FM 2011

khay

I find the 4-4-1-1 is the best tactic to play. Did me well on my Newcastle game and I've gone back to it with Morecambe. Currently 8th in the league and in the FA Cup Semi Final, which is a mean feat bearing in mind I took over at the start when they were in League Two! Got some top notch regens coming through as well so hoping that I will be challenging for Europe next season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never ever seen anyone go into administration on mine. I just get absolutely fuck loads of takeovers but despite this I have still not ever had one.

Won the league and league cup last season with Morecambe, though. In the CL this year in a difficult group but despite losing to Lyon I managed to grab a 1-0 win against Real Madrid and beat the other random Norweigan team as well so qualification is definitely a possibility. Top of the league and despite only being like 10 games in I am already 6 clear.

Liverpool have been going through loads of potential take-overs (and the accompanying transfer embargo), they've not made the CL in ages, proper mid-table mediocrity, all their players are old and/or shit.

They're genuinely fucked.

The closest I have had to a big team fucking it all up is Tottenham narrowly escaping relegation in the season before the one I am in now. Chelsea have been becoming more and more of a mid-table side as the years go by and they don't look like getting better.

Of course the biggest change is that Morecambe are top of the PL in 2018 and have just beaten R. Madrid 4-2 at the Bernabeu xD

I usually get Christian Benitez. should cost 3-4m. Always scores alot for me and has great resale value. Got 10m for him a couple seasons later once. Other than that Kadlec and Necid are good young options, they wont play too well to begin with though. Necid will become a monster eventually. Good right backs are hard to get without paying alot. I usually make due with Raylor. Always gets a few goals and can do a decent set-piece.

• 3 weeks later...
Right - I'm going to start a game with us, where I'm only going to buy English players.

Done it with Man City, abit easier :huh:

Serious question, how do you take a screenshot? Everytime I try it just takes a picture of another window I have open, like Facebook.

Are you running Windows 7? if so

go start -> type SnippingTool and hit return and you can choose to take a grab of exactly what you want.

Right - I'm going to start a game with us, where I'm only going to buy English players.

Done it with Man City, abit easier :huh:

Serious question, how do you take a screenshot? Everytime I try it just takes a picture of another window I have open, like Facebook.

I think if you press ALT + F9 they all get saved into a folder somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Started a FM2010 game with a January 2011 transfer update and took on the challenge of winning the league with Aberdeen and making them a force in Europe.

Hartley is still there and Maguire is out on loan still. Only picked up one player who can cover RB/CB/DMF on a free.

And that was my wage budget gone. After five games I'm top of the league undefeated after beating Rangers. Aiming for top 4 this season though and a place in the europa cup.

Must be due FM 2012 soon? I remember 2009 came out in August? Anyone got an news?

october at the earliest.

Thought we might had some news about it by now

its never before the transfer window ends

usually the details come via the forums but theyve been down for ages due to a "security breach" only recently back up

usually the details come via the forums but theyve been down for ages due to a "security breach" only recently back up

2009 I remember was released before the end of the window

2009 I remember was released before the end of the window

it wasnt

I havent really played on FM 2011 as much as I have the other ones, I took over Newcastle and I'm in the 4th season and top of the league in January by a considerable amount of points, now I'm at the point were I've got my basis of a first team and I'm just signing 16-18 year olds to bring into my first team once the first teamers get over 31

Ive got the likes of Llorente, Sergio Romero, Moussa Sissoko, Axel Witsel, Defour, Douglas Costa, Willian, Schellotto, Shawcross and James Rodrigues