Newcastle United 2-2 Wigan Athletic

Deano

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I feel sorry for Perch. He must read these boards and hear the crack and think everyone hates me. I don't hate Perch, he could do a good job at Orient or fuckin Barnet, but he's out of his depth. Nearly everything he does is shite and he backs off too much.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really you reckon some players read these boards?

I hope they do, see how much of a fucking legend i am.

but srsly, perch buddy, you're shit. nolan, you're shit, newcastle united, YOU ARE sHitE.

Was nice to come away with a point after playing like a bunch of pricks for the vast majority.

Good to see curly get a goal considering, in my opinion of course, he carried Perch all fucking game.

Just watched MOTD and you see Perch arriving about 5 minutes too late for Charlies 2nd. Mind I think Krul should have saved it.

Tough call on Krul IMO, took a deflection off Williamson that lifted it toward the top corner.

Guthrie whose tendency is to drift inside, but doesn't really have the legs & engine to provide defensive cover. Perch offers nothing of value in terms of positional play, and just like Ramage [and Perch is marginally quicker & and more athletic] shits himself when all-out/quick & skillful ball carriers run at him [like Zoggy]. And Zoggy has an eye for a goal, and was one of our better finishers, especially better than Martins who cost us points all too often imo. It was a recipe for disaster, the bloke's brain must have imploded today, when the job description of the day became clear. The lad's confidence was quickly shot to shreds but it's been a while since i've seen somebody hide from their defensive responsibilities, as was the case with Perch today [particularly Zoggy's second].

Edited by Year Zero

Guthrie played out of position on the right. Wasn't good but never is when played there (even if the championship he was poor at right mid).

Guthrie has to take some blame for Perch's horror show. He gave no support to Perch whatsoever....and drifted inside so much Perch was the only one to put a cross in from the right (shit crosses).

If Guthrie plays it has to be in the middle.

Well that was shite wasn't it, i really thought this time when i saw two strikers starting we'd get a win, but we were worse than ever.

And i'm sorry but Perch is turning into one of the worst things i've seen in a toon shirt in a long while. Zog was Wigan's sole threat and with a fucking traffic cone at right back we'd have had more chance. Everytime Zog got the ball he seemed about 10 yards away from him, when he was there he couldn't tackle him and about 3 times in the game i saw Perch randomly sliding along the ground for no apparent reason and nowhere near the ball. He also did that stupid backheel withoutlooking up to nobody when a cross might have snatched a goal before halftime. He offers nothing going forward and i've rarely seen anyone more clueless positionally. Calderwood has alot to answer for because Hughton would have took his views very seriously since he managed him at Forest.

The rest of them seemed too slow and lethargic, though Enrique was good first half, but Wigan had quickly realised to put 3 or 4 men on our left to stop that and we didn't offer much on the right. Mainly because the management can't seem to tell Guthrie to stay wide, its pretty simple, if he drifts in you bollock him and say he'll be subbed. So with Perch being our massive weak link, it wasn't helped by Guthrie not covering in front of him enough.

Replied before reading your post. Spot on.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I'd put my life on it. Bellamy used to quote me in the press man, and I know you think I'm making that up, I'm not.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I'd put my life on it. Bellamy used to quote me in the press man, and I know you think I'm making that up, I'm not.

Foulmouth Bellamy in C**t rant

:lol:

Honestly at the time of his spat with Souness I wrote on a toon site, "he'll never get a bigger club than Newcastle", the next day he said in the paper "I know some of the fans are saying I won't get a bigger club than Newcastle but the truth is I don't want to".

Alan Oliver used to use stuff as well. I bet you any money now at least 5 of the players read this site.

Foulmouth Bellamy in C**t rant

:lol:

Honestly at the time of his spat with Souness I wrote on a toon site, "he'll never get a bigger club than Newcastle", the next day he said in the paper "I know some of the fans are saying I won't get a bigger club than Newcastle but the truth is I don't want to".

Alan Oliver used to use stuff as well. I bet you any money now at least 5 of the players read this site.

I reckon its a nailed on certainty.

Perch fuck off.

Not regularly but some players have to have read messageboards, basic curiosity, or in some cases ego would guarentee it. And even if they don't themselves, mates or other players will tell them whats being said occasionally i'd reckon.

And remember recently when Keegan said he worried about his relationship being wrecked/tarnished with toon fans because if what was being said on messageboards, whether he read them or was told i don't know, and in this case it wasn't this board coming out with the shite he was worrying about.

So which of the current players can read? We could narrow it down pretty easy

None of them to your level. You're just the cleverest.

Do you think Shepherd was a good chairman?

For a period, yes.

Not regularly but some players have to have read messageboards, basic curiosity, or in some cases ego would guarentee it. And even if they don't themselves, mates or other players will tell them whats being said occasionally i'd reckon.

And remember recently when Keegan said he worried about his relationship being wrecked/tarnished with toon fans because if what was being said on messageboards, whether he read them or was told i don't know, and in this case it wasn't this board coming out with the shite he was worrying about.

If I was a player I don't think I could help myself.

Wasn't there a lower league player who went onto a board to defend himself? I want to say Leon Knight... but I think that's just confusion.

Wasn't there a lower league player who went onto a board to defend himself? I want to say Leon Knight... but I think that's just confusion.

think it was Leon Knight yeah. Didn't a supposed Peter Ramage appear on Tynetalk a few years back (think it was pretty clearly not him if memory serves me right though)

Yeah, if i was a player i'd have a look, and if i was a good one and thus popular i'd be a member and post pretending to be a fan, i think it'd be interesting and a laugh personally. If you were shit though, you'd only read it once and leave traumatised!