People who hate flying

Walliver

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone who hates flying has any tips for a reluctant flier, especially for a long, long flight, that would be greatly appreciated.

some airlines do "introductory" courses that show you around

the other thing is to read up about it so you understand what is happening and why it happens - and why there is very very little to fear about commercial flying with decent airlines - t

Truth is it's not a fear of flying, it's a fear of dying and once you realise you are going to die anyway but statistically there is less chance of it happening in an aeroplane than in say an automobile, you probably should have a bigger fear of driving.

btw I hate fucking flying but it's an even smaller world if you don't.

Apparently 90% of people in plane crashes survive. Not as good a story for the papers though

Aye but it's the ones where 100% of them don't that worry me :angry:

Truth is it's not a fear of flying, it's a fear of dying and once you realise you are going to die anyway but statistically there is less chance of it happening in an aeroplane than in say an automobile, you probably should have a bigger fear of driving.

btw I hate fucking flying but it's an even smaller world if you don't.

Probably got something to do with the lack of over 65's and women flying them. :angry:

It's true though, you are more likely to die on your way to the airport then when you're flying. I just hope we're not making you scared of driving.

Where are you going walliver?

You still in Aberdeen. Fun part is the landing before they run out of runway.

No, I'm in Melbourne now. I'm trying to convince someone to join me and although she sounds pretty keen the big sticking point is that she hates flying and the idea of being on a plane for pretty much a full day does not appeal.

The best solution is to get "a little helper" from the doctor beforehand and supplement it with liberal amounts of alcohol when you take off. Then sleep it off throughout the flight. Unless of course you're one of those radgies that transforms into a drug fuelled raging lunatic and tries to take their trousers off, light a tab and fight everyone.

If the plane crashes in the sea, you'll stand no chance of making it out alive if you're comatose. But then you'd probably die anyway as some overweight businessmen in First Class and the crew will have deployed the escape chute already and made off with the life rafts.

Where are you going walliver?

You still in Aberdeen. Fun part is the landing before they run out of runway.

No, I'm in Melbourne now. I'm trying to convince someone to join me and although she sounds pretty keen the big sticking point is that she hates flying and the idea of being on a plane for pretty much a full day does not appeal.

Aah!

She needs a reason to go which is compelling enough to override her fear of flying- send her some pics of you nuts deep in various marsupials. Explain that in her continued absence you will be forced to move on to saltwater crocs, and only her lady love can avert this disaster.

Then send her flight details.

*of course, if the 'she' in question is Ma Walliver, this approach may cause more problems than it solves, in which case, you're on your own mate*

I've got a tip. Man the fuck up.

would you say that if someone sitting next to you took a printer cartridge out of their pocket

:lol: Loopy.

Is that a printer cartridge in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

I think Leazes genuinely believes that life outside of his care home flows like an action movie, with bad-guys at every turn.

bless him

I've got a tip. Man the fuck up.

would you say that if someone sitting next to you took a printer cartridge out of their pocket

:lol: Loopy.

Is that a printer cartridge in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

I think Leazes genuinely believes that life outside of his care home flows like an action movie, with bad-guys at every turn.

bless him

"Experience" :icon_lol: