Joey Barton

Anorthernsoul

Been charged with violent conduct.

He has til 6pm Friday to appeal or he can take the three match ban

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/Ne...2010/Barton1111

He should spend the week compiling a video reel of all the horror tackles and unpunished incidents of the last couple of seasons. Then turn up, ask for them to dim the lights and run the video. DeJong's tackle, caption: "UNPUNISHED", etc etc.

Then when the lights go up, he's no longer in the room. Case presented. And like that....he's gone.

With a Christian Bale/Batman voice-over.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should spend the week compiling a video reel of all the horror tackles and unpunished incidents of the last couple of seasons. Then turn up, ask for them to dim the lights and run the video. DeJong's tackle, caption: "UNPUNISHED", etc etc.

Then when the lights go up, he's no longer in the room. Case presented. And like that....he's gone.

Probably better with a Kevin Spacey/Kyser Soze voice tttt.

No point harping on about who got away with what and the nasty FA, he's a fucking prick.

I would feel better if it was a nasty tackle that went too far or a reaction to a nasty tackle, but having just got back in the game, to fucking risk it all.....Dick.

On top of all that we now lose our best player and main goal assister for 3 games.

Wanker

(And I love him as a player)

Probably better with a Kevin Spacey/Kyser Soze voice tttt.

I knew you would pick it. Well played, sir.

The only thing Barton done wrong last night for me was not hitting him harder.

Daft shite will get a few game ban now like, which is no good to us but for me it was just a one off incident in a game he was frustrated with, love how some on here portray themselves to be Angels, everyone has a nasty side to them.

Just say you don't agree with it and support the team instead of saying what sort of person he is...

Hardly supporting the team and if he comes back and scores straight away after his impending ban then you're saying you wouldn't cheer?! Fucking grow up.

Pedersen should be as ashamed as Barton imo. The correct response to a punch like that is to look down at your chest and fucking laugh in his face. It's beyond pathetic to drop to the floor with your crying face on. I know players do it and it's seen as the "clever"thing to do, but it's so girly.

I'm not nails by any stretch, but whoever on here claimed it was a hard punch should hand his cock and balls in.

:dunno:

He's been charged by the FA, but apparently there won't be a ban, however Mrs Nolan might want to put an extra plate out for tea tonight.

Is it a Fifa rule or an FA rule that if the ref fucks up and goes soft on a filthy challenge it can't be looked at again?

Both the FA and FIFA can and have revisited incidents that have been seen and acted upon by referees in the game. When the FA claim that they're not able to it's plain and simple because they're a bunch of fucking cowards.

"I fully accept that I was in the wrong on this occasion and accept the charge that the FA have brought against me," said Barton.

"I would like to apologise to Chris Hughton, my team-mates, our supporters and of course to Morten Gamst Pedersen and Blackburn Rovers.

"This season, I have really been enjoying my football and although I have been on the receiving end of a few robust challenges, I have, up until now, remained calm in the face of provocation and just carried on with the game.

"But I hold my hands up, I reacted badly to the situation on Wednesday night and I deeply regret it.

"I have been working very hard to keep that side of my game under control and I think it has showed in the way I have been able to get on and enjoy my football this season.

"I look forward to trying to get back into the team once my suspension is over and helping the club maintain its good start to the season."

Good article in support of Barton on the back of The Sunday Times sports section. Unfortunately I can't cut and paste it because you have to subscribe to it now. Basically saying he's tried to sort his life out and deserves a break for largely having done so.

I'm sick of seeing and hearing the lies that he's sorting his life out, he's calm etc. The constant scouse nasal whine adds to the effect. And it is always after he beats the shit out of some random person.

Tbf, he claims he was an alcoholic and supposedly hasn't touched a drop since the bother in the Liverpool McDonald's. I don't condone what he did to Pedersen and it deserved the 3 match ban. It was stupid but it's been blown out of proportion because it was Joey Barton. I appreciate he's brought it on himself in terms of earning his reputation but he deserves credit if it's true about staying off the sauce.