Shocking

LeazesMag

Story I've been told tonight.

Apparently, a major firm [who shall be nameless for obvious reasons] told an employee who turned up for work with a poppy to remove it because it offended the majority immigrant/muslim workforce

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lie I've been told tonight.

Apparently, a major firm [who shall be nameless for obvious reasons] told an employee who turned up for work with a poppy to remove it because it offended the majority immigrant/muslim workforce

FYP

The Early Learning Centre have been taking the pigs out of their farmyard toys to avoid offending the Jews and Muslims though Leazes....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11765420

:lol:

This is exactly why we need to torture some sense into them. Plastic moulded pigs are a British birthright.

The farmyard set also includes a barn, tractor and trailer - which all belong to Farmer Shepherd and his wife, Mrs Shepherd.

The Amish are fucking livid.

I take it by these responses that certain people who have posted here agree that being told to remove a poppy - and what it signifies - is all good and proper in this "multicultural Britain" ....

Supposing it's true, it's wrong. Personally though, I find politicians wearing poppies to Remembrance Day services whilst sending troops to fight in frankly ridiculous foreign conflicts, all the while subsidising the UK arms industry whilst cutting public services to be more offensive.

I often wonder why there's always people willing to make a nothing out of truly offensive stuff like burning poppies, etc but if someone upsets an extremist they feel the need to bow down to how bad this county is. Personally my stance is if people don't like this county they should fuck off elsewhere more to their liking.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

I often wonder why there's always people willing to make a nothing out of truly offensive stuff like burning poppies, etc but if someone upsets an extremist they feel the need to bow down to how bad this county is. Personally my stance is if people don't like this county they should fuck off elsewhere more to their liking.

Who's actually saying burning poppies is ok whilst at the same time arguing Muslim extremists shouldn't be allowed to be upset like?

Well if you don't like it...

Well if you don't like it...

:lol: Lincs is a bit dull :D

exactly.

I find bowing to these cretins who want to ban the poppy is truly offensive and insulting to every single person and the families of everyone who gave their lives in 2 world wars. The whole lot of them are showing their true colours and ought to fuck off. If anything brings to the forefront the folly of this "multiculturism" idealistic crap, its this and the heckling of our troops on British soil by the same shower of wankers, who are allowed to get away with it with the blessing of the namby pamby mob.

Quite unbelievable.

Here we go again. Arguing with nobody about something that didn't happen.

I said it did, and it did.

Go back to work. Fucking dullard.

Aye course it did you stupid old twat. Get back in your foxhole and watch for turbans on the horizon.

Would be shocking if true. You got a link to this being highlighted? It would be in the news. Or is this just a "he said she said"?

BTW, the pig thing is shocking. I have that set for my bairn. Wonder if I can go and demand my pig?

Would be shocking if true. You got a link to this being highlighted? It would be in the news. Or is this just a "he said she said"?

BTW, the pig thing is shocking. I have that set for my bairn. Wonder if I can go and demand my pig?

maybe it should be in the news. If I was the person concerned, it would be.

Aye course it did you stupid old twat. Get back in your foxhole and watch for turbans on the horizon.

God. You're a prick. I said it did and it did.

You can request your pig. It says so at the end of the story.

It's not the least bit shocking though. A privately owned company made the cost cutting decision to remove a character in a toy rather than having to construct different sets for different territories.

If Brits complained about a Korean kitchen set that was being sold here with dogs you could put in the oven, that Korean company might take similar action to protect it's international image.

There's no political agenda to it whatsoever. Just a cultural obstacle the company have to tackle in pursuit of profit.

Edited by Happy Face