Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

khay

I think the inequality in income makes people at the top end just as miserable as those at the bottom FWIW but I also don't see it changing any time soon.

You what? ;)

SO, if I have got this right, an avaerage nurse will have to work TEN YEARS now to make as much money as Rooney does in ONE WEEK, regardless of the latter's form and contribution to his club.

That is so fucked up it is unreal. I personally find it increasingly difficult to hold anything but contempt for the football industry and a society that can let this happen.

What's hard to understand there?

a: It's easier to become a professional nurse than a professional footballer

b: The ability to be miserable doesn't disappear when you get money

c: I don't make the rules but that's how it is, I never said I liked it

Money might not guarantee happiness but it certainly helps. And not having money is pretty well correlated with being unhappy I'd say. Your point was facile to say the least.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez

We have some shit songs but none shitter than. "Wayne Rooney, Wayne Rooney, he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney". Thoughts FCUM?

I think the inequality in income makes people at the top end just as miserable as those at the bottom FWIW but I also don't see it changing any time soon.

You what? ;)

SO, if I have got this right, an avaerage nurse will have to work TEN YEARS now to make as much money as Rooney does in ONE WEEK, regardless of the latter's form and contribution to his club.

That is so fucked up it is unreal. I personally find it increasingly difficult to hold anything but contempt for the football industry and a society that can let this happen.

Money might not guarantee happiness but it certainly helps. And not having money is pretty well correlated with being unhappy I'd say. Your point was facile to say the least.

Stop being a twat Renton.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

You what? ;)

Like asking him to stop breathing that mate.

You what? ;)

Predictable. DO you think being rich makes you miserable then Stevie?

Guest Tuco Ramirez

You what? ;)

I don't know because I'm not rich. If I won the lottery I'd tell no one, because I think people who are rich who feel miserable, they feel that way because of other peoples reaction to their wealth. A £500 winning bet on the football and I'm knocking one out, so probably not.

You what? ;)

I don't know because I'm not rich. If I won the lottery I'd tell no one, because I think people who are rich who feel miserable, they feel that way because of other peoples reaction to their wealth. A £500 winning bet on the football and I'm knocking one out, so probably not.

Fair enough, personally I'd love to be rich - no way would it make me miserable any way.

Fair enough, personally I'd love to be rich - no way would it make me miserable any way.

I think its naive to think that wealth doesn't bring problems - theres enough evidence to suggest that it does. Of course that doesn't stop the desire for it - myself included.

Depends on your definition of 'rich'. Comfortable so that I don't have any financial concerns in life but that I still need to work to supplement my living expenditure appeals.

Having so much lolly that I could fucking bathe in the stuff however does not. The counter-effect on that would be that I'd lose the drive to achieve anything and with that gone I'd soon become bored and miserable.

Everyone's different though.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

When you get in to the obscene buy a country levels of wealth that presents its' own problems too. I mean RA has a team of 20 security people around him 24/7 because of threats to his life.

If that'd the case though, find something to do with your life. Do charitable work, or whatever. If you've accumulated enough wealth to not have to worry about accumulating further wealth, that would seem to me to be a good place to be.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I don't think you attaining the wealth would make you miserable, I think people who don't have enough money to make ends meet, or find they're going through the motions of life because they don't have enough funds to start enjoying the better things in life, are miserable because of the fact they don't have surplus cash. Surely being rich is a positive.

If that'd the case though, find something to do with your life. Do charitable work, or whatever. If you've accumulated enough wealth to not have to worry about accumulating further wealth, that would seem to me to be a good place to be.

It's all about the individual and what drives them though isn't it? Whilst that may float one person's boat it won't necessarily do so with the next person.

There's no right or wrong answer on this one. What is true though is that Rooney was on a stinking amount of cash and hoyed the toys out of the pram to get even more. Given the current financial climate he's a fucking greedy bastard who should be vilified for his actions by the fans of Manchester United. But we know damned well they'll continue their fucking 'love-in' of him and go so far as to thank him for staying....

Utter tits.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

It's all about the individual and what drives them though isn't it? Whilst that may float one person's boat it won't necessarily do so with the next person.

There's no right or wrong answer on this one. What is true though is that Rooney was on a stinking amount of cash and hoyed the toys out of the pram to get even more. Given the current financial climate he's a fucking greedy bastard who should be vilified for his actions by the fans of Manchester United. But we know damned well they'll continue their fucking 'love-in' of him and go so far as to thank him for staying....

Utter tits.

I think they'll not vilify him because of their hatred of Malcolm Glazer. A lot of them are pleased about what he did because it exposed the Glazer's further, because they didn't get David Villa or Ibrahimovic they see it as the Glazer's being tight arsed, they see Rooney as having forced their hands. I've seen some interviewed saying "Dis is Manchisdoh You-nighted, and we're playing second fiddle to Citeh, all Rooneh is doing is expowwsing the Glazoh's".

You what? ;)

Same here like, but I admit to also feeling a need to be able to say that I'd 'earned' riches in some way. However that might be. I think thats a self respect thing.

I find it hard to criticise the likes of Rooney because it's just market forces at the end of the day. At the same time I don't have any respect for him (or professional footballers generally) beyond football itself because everyone knows 99% of them would be pretty much zero without the accident of birth of being good at kicking a ball about (and some arent even particularly good at that tbh). Iyam it's a species of millionaires who are far more akin to lottery winners than the sort of self made people who you could pretty much plonk down anywhere on the globe with nothing to their name and who would rise to the top in anything they tried just in order to survive. Those people I admire as much as anyone I can think of.

Can you imagine the fucking mong perma-sunburnt in Spain and incapable of wrapping his doughy head around even the simplest of Spanish phrases. Still living off fish fingers and potato waffles while surrounded by the finest Mediterranean cuisine.

I reckon he'll stick to Manchester personally.

article-1323764-0BC2FA71000005DC-967_306x359.jpg

7 star hotel in Dubai, "Even his chicken nuggets and chips were £25 a portion.".

Well called Mr. Gemmill.

My mate sat at the table beside him for dinner last night in Dubai. I'll find out if he was on the brids eye fingers.

Can you imagine the fucking mong perma-sunburnt in Spain and incapable of wrapping his doughy head around even the simplest of Spanish phrases. Still living off fish fingers and potato waffles while surrounded by the finest Mediterranean cuisine.

I reckon he'll stick to Manchester personally.

article-1323764-0BC2FA71000005DC-967_306x359.jpg

7 star hotel in Dubai, "Even his chicken nuggets and chips were £25 a portion.".

Well called Mr. Gemmill.

My mate sat at the table beside him for dinner last night in Dubai. I'll find out if he was on the brids eye fingers.

Look at the state of his ridiculous face man. It's like when Biffa Bacon goes on holiday.

If someone gave me £1 billion tomorrow, I'd be absolutely miserable. I think I would lose my drive and wouldn't no what 2 do.

Have a fucking word for fuck's sake ;) So you're rich enough that you don't have to work, get a hobby or something.

He does but it costs him every time the wife finds out.

Aye, it'll cost him 10k or so to pay for her latest liposuction off her fucking fanny or whatever she's playing at these days. She'll never leave him, a work colleague made a pertinent point yesterday that without Rooney, she'd be bent over some park swings getting raw-dogged by the local chavs. At least the footballers have some form of discernible talent, eve if they are arguably over-rewarded for it.

A 49-foot effigy of Wayne Rooney will be set alight at a public bonfire in Kent this weekend.

The Manchester United and England striker will be this year's celebrity Guy at the Edenbridge Bonfire Society's annual display on Saturday.

The firework-stuffed effigy, complete with United shirt and Shrek ears, holds a copy of his recently-signed five-year contract in one hand and a bag of cash in the other.

The display is expected to draw crowds of up to 15,000 spectators, almost double the population of the town of Edenbridge itself.

The society's spokesman, Charles Laver, said: "I hate football myself so I'm quite happy to burn a footballer. One of our members is a big Man U fan, so he's been advising us on getting all the details of the kit just right."

Rooney was chosen as this year's Guy, following salacious tabloid revelations about his private life and the protracted saga over his lucrative new contract, obtained after he told United that he wanted to leave the club.

Rooney joins the list of Edenbridge celebrity Guys which in recent years have included Cherie Blair, Gordon Brown, Russell Brand and glamour model Katie Price.

pa-photos_t_wayne-rooney-50ft-effigy-guy-fawkes-bonfire-night-pictures-0311a.jpg

Nice touch with the ears :lol: