People who hate flying

Walliver

I've got a tip. Man the fuck up.

would you say that if someone sitting next to you took a printer cartridge out of their pocket

:lol: Loopy.

Is that a printer cartridge in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

I think Leazes genuinely believes that life outside of his care home flows like an action movie, with bad-guys at every turn.

bless him

comes from reading hte Daily Mail

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't flown for 5 years. Last time I flew was the toon to Stansted, before heading to Cardiff for the Semi. When the plane landed at Stansted I was on the wing and I'm no kidding 100 feet from the ground the wing breadth was almost vertical to the ground, I was convinced we were going to crash, I shouted "FUCCCCCCCCKIN HELL", and then at the last minute the pilot flipped the wing up and even then it felt we were skidding diagonally. Was traumatic to say the least, I'll fly again but I was freaked out.

Just think to yourself you're gonna die of something sooner or later, worse ways to die than in a plane, unless you drown in a plane like...

Edited by WDP

Got a 12 hour flight in cattle class to Mexico in two weeks, dreading it tbh. More just the shear discomfort than the plane crashing. That said, got my first real taste of bad turbulence earlier this year, was like being on a rollercoaster, people screaming, bottles and glasses flying everywhere etc. Horrific.

I haven't flown for 5 years. Last time I flew was the toon to Stansted, before heading to Cardiff for the Semi. When the plane landed at Stansted I was on the wing and I'm no kidding 100 feet from the ground the wing breadth was almost vertical to the ground, I was convinced we were going to crash, I shouted "FUCCCCCCCCKIN HELL", and then at the last minute the pilot flipped the wing up and even then it felt we were skidding diagonally. Was traumatic to say the least, I'll fly again but I was freaked out.

Just think to yourself you're gonna die of something sooner or later, worse ways to die than in a plane, unless you drown in a plane like...

Why did you fly to Stansted for Cardiff?

Oddest travel decision i have ever come across.

would you say that if someone sitting next to you took a printer cartridge out of their pocket

I think Leazes genuinely believes that life outside of his care home flows like an action movie, with bad-guys at every turn.

bless him

comes from reading hte Daily Mail

said before I have never bought it and don't read it. You're a forgetful bugger aren't you

bless him

ah, you both have no sense of humour either then :icon_lol:

That and flying on the wing.

special "outer cabin"rate from RyanAir - but you pay a few quid extra for the view

special "outer cabin"rate from RyanAir - but you pay a few quid extra for the view

not to mention you can shit yourself for nowt out there.

not to mention you can shit yourself for nowt out there.

Wiping might be a challenge. You'd not want a wing view inside the plane either......

QANTAS in recent years have spent a fortune repairing a couple of planes that have come unstuck because they wanted to keep their "never written off an aircraft" record.

That said their service is shite, a lot of their fleet needs updating and they're expensive.

Speaking of flying, I'm off to Emshterdem tomorrow with the good men and women of KLM.

Off to have a good time with the men of Amsterdam tomorrow more like it.

I'm gonna kick you right in your babybels next time I see you.

Self help, hypnosis blah blah blah

Actually, Alex is right. If she really is very scared then it would be reasonable for her doctor to give her some diazepam (Valium). I did it when I worked in general practice.

Now I have access to some much, much better drugs. :icon_lol:

I hate flying and have done for quite a few years, since an incident when I was a kid that probably wasn't very serious but scared me quite a bit. The last few years I've always been to get valium for flying, just the 2mg ones to take the edge off a little and as something to fall back on really. Just back from the US and flew Manchester to Philly then on to Vegas, and back the same way which was the furthest I've ever been. To be honest it wasn't as bad as I expected, out of 28 valium I only took 5 or 6 overall, but it was nice to know they were there. It's mainly the take-off and landing I hate and both were fine expect to my paranoid ears on the final flight I'm sure it took 3 attempts to get the landing gear down.

Still not in any hurry to fly again anytime soon like, the worry leading up to it really stops me looking forward to a holiday.

QANTAS in recent years have spent a fortune repairing a couple of planes that have come unstuck because they wanted to keep their "never written off an aircraft" record.

That said their service is shite, a lot of their fleet needs updating and they're expensive.

Qantas has a very bad rep here in NZ. Plus bits have fallen off their arcraft on a regular basis over the last 3 years. I was once coming back from Melbourne and they delayed the plane for 4 hours; their attitude was basically "fuck off and find something to do, we'll call you when we're ready". As it happens the delay was due to a passenger taking ill (apparently) but they didn't give a shit about the passengers left wondering when they'd get home, it was like flying with a hyper expensive Ryan Air.

I wouldn't fly with them again if I can help it.