Alright Lads, First post so lets get the minds thinking.

Geordie_Mentalist

Another player not mentioned, Ketsbaia. Looking at the strikeforce though its not suprising why. The list could go on. People who are saying Beye, Hamann, Tiote etc are missing the point mind. Its not players who have came in for 1 season and done well then moved onto pastures new.

Its players who have endeared themselves to us and put in a good bit of service, sure they may of moved on eventually but not before showing passion and that they actually wanted to be at the club.

So I can't have Ben Arfa in my team? :angry:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how about a worst 23? almost as easy. i'm sure there's some obvious ones i've left out

Goalkeepers

Mike Hooper

John Burridge

John Karelse

Defenders

Titus Bramble

Jean Alain Boumsong

Marcelino

Claudio Cacapa

Laurent Charvet

Franck Dumas

Wayne Quinn

Alessandro Pistone

Midfielders

Albert Luque

Des Hamilton

George Georgiadis

Silvio Maric

Xisco

Fumaca

Amdy Faye

John Barnes

Forwards

Paul Dalglish

Carl Cort

Andreas Anderson

Ian Rush

Stephane Guivarch

Barnes played well in a lot of games, he was very good against Barcelona, and I think he was our top scorer, should be no where near this squad.

Steve Watson for right back? Decent cameo as centre forward if required.

Remember that game against the dippers in the League Cup when all our strikers went off injured. Was there that neet. Also he filled in up front for the blue dippers and got a hattrick against Leeds. Could've made a career up front at a club like Everton/West Ham/Charlton etc...

Steve Watson for right back? Decent cameo as centre forward if required.

Remember that game against the dippers in the League Cup when all our strikers went off injured. Was there that neet. Also he filled in up front for the blue dippers and got a hattrick against Leeds. Could've made a career up front at a club like Everton/West Ham/Charlton etc...

I do remember that, amazing. Wasn't one of them a classy lob?

And he's the only right back we've had who could do this.. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6465244057550261922#

Edited by trophyshy

Harsh on Barnes. Maybe Bramble too as he played regularly in one of our best sides.

I don't remember Dumas at all. Shocking? How about Gavilan?

It may be harsh on Barnes but his arms moved faster than his legs when he played for us !!!

Xisco's a forward and hasn't played enough to warrant being there.

Needs to be in our worst signings team, that's for sure, along with Luque, Nacho Gonzales, Michael Owen, Claudio Cacapa, Olivier Bernard MkII, Hugo Viana, Carl Cort, Jean Alain Boumsong, Andersson , Mercelino..

Harsh on Barnes. Maybe Bramble too as he played regularly in one of our best sides.

I don't remember Dumas at all. Shocking? How about Gavilan?

It may be harsh on Barnes but his arms moved faster than his legs when he played for us !!!

:angry:

Harsh? Nah.

how about a worst 23? almost as easy. i'm sure there's some obvious ones i've left out

Goalkeepers

Mike Hooper

John Burridge

John Karelse

Defenders

Titus Bramble

Jean Alain Boumsong

Marcelino

Claudio Cacapa

Laurent Charvet

Franck Dumas

Wayne Quinn

Alessandro Pistone

Midfielders

Albert Luque

Des Hamilton

George Georgiadis

Silvio Maric

Xisco

Fumaca

Amdy Faye

John Barnes

Forwards

Paul Dalglish

Carl Cort

Andreas Anderson

Ian Rush

Stephane Guivarch

My God, what a team. Be interesting to put a figure on how much we paid for that useless shower of shit.

I'd be tempted to put Hugo Viana in for Barnes on the basis he cost quite a few million whereas I think Barnes was on a free.

Goalkeepers

Mike Hooper

John Burridge

John Karelse

Defenders

Titus Bramble

Jean Alain Boumsong

Marcelino

Claudio Cacapa

Laurent Charvet

Franck Dumas

Wayne Quinn

Alessandro Pistone

Midfielders

Albert Luque

Des Hamilton

George Georgiadis

Silvio Maric

Xisco

Fumaca

Amdy Faye

John Barnes

Forwards

Paul Dalglish

Carl Cort

Andreas Anderson

Ian Rush

Stephane Guivarch

My God, what a team. Be interesting to put a figure on how much we paid for that useless shower of shit.

I'd be tempted to put Hugo Viana in for Barnes on the basis he cost quite a few million whereas I think Barnes was on a free.

Unfortunately I think Perch will be on that sort of list pretty soon.

digger barnes was horrible man. legs totally gone by the time we signed him. same goes for rush. i considered putting in viana given how much he cost but i remember the odd good game and goal from him although he was mostly shite.

how could i forget nacho gonzales?

digger barnes was horrible man. legs totally gone by the time we signed him. same goes for rush. i considered putting in viana given how much he cost but i remember the odd good game and goal from him although he was mostly shite.

Because let's be honest Santiago Muñez had a greater impact on SJP than Nacho.

Barnes played well for us. I know he was past it but he played upfront on his own at times and showed what a quality footballer he still was. He was outstanding at home to Man Utd (think we lost 1-0) when Schmeical pulled off some outstanding saves to deny him. That's just one game that stands out but he earned his keep here unlike Rush. No way should he be in our worse PL players squad.

Unless you go along with the theory he was the straw that broke the camel's back re: KK going.

Unless you go along with the theory he was the straw that broke the camel's back re: KK going.

True but I was actually referring to the playing surface at SJP.

perhaps i'm being a little harsh on digger, but for me he will always symbolise daglish's move to boot out a load of keegan favourites and replace them with old cloggers well past their best.

perhaps i'm being a little harsh on digger, but for me he will always symbolise daglish's move to boot out a load of keegan favourites and replace them with old cloggers well past their best.

Can't argue with that. Massive dip in quality to what we were used to, another blunder by FFS. :lol::icon_lol:

True but I was actually referring to the playing surface at SJP.

I know that man :lol:

Yeah, it wasn't a progressive move by any means but there's no way he should be classed as one of our worst players in recent times either.