The atmosphere at yesterdays game

Anorthernsoul

Atmosphere was immense from half an hour beforehand until round about now.

I must say lads, I've thoroughly enjoyed sticking pictures of Kevin Nolan on all the mackems desks at work. Their face's are a fuckin' picture.

Chant of the day:

We all live in Kevin Nolans House, Kevin nolans house, kevin nolans house ....

... Days don't come much better than yesterday.

Aye it was good like. We were all going mental, few standing on the tops of the seats facing the mackems at times and so on. Prob no different to other places in the ground. (Im SJH Mid Tier under the away fans).

Would have been even better if the unwashed could have turned up like.

See the ones that seemed to just not return at half time, did they get bussed straight back there and then?

The bar was shut and the doors were locked.

Probably just stood in the corner and had a wank wearing only a jumper.

See the ones that seemed to just not return at half time, did they get bussed straight back there and then?

The bar was shut and the doors were locked.

Probably just stood in the corner and had a wank wearing only a jumper.

:angry:

My first derby and the first time I've witnessed a Newcastle home win in 12 attempts :angry: I've been at big games before at various grounds, but I've never ever heard anything like yesterday, especially when the whole ground chanted Hughton's name. It was deafening.

My first derby and the first time I've witnessed a Newcastle home win in 12 attempts :spinwank: I've been at big games before at various grounds, but I've never ever heard anything like yesterday, especially when the whole ground chanted Hughton's name. It was deafening.

:lol::angry:

My first derby and the first time I've witnessed a Newcastle home win in 12 attempts :angry: I've been at big games before at various grounds, but I've never ever heard anything like yesterday, especially when the whole ground chanted Hughton's name. It was deafening.

It was as good as any Old Firm game imo, certainly better than the one I've been to which was ironically a 5-1 win to Rangers. Sound like Frank fuckin Butcher the day like with all the shouting and smoking yesterday.

That was as good as it gets and I saw my first game in 1983! I honestly thought we'd do these yesterday but got my prediction wrong, (I went for 3-1). The players were superb and seeing the mackems faces was pure fucking karma. If I had to pick two sides we 'owed' one to then it was these, (obviously), and Villa. Villa can now fade back into obscurity whence they came but our friends from Mordor will never live this one down, it made it so much sweeter that the daft bastards really thought they were going to do us, and as I said before the game to one of the fuckers who has now disappeared from here, where that huge confidence came from, I'll never know.

Mackems!

Know.......your....... fucking...... place.

Forever cold in our shadow.

It was as good as any Old Firm game imo, certainly better than the one I've been to which was ironically a 5-1 win to Rangers. Sound like Frank fuckin Butcher the day like with all the shouting and smoking yesterday.

A mate took me along to the Celtic Arsenal Champions League game last season, and the atmosphere that night was pretty spectacular, but yesterday was unbelievable at times. I had to leave my house at 6am to get to the game, and didn't get home till gone midnight, but I could do it every day to witness that.

And I don't agree with much you say Stevie :lol: , but I thought you were spot on with what you said before the game about us winning. There are some derbies where I always expect one side to come out on top, and this is one of them. Irrespective of form I expect Arsenal to beat Spurs, I expect Man United to beat Man City, and I expect Newcastle to beat Sunderland. In each of those games, one side has such an inferiority complex to the other, and it's worth a goal headstart in my book.

A mate took me along to the Celtic Arsenal Champions League game last season, and the atmosphere that night was pretty spectacular, but yesterday was unbelievable at times. I had to leave my house at 6am to get to the game, and didn't get home till gone midnight, but I could do it every day to witness that.

And I don't agree with much you say Stevie :lol: , but I thought you were spot on with what you said before the game about us winning. There are some derbies where I always expect one side to come out on top, and this is one of them. Irrespective of form I expect Arsenal to beat Spurs, I expect Man United to beat Man City, and I expect Newcastle to beat Sunderland. In each of those games, one side has such an inferiority complex to the other, and it's worth a goal headstart in my book.

That's right, even though we've beaten them three times i the last 10 year, I always expect Germany to beat England with the same ethos you mentioned. Where were you travelling back to like Peterhead, long old poke that like?

Came out the Black Bull about 1-15pm and wandered underneath the Leazes and everyone was singing.....I had a feeling it was going to be a bit special then. Been to most derbies home and away since the late 80s and that was better than anything I'd heard before...fuckin marvellous :angry:

Came out the Black Bull about 1-15pm and wandered underneath the Leazes and everyone was singing.....I had a feeling it was going to be a bit special then. Been to most derbies home and away since the late 80s and that was better than anything I'd heard before...fuckin marvellous :lol:

Would be nice if we can keep getting 52000 like. The recession is hitting the NE harder than many places but the next home game is about 20 quid cheaper for any seat for non ST holders. We need the atmosphere like that against the Big 3 if we're to have any chance of beating them. Even the FE were singing :angry:

That's right, even though we've beaten them three times i the last 10 year, I always expect Germany to beat England with the same ethos you mentioned. Where were you travelling back to like Peterhead, long old poke that like?

Exactly

I'm up in Aberdeen actually (although I'm really a Londoner), so not too far out. I booked my train tickets back before the kick-off time was moved, so I had a load of time to kill in the city after the game, and I'm glad I did. :spinwank:

Exactly

I'm up in Aberdeen actually (although I'm really a Londoner), so not too far out. I booked my train tickets back before the kick-off time was moved, so I had a load of time to kill in the city after the game, and I'm glad I did. :spinwank:

Lovely train journey that from Aberdeen, probably the favourite one I've ever done. Glad you enjoyed your day. 6 cans on the train home was it?

Fair play to the lads to the right of us who were pretty loud throughout. You'd expect it to be nothing less though.

Btw that band or whatever the fuck it was that sung Blaydon Races before the game were dreadful! :lol: Dragged on for ages.

And the lads that left early were let out and back to Central Station, they locked the gates at 70 minutes but before that you could leave. I never left like, presumed we'd just be locked in anyway. Stood there completely numb and embarrassed. :icon_lol:

My first derby and the first time I've witnessed a Newcastle home win in 12 attempts :icon_lol: I've been at big games before at various grounds, but I've never ever heard anything like yesterday, especially when the whole ground chanted Hughton's name. It was deafening.

Exactly

I'm up in Aberdeen actually (although I'm really a Londoner), so not too far out. I booked my train tickets back before the kick-off time was moved, so I had a load of time to kill in the city after the game, and I'm glad I did. :rolleyes:

Lovely train journey that from Aberdeen, probably the favourite one I've ever done. Glad you enjoyed your day. 6 cans on the train home was it?

Aye it's gorgeous when it runs along the cliff tops. And yeah there were a few drinks on the way back, made running for my connection at Edinburgh a bit tricky though :lol: