How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

I've got some of those scales that supposedly measure body fat, they're wildly unpredictable. :lol: I range from around 19-25% usually. I keep meaning to sort out having a proper caliper test done, but never got round to it.

The ones you have in the house send an electric current through you and measure body fat based on impedance. They make it clear in the instructions as well that getting on it after a hot bath or being in a sauna will produce variable results.

If you get decent ones they'll not vary from day to day or anything (no offence Jill!)

Calipers are meant to be the most accurate but the main point about using the scales isnt that it is the most accurate, but if you always use the same scales and always at the same time of day then you can at least track your results. I use scales at home and I know they are not the most accurate but enables me to keep a tab on it. Scales say Im around 18% and Calipers say Im nearer 15%.

Started trying that 5:2 fasting thing. First day today and its an absolute piece of piss. I've had 180 calories since 9pm last night. 400 calories for tea tonight and that's one day done. Go for it again on Thursday.

Started trying that 5:2 fasting thing. First day today and its an absolute piece of piss. I've had 180 calories since 9pm last night. 400 calories for tea tonight and that's one day done. Go for it again on Thursday.

Are you a bit overweight Tarzan?

Is that the one where you fast 2 days out of 7 and can eat normally on other days?

Seems to be the in way of cutting right now. My mate from back home did the alchemist fitness programme, which includes a 16 hour daily fast. Got some pretty amazing before and after shots - went from 17% to 8% bf in 11 weeks. Pretty insane but seems unsustainable to me. I can't fathom get thing through to lunch without any food. Or training on a completely empty stomach. Couldn't see myself sticking with it.

It's alchemist fitness I work with. There's different methods of I.F. But yeah I'm 16hours fasting but bare in mind that includes sleep.

Yes I class it as unsustainable but at the moment it's fine. Once I'm happy ill being breakfast back but it won't be 50g of carbs (cereal). More likely fruit and nuts.

When you think I was eating a massive bowl of porridge at 6am every day that's like 350g of carbs a week I've dropped. Then similar at 9pm that I've cut out and will keep out. Then I've gone to black coffee and no milk as no cereal. These things alone have made a huge difference.

Training on empty is no bother for me. I have a drink of BCAA and maybe a coffee and that's it. First rep 6.35am pretty much.

If you get decent ones they'll not vary from day to day or anything (no offence Jill!)

:lol: None taken. I think mine were about £30, but I had an Amazon voucher and put that towards them. Certainly wouldn't treat whatever they say as gospel. I've never actually read the instructions so I expect I'm not holding the handheld bits right or doing something else slightly differently each time, hence the mad variations.

I couldn't do that fasting thing at all, I feel like I'm going to break out in hives if I go about 5 hours without eating. My mam's thinking of trying it. I'm all for 'litle and often' though, it works for me.

I can see the 5:2 thing working. My worry would be overeating on the post-fasting days, in response to hunger pangs and the body telling you to make up for lost time. But if you can keep that under control, sorted.

Quite strange but since I have started counting calories (14 days), my appetite seems to have dwindled right away. After having an apple and banana for breakfast I could easily skip lunch (I dont). Not getting any great hunger pains at all which quite surprises me. I am drinking a lot more water so maybe this keeps down the hunger pains?

:lol: Hunger pains from skipping one meal.

Meenzer, I've not done a post fast day yet, but from everything I've read, most people only eat around 110% of their daily calorie allowance the day after. And on the fast day you only eat 25% of your allowance, so on that basis it's hard to see how it can fail. We'll see tomorrow when I'm 2000 calories deep by the time I leave for work. :lol:

It's alchemist fitness I work with. There's different methods of I.F. But yeah I'm 16hours fasting but bare in mind that includes sleep.

Yes I class it as unsustainable but at the moment it's fine. Once I'm happy ill being breakfast back but it won't be 50g of carbs (cereal). More likely fruit and nuts.

When you think I was eating a massive bowl of porridge at 6am every day that's like 350g of carbs a week I've dropped. Then similar at 9pm that I've cut out and will keep out. Then I've gone to black coffee and no milk as no cereal. These things alone have made a huge difference.

Training on empty is no bother for me. I have a drink of BCAA and maybe a coffee and that's it. First rep 6.35am pretty much.

I have muesli or porridge every morning with flax seed and fruit. Not sure i could change that. Except at the weekend when it's usually eggs.

Then i have a banana mid morning and usually train around midday. I was well impressed with my mate's results on the AF programme but it just seems to contradict everything that seems normal to me. I eat low carb later in the day and on non training days. But most days I absolutely lap up the complex carbs first thing. Just seems the most logical time to eat them as it gives you slow release energy plus you have all day to burn it off.

Well on a training days I eat a 250g bag of white rice with 350g or so of chicken breast. So it's not all low carb. At the min I'm on 2200 cals on training days and 1800 on none. All very roughly. Training days are just those i so weights btw, not cardio only.

There is an article i read about training on empty ill dig out later.