West Ham 1-2 Newcastle United

The Fish

I like how the africans play and he looks like he can twat a ball.....on target.

And that is why donkey will never play for Nigeria.

The work Tiote gets through is amazing.

And he's composed under pressure and can pass....quality.

Gray clearly has something against Colo.

And Newcastle.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goose step from Tiote! Commentators get it wrong again. Simpson needs to adjust to the fact that this isn't a reserves match and he's horribly outpaced by their left winger.

Haha i noticed that! ;)

Simpson just isnt match fit.

Pretty good 1st half. Good contest and a pretty good performance from us.

If we can get a little more joy down the right and get some balance then we could well win this.

Simpson's lack of match fitness shows but i still think he is better than Perch.

Come on lads ;)

I like how the africans play and he looks like he can twat a ball.....on target.

And the fact that he's a scouser :lol:

;)

donkey, not the ass! :lol:

Carrolls positioning is a bit, well, shit really. I appreciate his work-rate, but sometimes he'd be much better off working the width of the 18 yard box and not leaving the opposition half.

He scored a screamer V Villa by tracking back to the wing, and all fans love a player who'll sweat buckets. Westham look vulnerable on crosses though and there have been times when he's standing beside the crosser!

;)

I know....i was thinkin there......you ment Ameobi right?

Who did monkey mean?

Chris needs to get some of our attack directed down our right hand side, if only so that they can't stack our left hand side where pretty much every attacking play is coming from at the moment. Even if we just spread the ball out to Barton and Simpson then have them move it back through the middle via Tiote or Colo and Willo.

Even with their defense loaded on our left Enrique has put in a number of dangerous balls and Jonas is getting into dangerous positions. Carroll is throwing his body around nicely and Shola's touch with his feet for the most past has looked decent. Nolan's defense and first touch is very ordinary. Not very mobile but he's getting into the right areas to clean up crosses/corners etc. If he didn't have Tiote playing 'alongside' he'd be more exposed but as it is it's not so bad. Having said that when Hughton inevetably brings Routledge on I wouldn't mind it being at the expense of Nolan bringing Barton into the middle.

;)

Who did monkey mean?

Fist meant the man with the fire extinguisher.

;)

Who did monkey mean?

Thought you meant nolan

fuck knows why :icon_lol:

I am the donkeys ass;

180px-Shrek_donkey.jpg

Strange game, they dominated until they scored, we dominated until we scored then it evened out, and then they probably came back into it, before we finished with a little flurry before halftime.

I actually think Shola has been one of the better players, good first touch, decent passing and looked likely to trouble them unusually! But when they hit it early/first time far up the pitch they are getting far too easy a chance to attack us.

As people have said Simpson isn't up to full speed yet and their winger is quick, but at least he's in the right position which is a start! I havent seen the usual Perch trick of arriving in shot seconds after he should have been there. But down the right is where we'll be troubled time and again. I want Saylor at RB as soon as he's fit personally as the other two aren't good enough.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

;)

Who did monkey mean?

Fist meant the man with the fire extinguisher.

Mr Nolan ahh i see.

He's never been very good at defending someone with the ball at their feet, falls for every feint and overcommits often. His positioning is better than Perch though. It's hard to tell but this Obina looks to be quite quick, not the player you want to be up against in your return to first team action after a long time out.

They've looked poor since they scored, but unfortunately we've also dropped off a bit since getting the equaliser.

I actually think Shola has been one of the better players, good first touch, decent passing and looked likely to trouble them unusually! But when they hit it early/first time far up the pitch they are getting far too easy a chance to attack us.

Agree. His footwork has been tidy spare for one time where he mucked it up (that I remember). Using his body well and his short pasing looks crisp.