People who hate flying

Walliver

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HE dear boy is a Test Engineer - who after a life time of testing systems on these things was in a genuine emergency for once - apparently the Fly By Wire controls also went out and it was manual flying - a bit like losing your power steering

• 1 month later...
Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Next time I come to London I'm flying down like. My train was nearly an hour late for one, but it's only two month since I've been up and down the East Coast Mainline, and I can't believe what they've done. I had me manbag on me seat and this cheeky fucka bloke comes over to me, "if you don't move that I'll charge you £126 for usage of the seat", I gans what's harm it's doing, and he started getting irate. So I says what if I put me paper on it you gonna charge me £126 for that as well. The thing is and people who have travelled recently will notice this, the new checkies seem to be employed by the British Transport Police, and they're dressed almost identically to police, with something like "Transport Enforcers" embroided on their black OB outfit. I can imagine how people would be intimidated, I tell you what I just thought fuckin checkies getting on and aggressively asking for tickets dressed like some cunt off The Bill, this country is slowly feeling like a Police State.

Got to say though I think East Coast has improved ten fold since it was National Express who were an utter disgrace. Apart from the price that is, upwards of £300 sometimes if you want to make an early start in London, which is why I'm sometimes forced to fly. Problem with that is the return flight is almost always delayed, often quite badly.

Got to say though I think East Coast has improved ten fold since it was National Express who were an utter disgrace. Apart from the price that is, upwards of £300 sometimes if you want to make an early start in London, which is why I'm sometimes forced to fly. Problem with that is the return flight is almost always delayed, often quite badly.

The best were GNER, staff were generally friendly as well. N.E. were pretty dire though I agree. However there's no excuse for intimidating passengers, I can't explain how aggressive they were, almost like their customers were the enemy. You have to see their uniforms, it's proper shock tactics. This must be a very very recent thing as like I say I was here October time. Rob W will work for these won't he?

Alex what's wrong with having a manbag like?? I bet you've got one! The Fish will have definitely too.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

The best were GNER, staff were generally friendly as well. N.E. were pretty dire though I agree. However there's no excuse for intimidating passengers, I can't explain how aggressive they were, almost like their customers were the enemy. You have to see their uniforms, it's proper shock tactics. This must be a very very recent thing as like I say I was here October time. Rob W will work for these won't he?

Alex what's wrong with having a manbag like?? I bet you've got one! The Fish will have definitely too.

Just kidding. And aye, GNER were spot on. Iirc they were pretty much priced out of the route when it was opened for tender, then National Express decided they didn't want to keep doing it as they couldn't make a profit and reneged on their agreement so it had to be nationalised. Perhaps youo just got a jobsworth prick. I'd actually like to see that stand-up in court as well, i.e. charge for use of seat. The Daily Mail would love it as well :lol:

Just kidding. And aye, GNER were spot on. Iirc they were pretty much priced out of the route when it was opened for tender, then National Express decided they didn't want to keep doing it as they couldn't make a profit and reneged on their agreement so it had to be nationalised. Perhaps youo just got a jobsworth prick. I'd actually like to see that stand-up in court as well, i.e. charge for use of seat. The Daily Mail would love it as well :lol:

I reckon Stevie got a jobsworth probably, he does sound like a prick (the jobsworth that is :lol:). I've been informed I have a manbag, didn't even know it was one until a lass at work admired it.

I swear to god right after bollocking me and various other people in my carriage, it was 1/4 empty by the way, the lass who was with him and dressed the same went over the tannoy to say anyone putting bags and other items on the seats would be charged £126. Next time you do the route you'll see.

I reckon Stevie got a jobsworth probably, he does sound like a prick (the jobsworth that is :lol:). I've been informed I have a manbag, didn't even know it was one until a lass at work admired it.

It's how they're dressed as well though Renton, it's a noticable shift. Some old dear would've been reduced to tears by their attitudes.

Were you intimidated? I thought you were 17+ stone of muscle-clad geordie terror? Should of chinned the cunt.

Were you intimidated? I thought you were 17+ stone of muscle-clad geordie terror? Should of chinned the cunt.

:lol: Dead on 15st now mate :lol: I wasn't intimidated but people will be by their disgusting attitude, treat people as they treat you, if someone treats you with respect give them it back ten fold, if someone is a unnecessarily cheeky cunt the same principle applies.

Next time I come to London I'm flying down like. My train was nearly an hour late for one, but it's only two month since I've been up and down the East Coast Mainline, and I can't believe what they've done. I had me manbag on me seat and this cheeky fucka bloke comes over to me, "if you don't move that I'll charge you £126 for usage of the seat", I gans what's harm it's doing, and he started getting irate. So I says what if I put me paper on it you gonna charge me £126 for that as well. The thing is and people who have travelled recently will notice this, the new checkies seem to be employed by the British Transport Police, and they're dressed almost identically to police, with something like "Transport Enforcers" embroided on their black OB outfit. I can imagine how people would be intimidated, I tell you what I just thought fuckin checkies getting on and aggressively asking for tickets dressed like some cunt off The Bill, this country is slowly feeling like a Police State.

Its amazing what a uniform does to some people :lol:

:lol:

Sorry, thought I'd fill in for Hips (;)).

Sorry, thought I'd fill in for Hips (:razz:).

HeHe thanks.....aw I miss Snakey ;)

Just got back from the office Christmas bash. Flights from London City to Frankfurt and back worked a treat (and a healthy dose of Kristallweizen helps the old nerves a ton). The lads who came from Berlin? Two hours delay on the way there last night, flight back this morning cancelled because of a bomb scare. They'll be getting the train next year - at least you can bring a bottle of wine or three. :lol: Mind it's a different matter when someone else is paying for it, obviously.

People always say flying takes longer after you've added checking in, security, transport to the centre at the other end and that, but I have to say I do find it less of a fuck on than the train sometimes.

A couple of years ago when we played Zulte Waragem in the UEFA Cup, we decided to get the train from Newcastle to Ghent, where the match was being played. Just fancied trying the Eurostar out, rather than fly like we do most of the time. The journey down was fine, but on the way back on the Friday, we got into London to discover the East Coast line was off south of Peterborough due to a signal failure at Biggleswade (don't ask me why I can still remember that!) and that there wouldn't be any trains for the forseeable.

To cut a long story short, we ended up going up the West Coast from Euston, then accross. Virgin accepted our tickets 'as a gesture of goodwill' though to be honest they were fucked regardless as it was Friday, rush hour, and everyone would be using them to get home whether they liked it or not. As you can imagine, the trains were fucking rammed beyond the point of 'safe' with people standing in the bogs and all sorts. Arseholes in First Class were kicking off about people standing in there with pleb tickets aswell. Amazing how people turn into total wankers in situations like that.

Just passing through Birmingham, there was an announcement.. 'Ladies and Gentlemen, due to a number of people asking, we would just like to make it clear that the gentleman in Coach F has purchased a walk on ticket for his Surf Board.' :lol: If I was him I'd have found out who was asking and smashed them over the head with it. To be fair though he'd have struggled to move his arms.

Normally in situations like that we'd have got pissed and got on with it, but we couldn't even do that!

People always say flying takes longer after you've added checking in, security, transport to the centre at the other end and that, but I have to say I do find it less of a fuck on than the train sometimes.

A couple of years ago when we played Zulte Waragem in the UEFA Cup, we decided to get the train from Newcastle to Ghent, where the match was being played. Just fancied trying the Eurostar out, rather than fly like we do most of the time. The journey down was fine, but on the way back on the Friday, we got into London to discover the East Coast line was off south of Peterborough due to a signal failure at Biggleswade (don't ask me why I can still remember that!) and that there wouldn't be any trains for the forseeable.

To cut a long story short, we ended up going up the West Coast from Euston, then accross. Virgin accepted our tickets 'as a gesture of goodwill' though to be honest they were fucked regardless as it was Friday, rush hour, and everyone would be using them to get home whether they liked it or not. As you can imagine, the trains were fucking rammed beyond the point of 'safe' with people standing in the bogs and all sorts. Arseholes in First Class were kicking off about people standing in there with pleb tickets aswell. Amazing how people turn into total wankers in situations like that.

Just passing through Birmingham, there was an announcement.. 'Ladies and Gentlemen, due to a number of people asking, we would just like to make it clear that the gentleman in Coach F has purchased a walk on ticket for his Surf Board.' :lol: If I was him I'd have found out who was asking and smashed them over the head with it. To be fair though he'd have struggled to move his arms.

Normally in situations like that we'd have got pissed and got on with it, but we couldn't even do that!

Planes are probably even more susceptible to delays though, look at that Iceland volcano thing last March. I like trains when they're fairly quiet and running on time, even enjoy the journey sometimes. Whereas I always hate flying. But crammed trains running late are a fucking nightmare, I agree.

My betters in First Class were kicking off about proletariat outrageously standing in there with scum tickets. Amazing how people turn into total jealous second class wankers in situations like that.

I corrected the errors in your post. :lol:

trainspotter!!