FM 2011

khay

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to do alright with that cos I always scout from the start for youngsters then after a 3 seasons theyre ready for the first team if i need them in the 25 man quota

Best thing to do when you start is to scout for players under the age of 18 then scout the best ones you can find and see how much clubs will let you have them for as you can get some major bargains this way

If youre looking for a challenge, start managing Olimpija, in the Slovenian First League. Its got Haris Vuckic's brother on it, Alen, so thats why I picked them. I've won the league for about 15 years in a row now, and I'm slowly closing in on the Champions League. Made it to the QFs last season, which was my best result so far.

I challenge you lot to do better. :mellow:

Started a FM2010 game with a January 2011 transfer update and took on the challenge of winning the league with Aberdeen and making them a force in Europe.

Hartley is still there and Maguire is out on loan still. Only picked up one player who can cover RB/CB/DMF on a free.

And that was my wage budget gone. After five games I'm top of the league undefeated after beating Rangers. Aiming for top 4 this season though and a place in the europa cup.

Won the league with three games to go about 15 points clear and won the league cup. Got knocked out the other cup by Celtic. The only team that gave me a chanellege bar Motherwell's 3 at the back formation.

Not sure if I automatically get a champions league group stage or not. If not I'm going to struggle through the play off.

all I should be able to attract a few decent players now.

Only other transfer was John Kennedy on a free during the second part of the season. Sold some youngsters/fringe players and brought in about a million. Balance sitting at 500k.

All though I've now got to pack up/wipe my PC before next week and my laptop struggles with FM. :mellow:

New 15" macbook pro might just be on the cards...

Was the starter 15" one and how many leagues do you run? I've normally got the main Europeans ones going. I'm getting it in the USA and getting about 10% off so I think I'm going to get the better one. Can't justify the 17" one though. :mellow:

Edited by khay

Yeah don't get the 17''. Not at all worth it imo. I'm pretty sure it was the starter one, as I don't believe I spent more than the minimum on it.

With my Olimpija game, I run a fuckton of leagues, all the major ones, plus Slovenia, Russia, India, Israel, USA, Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil, and a few more. The only thing that really takes a hit is the loading times between screens, etc, but I usually play FM in windowed mode so I just go do something else.

But yeah, just doing the main European leagues will be completely fine on the MBP.

Cheers.

Gary O'Connor and some eastern European striker snapped up on a free. Plus Maguire back so I'm happy with up top for the league.

First cash splashed was on left back Antunes from Roma for 275k. Still got room in wage budget but will probably wait until January after my champions league cash comes in.

Cheers.

Gary O'Connor and some eastern European striker snapped up on a free. Plus Maguire back so I'm happy with up top for the league.

First cash splashed was on left back Antunes from Roma for 275k. Still got room in wage budget but will probably wait until January after my champions league cash comes in.

I used to get Antunes on the previous FM's, he always used to love to bang in a free-kick like

Slotting in nicely for me so far.

Also got Corry Evans on a free transfer and then added another player I can't spell his name that covers a few positions.

Started the season well again. still top after about 10 games. All though I'm struggling with the midweek games and have dropped a few points. Celtic would be top but have played a couple of games less. I surrendered the lead briefly to Dundee Utd but managed to turn around 3-0 to a 3-4 win. :o

Champions League group is AC Milan, Stuggart and Lyon. Started with a 5-2 defeat at the San Siro. Drew 2-2 with Lyon at home. Lost at home to Stuggart but then managed to sneak a 0-1 away win. So there is still a chance of me getting third.

Just downloaded database that takes me all the way down to Level 11 of the English League system - including all the local county cups and various individual league cups... some people seriously spend too much time on this sort of stuff, but I salute them all the same.

Starting off as "Team Northumbria" in the Northern Football League D2 (Level 10). Hoping to work my way up the management pyramid only accepting jobs at clubs who are members of either the Durham County (excluding the Mackems) or Northumbria FA's with the ultimate goal of eventually landing the Newcastle job. Probably gonna end up going to have a career route of something like Northumbria - > Gateshead/Blyth - > Hartlepool - > Newcastle.

Going to probably cause MY computer to melt during the early qualifying rounds of the FA Cup and the early FA Vase rounds when you have 300 + games scheduled for one day...

Just downloaded database that takes me all the way down to Level 11 of the English League system - including all the local county cups and various individual league cups... some people seriously spend too much time on this sort of stuff, but I salute them all the same.

Starting off as "Team Northumbria" in the Northern Football League D2 (Level 10). Hoping to work my way up the management pyramid only accepting jobs at clubs who are members of either the Durham County (excluding the Mackems) or Northumbria FA's with the ultimate goal of eventually landing the Newcastle job. Probably gonna end up going to have a career route of something like Northumbria - > Gateshead/Blyth - > Hartlepool - > Newcastle.

Going to probably cause MY computer to melt during the early qualifying rounds of the FA Cup and the early FA Vase rounds when you have 300 + games scheduled for one day...

Where did you get that? Can't be bothered to make it

I've been thinking of starting a Barcelona game for a while, mainly to see if there's anyone out there who's replicated their current style of football.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-ma...vi-passing.html

This tactic looks to be the closest out there, so if anybody has been interested in doing this for a while, it's worth trying that one out.

I've been thinking of starting a Barcelona game for a while, mainly to see if there's anyone out there who's replicated their current style of football.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-ma...vi-passing.html

This tactic looks to be the closest out there, so if anybody has been interested in doing this for a while, it's worth trying that one out.

Ive not managed it yet, the problem for me is replicating how their forwards actually play, Messi Villa and Pedro dont quite slot into the FM style of tactics properly, think its time for them to revamp the positions system they've basically used the same since CM3

Where did you get that? Can't be bothered to make it

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.ph...M11-to-Level-11.

I've attempted the Gateshead thing like, upto League One so far but lost interest, will have to get back into it before the new games oot!

Best of luck Tooj!

Just won the league cup with them in 2019! :lol:

im at 2020, 60 points from becoming the greatest english manager of all time which I should manage this season since im 12 points clear with 4 to go. already got 106 in the league this season its been epic

im at 2020, 60 points from becoming the greatest english manager of all time which I should manage this season since im 12 points clear with 4 to go. already got 106 in the league this season its been epic

smashed it at last, now 80 points clear of paisley, top english, 2nd behin ferguson for managing in england, 5th in world and europe

won every comp I was in apart from the community shield this season, Ive never had a year like it on an FM

started a new game after doing the above as newcastle, latest transfer update, finished 11th season one and 7th season 2 which got me a EL place

just made possibly the best signing I have ever pulled off on any FM though signing Samir Nasri on a free from arsenal at the end of season 2.

started a new game after doing the above as newcastle, latest transfer update, finished 11th season one and 7th season 2 which got me a EL place

just made possibly the best signing I have ever pulled off on any FM though signing Samir Nasri on a free from arsenal at the end of season 2.