time because it's underfunded, our troops are too small in terms of numbers and probably under equipped. If we were to go about it properly I think we'd probably have to be there for 20 years or more and commit loads more bodies and personally I find it a bit offensive when people who'd shit themselves if they had to go there think it's ok for the government to send young lads and lasses there under the current circumstances. The only way to change places like that is to take them out of poverty but how the fuck do you take the whole world out of poverty? Even if 'we' wanted to.

my post wasn't aimed at you directly alex. happy face said the article was war propaganda and that it's no worse than what goes on in glasgow on a weekend. i can't agree with that at all. the main difference being that kind of thing is illegal here, where as it would be openly encouraged in afganistan if the taliban were still running the show.

if you look back through this thread, you'll see that most people are having a go at leazesmag. that i can understand. he's on the wind up, he's got an agenda and he's trying to push buttons. but where are the those condemning the actions in the article leazesmag posted? i counted a handful compared to the number of those taking the piss out of leazes. he's created a rod for his own back there i suppose but you must be able to see my point.

the troops issue is a sensitive one i agree. but would taking the world out of poverty really end sharia law and the repression of women in the muslim world? look at the oil rich gulf nations. there are countries there that aren't in poverty but still have some fucked up and digusting laws that frankly have no place in the civilised world.

oh, and i agree with you njs about not tarring all muslims with the same brush. obviously moderate muslims and live happily alongside other cultures.

ps. i've just done a course on hostile environment training. i'm now qualified - and therefore insured - to do an embed in afghanistan or other reports from hostile areas like somalia, nigeria or haiti in the future so i hope that comment about shitting yourself wasn't aimed at me :icon_lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

my post wasn't aimed at you directly alex. happy face said the article was war propaganda and that it's no worse than what goes on in glasgow on a weekend. i can't agree with that at all. the main difference being that kind of thing is illegal here, where as it would be openly encouraged in afganistan if the taliban were still running the show.

if you look back through this thread, you'll see that most people are having a go at leazesmag. that i can understand. he's on the wind up, he's got an agenda and he's trying to push buttons. but where are the those condemning the actions in the article leazesmag posted? i counted a handful compared to the number of those taking the piss out of leazes. he's created a rod for his own back there i suppose but you must be able to see my point.

the troops issue is a sensitive one i agree. but would taking the world out of poverty really end sharia law and the repression of women in the muslim world? look at the oil rich gulf nations. there are countries there that aren't in poverty but still have some fucked up and digusting laws that frankly have no place in the civilised world.

oh, and i agree with you njs about not tarring all muslims with the same brush. obviously moderate muslims and live happily alongside other cultures.

ps. i've just done a course on hostile environment training. i'm now qualified - and therefore insured - to do an embed in afghanistan or other reports from hostile areas like somalia, nigeria or haiti in the future so i hope that comment about shitting yourself wasn't aimed at me :icon_lol:

Saudi Arabia for one. Women aren't even allowed to drive. 80% OF THEM WHO SUPPORT THIS TYRANNY = WRONGUNS. Anyone who disagrees is a cunt.

It was aimed (mainly) at politicians tbh.

And you've answered your own question re: the lack of condemnation.

It was aimed (mainly) at politicians tbh.

And you've answered your own question re: the lack of condemnation.

well, happy face actually.

Saudi Arabia for one. Women aren't even allowed to drive. 80% OF THEM WHO SUPPORT THIS TYRANNY = WRONGUNS. Anyone who disagrees is a cunt.

Not all bad then.

They're our allies though so it's ok.

happy face said the article was war propaganda and that it's no worse than what goes on in glasgow on a weekend.

Did I? :)

I don't see how it could be described as anything but war propaganda given it's using an horrific emotional personal story to justify ongoing military occupation.

Utterly barbaric tbh

Serious question HF.

Your serious questions could do with some work. If you think holding political leaders accountable for their actions makes me anti-west you've completely misunderstood the ideals of western democracy.

How about you? What would you say the west has done wrong fighting the whole war on terror?

Anything?

Edited by Happy Face

Well Dr G. I certainly don't have an agenda, I am aware a few people aren't going to agree, but I believe 100% what I say about this opening post and subsequent comments. Oh yes.

And what's more, I'm absolutely 100% confident that time will sadly prove me to be correct.

happy face said the article was war propaganda and that it's no worse than what goes on in glasgow on a weekend.

I don't see how it could be described as anything but war propaganda given it's using an horrific emotional personal story to justify ongoing military occupation.

sorry, just re-read the thread and i guess you didn't. :icon_lol:

i'm sure someone said that but can't see it so either it was deleted or i'm reading thing that aren't there...

Utterly barbaric tbh

Serious question HF.

Your serious questions could do with some work. If you think holding political leaders accountable for their actions makes me anti-west you've completely understood the ideals of western democracy.

How about you? What would you say the west has done wrong fighting the whole war on terror?

Anything?

I'm on the side of the west mate. I think we should get rid of all these barbaric cunts, terrorists who blow up innocent civilians in the name of their God, all of them. Radical Islam is not compatible with the west. If they want to live in an Islam state, fuck off to one, because this is not one although their doctrine is growing, and those who try to tell people like me I should "show tolerance" are accelerating it. They are laughing at those doing this for being so stupid. I've said this before, you can spout fancy theories and hark back to the days of the British Empire to somehow excuse their actions and attitudes, but the simple fact is that there is no back-slapping, tolerance and shaking hands with this lot, you don't understand their mindset. They want you worshipping Allah 5 times a day like they do.

You do realise the title of this thread is a reference to the one you started about the black man being escorted away from the site of 9/11 don't you ? I suppose you think that comparing the 2 "shocking" incidents are similar ....

Edited by LeazesMag

i'm sure someone said that but can't see it so either it was deleted or i'm reading thing that aren't there...

I think NJS said something about scottish gangsters and knee-capping.

I don't think anything comparable to this happens in the UK on an institutional level. Taliban rule is vile......like Saudi Arabian rule and any other number of countries where personal freedom is non-existent.

I think NJS said something about scottish gangsters and knee-capping.

I don't think anything comparable to this happens in the UK on an institutional level. Taliban rule is vile......like Saudi Arabian rule and any other number of countries where personal freedom is non-existent.

yup. it's pretty shocking we're in bed with the saudis tbh.

Utterly barbaric tbh

Serious question HF.

Your serious questions could do with some work. If you think holding political leaders accountable for their actions makes me anti-west you've completely understood the ideals of western democracy.

Anything?

I'm on the side of the west mate. I think we should get rid of all these barbaric cunts, terrorists who blow up innocent civilians in the name of their God, all of them. Radical Islam is not compatible with the west. If they want to live in an Islam state, fuck off to one, because this is not one although their doctrine is growing, and those who try to tell people like me I should "show tolerance" are accelerating it. They are laughing at those doing this for being so stupid. I've said this before, you can spout fancy theories and hark back to the days of the British Empire to somehow excuse their actions and attitudes, but the simple fact is that there is no back-slapping, tolerance and shaking hands with this lot, you don't understand their mindset. They want you worshipping Allah 5 times a day like they do.

You do realise the title of this thread is a reference to the one you started about the black man being escorted away from the site of 9/11 don't you ? I suppose you think that comparing the 2 "shocking" incidents are similar ....

so the Iraq war was a mistake — oops!

Carpet bombing Iraq (including tens of thousands of “innocent civilians”) with cluster bombs and napalm — oops!

not all that historical is it — oh so where’s the moral high ground gone — oops!

I think we've reached the point where I can hold entire conversations with you by quoting my previous posts....seems you're cutting and pasting the same things over and over anyway....

I think the continuously intensified bombing on their villages is a more pressing concern than our fashion/religious choices.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=790643

rumsfeld2.png

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=792924

Of course this is abhorrent,

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=795328

1. I thought the abuse the black man received was shocking.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry794543

"I also don''t believe that removing the Taliban was ever the true "mission" in Afghanistan - if it was then they wouldn't have been armed, trained and encouraged in the past with the full knowledge of their abominable regime.

As an example of this I'd point out how muted the objections were to Karzai's government allowing rape within marriage - it seems Taliban like polcies are okay when they are enacted by puppets."

You're talking absolute fucking shite on both points. Go back and read my post regarding the Sharia Family Law in this thread for some information with a factual basis regarding that one.

You think because past governments armed the Taliban in an ill-fated scheme to combat the Russians that we can never be in the position to correct that mistake? Blair has spoken pubicly about his disapproval of the strategies that involved arming the likes of OBL and S.Hussein to combat enemies such as Iran and Russia. When the Taliban had majority control of Afghanistan and allowed Al Quaeda to build a strong-bed there how exactly wasn't it in the interests of the US to remove them post 9-11? And if it wasn't their mission, why did they bother doing it in the first place? I suppose Dick Cheney cut down the twin towers with a chain saw so he could get some oil, you've really shown yourself up here lad. You might want to go with that BUPA health insurance and get a fucking check up, brain scan seems to be called for in this instance.

Criticism of Stalin was suppressed in this country when he was an ally against Hitler. Does that give us no right to condemn Stalin? You are bereft of logic and a sense of reality.

I personally don't agree with LM or Stevie's views, but you talk as much nonsense as anyone with your patter, and if your redundant ideology was actually implemented in the world then the Taliban/Al Quaeda would have full control of Afghanistan for starters, and then Pakistan would be on the menu for dessert. So you can harp on all day about how terrible religion is but you're an absolute hypocrite.

Utterly barbaric tbh

Serious question HF.

Anything?

Carpet bombing Iraq (including tens of thousands of “innocent civilians”) with cluster bombs and napalm — oops!

not all that historical is it — oh so where’s the moral high ground gone — oops!

you can highlight and comment on the rest of the post if you like

Utterly barbaric tbh

Serious question HF.

Anything?

you can highlight and comment on the rest of the post if you like

meaning I’m evasive??!!!!!

"I also don''t believe that removing the Taliban was ever the true "mission" in Afghanistan - if it was then they wouldn't have been armed, trained and encouraged in the past with the full knowledge of their abominable regime.

As an example of this I'd point out how muted the objections were to Karzai's government allowing rape within marriage - it seems Taliban like polcies are okay when they are enacted by puppets."

You're talking absolute fucking shite on both points. Go back and read my post regarding the Sharia Family Law in this thread for some information with a factual basis regarding that one.

You think because past governments armed the Taliban in an ill-fated scheme to combat the Russians that we can never be in the position to correct that mistake? Blair has spoken pubicly about his disapproval of the strategies that involved arming the likes of OBL and S.Hussein to combat enemies such as Iran and Russia. When the Taliban had majority control of Afghanistan and allowed Al Quaeda to build a strong-bed there how exactly wasn't it in the interests of the US to remove them post 9-11? And if it wasn't their mission, why did they bother doing it in the first place? I suppose Dick Cheney cut down the twin towers with a chain saw so he could get some oil, you've really shown yourself up here lad. You might want to go with that BUPA health insurance and get a fucking check up, brain scan seems to be called for in this instance.

Criticism of Stalin was suppressed in this country when he was an ally against Hitler. Does that give us no right to condemn Stalin? You are bereft of logic and a sense of reality.

I personally don't agree with LM or Stevie's views, but you talk as much nonsense as anyone with your patter, and if your redundant ideology was actually implemented in the world then the Taliban/Al Quaeda would have full control of Afghanistan for starters, and then Pakistan would be on the menu for dessert. So you can harp on all day about how terrible religion is but you're an absolute hypocrite.

Nice to see you descending to personal abuse.

The invasion of Afghanistan was about revenge - it had absolutely fuck all to do with making the world safer as a blind man can see that the extremists don't need just one base that can be wiped out easily as they can easily shift.

Has it worked - is the world safer? or as HF has said has all they've done is spawn more extremists.

Blair can fuck off too - he was elected with a notional ethical foreign policy but that never stopped him selling arms to all kind of cunts around the world. Him expressing regret is akin to Ashley's "we've made mistakes" - it cuts no ice with me.

I honestly couldn't care less if the Taliban were still in charge - would the lives of Afghans be any worse? Going on a world tour to sort out cunts sounds good - the only problem is a major part of the list would include allies and countries we wouldn't dare attack (China). The idea that the task in Afghanistan is some kind of noble or just campaign to bring happiness to its population is the biggest load of shit going.