Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

khay

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Stretford wants shot with shit for this, Rooney isn't intelligent enough or decisive enough to make decisions like this. Fucking cunt Stretford I hate these leaches.

Did he? I haven't compared the two statements but Fergie just said that he wanted to leave, Rooney's explained why he wanted to go.

Just going by....

...Rooney countered: "I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say [Tuesday] and surprised by some of it....

Looks like he's on his way to Liverpool;

Roy Hodgson

I'm expecting Wayne to come over to Merseyside in the morning.......

............ but it should clear up by the afternoon.

Thing is, Man U won't become shit they'll still be one of the better teams, but at least it might open it up so theres a few teams each season who, if they get their act together, have a chance of winning the title again. It'd be a bit of incentive at least. It's been them dominating English football for 20 years now. Liverpool dominated it for 20 years before that and fuck knows everyone was pleased when their turn ended.

At least Man United, and Liverpool for that matter, won things in the right way, by simply being the best at what they did using their resources, rather than being bankrolled by foreign investors who don't even want a return for their investment. It's this perverse situation that is killing the prmiership imo.

Man U are a global brand whose resources outstrip anything other than Chelsea (and in the last two years alone, Citeh) can muster. It's the Sky/Premier League deals that are responsible ultimately. In the case of Man U for allowing them to hawk themselves all over the globe (they already had an unpaid PR machine worth tens of millions of pounds in the domestic press/media) and in the case of Chelsea and Citeh, for making a product which attracted foreign billionaire playboys in.

I find myself less arsed about the ideological objections to the funding of some football clubs (I think they smack of elitism in the main) than I am about the sustainability issues.

Naah, I don't buy that Ed (and Alex). Before Chelsea and later Man city got their foreign backers football was subject to market forces, much like any industry. Sky just made it accessible to the masses. Between them though these two clubs have destroyed that and completelyupset the balance of the premier league. I've always hated city in any case, now I utterly despise them.

Thing is, Man U won't become shit they'll still be one of the better teams, but at least it might open it up so theres a few teams each season who, if they get their act together, have a chance of winning the title again. It'd be a bit of incentive at least. It's been them dominating English football for 20 years now. Liverpool dominated it for 20 years before that and fuck knows everyone was pleased when their turn ended.

At least Man United, and Liverpool for that matter, won things in the right way, by simply being the best at what they did using their resources, rather than being bankrolled by foreign investors who don't even want a return for their investment. It's this perverse situation that is killing the prmiership imo.

Man U are a global brand whose resources outstrip anything other than Chelsea (and in the last two years alone, Citeh) can muster. It's the Sky/Premier League deals that are responsible ultimately. In the case of Man U for allowing them to hawk themselves all over the globe (they already had an unpaid PR machine worth tens of millions of pounds in the domestic press/media) and in the case of Chelsea and Citeh, for making a product which attracted foreign billionaire playboys in.

I find myself less arsed about the ideological objections to the funding of some football clubs (I think they smack of elitism in the main) than I am about the sustainability issues.

Naah, I don't buy that Ed (and Alex). Before Chelsea and later Man city got their foreign backers football was subject to market forces, much like any industry. Sky just made it accessible to the masses. Between them though these two clubs have destroyed that and completelyupset the balance of the premier league. I've always hated city in any case, now I utterly despise them.

Crime of the century tbh. This is what I mean about it essentially being an elitist argument.

The balance needs upsetting fwiw.

I agree to an extent but they still bought the title. Just like Blackburn did really.

Like Blackburn, yes. :razz:

Just a lot more silly now. Plus dodgy foreigners.

as opposed to the "good old days" when we had the cream of English Society running the game

Jack Lord, the McKeags, Peter Swales, Ken Bates...........................

I agree to an extent but they still bought the title. Just like Blackburn did really.

Like Blackburn, yes. :razz:

Just a lot more silly now. Plus dodgy foreigners.

as opposed to the "good old days" when we had the cream of English Society running the game

Jack Lord, the McKeags, Peter Swales, Ken Bates...........................

haha.

You mean Bob Lord :o

Jack Lord was Steve McGarrett in Hawai 50

Sorry Rob :woosh:

For Sale: Bull-Necked Scouse Terrier

A wonderful opportunity has arisen to purchase a magnificent example of the Bull-Necked Scouse Terrier. It answers to the name of Wayne or Wazza.

The animal was named Best In Show by the PFA Kennel Club last year and was widely acclaimed as the best pure-breed of its generation.

However, Wayne has recently become too difficult to handle, constantly befouling the park every time he is given a run-out and barking aggressively at passers-by, especially those with cameras.

The current owner, an elderly Scotsman, is struggling with the upkeep of Wayne and is looking for a quick sale.

Wayne would make an ideal companion for an old person and is almost fully housetrained.

One area of concern is Wayne's ankle, which his current owner believes has gone lame. However, Wayne has become extremely aggressive regarding the possible injury and has repeatedly bitten his owner every time he comes near.

You can quite easily breed Wayne, although his brood bitch is unlikely to allow him to cover her for some weeks due to an escape that led to him indiscriminately humping local strays.

Wayne is sold with a litter of agents, hangers-on and general spongers, all of whom require no more complicated upkeep than simply feeding them money on a weekly basis.

Wayne will eat anything.

While Rooney was pondering the fall-out from several hours of high-level talks at Old Trafford, a 40-strong group of United supporters, many wearing balaclavas and hooded tops, had travelled to his home town of Wilmslow in Cheshire to warn him off any move to Manchester City. Witnesses reported a gathering outside his house, with a banner reading "If you join City you're dead".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oc...ter-united-city

For Sale: Bull-Necked Scouse Terrier

A wonderful opportunity has arisen to purchase a magnificent example of the Bull-Necked Scouse Terrier. It answers to the name of Wayne or Wazza.

The animal was named Best In Show by the PFA Kennel Club last year and was widely acclaimed as the best pure-breed of its generation.

However, Wayne has recently become too difficult to handle, constantly befouling the park every time he is given a run-out and barking aggressively at passers-by, especially those with cameras.

The current owner, an elderly Scotsman, is struggling with the upkeep of Wayne and is looking for a quick sale.

Wayne would make an ideal companion for an old person and is almost fully housetrained.

One area of concern is Wayne's ankle, which his current owner believes has gone lame. However, Wayne has become extremely aggressive regarding the possible injury and has repeatedly bitten his owner every time he comes near.

You can quite easily breed Wayne, although his brood bitch is unlikely to allow him to cover her for some weeks due to an escape that led to him indiscriminately humping local strays.

Wayne is sold with a litter of agents, hangers-on and general spongers, all of whom require no more complicated upkeep than simply feeding them money on a weekly basis.

Wayne will eat anything.

:razz: