Would Ben Arfa start in our team at the minute?

Anorthernsoul

[pedant]Not likely, he's got a broken leg[/pedant] :icon_lol:

Big question is of course how he comes back from the injury. If he doesn't lose any pace or ability then IMO him starting is a no-brainer. But I agree with the comments made by DK etc that he'd be somewhat wasted wide left.

Be interesting to see how Hughton deals with it, but I have confidence that he will :lol:

Big question is of course how he comes back from the injury. If he doesn't lose any pace or ability then IMO him starting is a no-brainer. But I agree with the comments made by DK etc that he'd be somewhat wasted wide left.

Be interesting to see how Hughton deals with it, but I have confidence that he will :gay:

Could play off Carroll. :lol:

Question i'm asking is could S.Taylor make his way back in..

Only if Colo / Williamson are injured. :icon_lol:

I concur with Alex. I was fucking delighted he had fuck all to do with the 5-1 game because you can bet your bottom dollar he'd have been bigging himself up afterwards!

Be interesting to see how Hughton deals with it, but I have confidence that he will :gay:

Could play off Carroll. :lol:

best position, probably is wide and cutting in looking at his attributes, but, his goal against everton was in exactly that position. we'd lose out defensively with him in the side though as he's not really one for tracking back.

I love that this is a genuine decision for consideration. It's a nice problem to have /cliché

Oh and fwiw I'd bring him into the squad slowly but surely, one of our players is bound to get injured/lose form.

Is the OP serious?

Did we ever get any form of estimate as to when Ben Arfa might return? March-April perhaps (based on previous similar recovery times)?

I read that de Jong has been left out of the next Dutch squad as well for showing no remorse. Good. I don't have a single positive word to say about him.

I've always thought he was a dirty player, his kick at Alonso was one of the most heinous things I've seen on a football pitch, and now he's completely responsible for robbing my club of potentially its best player for the vast majority of the season.

I have no time for him at all and I only wish Van Marwijk would get rid of Van Bommel too (never going to happen given he's family) as he's also a terrible example to younger footballers.

Aye. I think we're becoming too predictable and he could give us that extra dimension. If he has freedom to drift across the centre as well as play on the wing I think he could create chances. But, to make that more effective I think we need a pacey forward to play off Carroll.

On Taylor, while the contract remains unsigned, I see no reason to hurry him back in to our plans.