How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Really shouldn't weigh yourself every day like this (and i'm guessing you're doing it more than once a day and all)

You don't lose meaningful weight this quickly it just doesn't work CT

Weighing yourself every day (at the same time of day) and tracking it is a good thing. Drawing conclusions from short-term changes or individual weigh-ins isn't. As long as the wider trend is a positive one, though, then :good:

It's just struck me that CT is basically adopting Gemmill's 5:2 daily fasting plan, but on an 11:1 monthly basis instead. He should write a diet book.

If you're a complete gimp, and I am, you calculate a weighted rolling average. :blush:

Jonny, you eat more protein on a fast day basically, cos it makes you feel full. And a load of veg cos it's low calorie so you can eat loads and its good for you.

So yesterday I had nowt for breakfast, 2 hard boiled eggs with loads of cherry tomatoes for lunch (200 calories).

Then for dinner I had couscous with green pesto, pine nuts, red pepper, spring onions, cucumber and feta. (400 calories)

Weighing yourself every day (at the same time of day) and tracking it is a good thing. Drawing conclusions from short-term changes or individual weigh-ins isn't. As long as the wider trend is a positive one, though, then :good:

It's just struck me that CT is basically adopting Gemmill's 5:2 daily fasting plan, but on an 11:1 monthly basis instead. He should write a diet book.

I agree.

My main weigh in is every Monday morning, however I do feel a little check every morning helps motivate you for the day ahead. Recording it on here also motivates me to not the post a worse weight the following week.

As for people saying this sort of weight loss is no good, I of course disagree.

Firstly, quite a few of you are young and very fit, so probably have little personal experience of losing large amounts of weight.

Secondly, to go from a very poor diet to a fairly healthy diet, keeping an eye on calories is bound to have dramatic effects.

Thirdly, IMO, the quicker it's shifted, the better I will feel, which can only help motivate me to keep it off.

In fairness my calorie in take is probably too low but that's more to do with a learning curve of finding suitable meals to eat.

Ie I had a tin of Tuna for lunch yesterday because I wasn't that hungry so didn't fancy Pasta with it, didn't fancy salad and am currently avoiding bread.

You're losing weight, which is the most important thing. You really need to work out a way of maintaining it though.

I invite you to once again ignore my suggestion of this fasting thing as a long term solution/lifestyle change which would allow you to do your normal thing 5 or 6 days a week.

So yesterday I had nowt for breakfast, 2 hard boiled eggs with loads of cherry tomatoes for lunch (200 calories).

Then for dinner I had couscous with green pesto, pine nuts, red pepper, spring onions, cucumber and feta. (400 calories)

:o

I'd be ready to kill.

Typical for me is Breakfast of Granola and yoghurt, Dinner of 2 baps (ham and peasepud today). For snacks I also have 3 bits of fruit, got a sausage roll today as well.

Tea varies. Last night was one baked potato...the night before it was a full chinese. the night before frozen pizza. Still getting through the christmas chocolate so add a few celebrations to that every day...oh, forgot, we had an M&S apple pie left over off a meal deal for pudding last night as well.......she doesn't like custard so I had the full can to myself.

How many calories would that be?

:o

I'd be ready to kill.

Typical for me is Breakfast of Granola and yoghurt, Dinner of 2 baps (ham and peasepud today). For snacks I also have 3 bits of fruit, got a sausage roll today as well.

Tea varies. Last night was one baked potato...the night before it was a full chinese. the night before frozen pizza. Still getting through the christmas chocolate so add a few celebrations to that every day...oh, forgot, we had an M&S apple pie left over off a meal deal for pudding last night as well.......she doesn't like custard so I had the full can to myself.

How many calories would that be?

A lot. :lol: I can eat like that the other 5 days a week though is kinda the point. I'll only have the above day twice a week. Once a week when I'm at a maintenance weight.

So 5 or 6 days a week I can eat whatever I fancy and weight won't be an issue.

You're losing weight, which is the most important thing. You really need to work out a way of maintaining it though.

I invite you to once again ignore my suggestion of this fasting thing as a long term solution/lifestyle change which would allow you to do your normal thing 5 or 6 days a week.

Thats very simple!

Its a case of building up a big enough menu of alternative meals, lunches and snacks, which is why Im trying things like Humous. I've got loads on the "mains" course which are tasty and healthy so just really need to find lunches and occasional snacks.

The fasting thing is not for me. I am fairly confident that your 5 normal days will be different to mine. :lol: I also need a solution that can take in a very busy family lifestyle. IE We all need to be eating the same thing as near as possible.

More importantly than all of the above is finding a menu that the wife can enjoy as she is the temptress in the house and is the one who brings shit into the house or mentions takeaways.

Its like packing in smoking. I tried for many years to do it alone but the fact our lass still smoked made it very difficult. As soon as we stopped together it was a doddle.

not sure i'm convinced by the fasting thing. it seems a very effective way of cutting fat quickly but is it sustainable? what happens when you stop the fasting?

Presumably you don't? I wouldn't regard your exercise regime as very sustainable.

Yeah I don't get the charge that it's unsustainable. You just drop to a day a week and it allows you to overeat a bit the rest of the week to maintain.

Seems a lot more sustainable than any other diet I can think of.

Presumably you don't? I wouldn't regard your exercise regime as very sustainable.

why's that? i train 4-5 times a week. for 35-45 minutes at a time. that's not that unusual.

i doubt i'll still be at it in my 60s and 70s but i see no reason why not to stay this active while young and healthy. besides, i enjoy it.

Yeah I don't get the charge that it's unsustainable. You just drop to a day a week and it allows you to overeat a bit the rest of the week to maintain.

Seems a lot more sustainable than any other diet I can think of.

dunno. what about if you've got friends over for dinner on your fasting day? or does it not matter as long as you do it twice a week?

i suppose a lot of people might look at my diet and training and see it as unsustainable but i don't. it can be adopted to fit around a normal life. i figured that might not be the case for the IF plans, but maybe i'm wrong and it's more flexible than it seems.

why's that? i train 4-5 times a week. for 35-45 minutes at a time. that's not that unusual.

i doubt i'll still be at it in my 60s and 70s but i see no reason why not to stay this active while young and healthy. besides, i enjoy it.

There's no way I would find the time or motivation for that. Each to their own etc.

dunno. what about if you've got friends over for dinner on your fasting day? or does it not matter as long as you do it twice a week?

Aye you just change the day, its not regimented other than not doing fast days consecutively.

Worst comes to worst you just fast once that week.