Easter in Oz

The Fish

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will need £1500 if you want to go from Newcastle

Flying from London... because I'm cool.

Still looking at £1200ish for a return flight and an internal flight to Sydney unless you fancy flying Korean airlines and spending 24 hours in Seoul on the way

You will need £1500 if you want to go from Newcastle

Flying from London... because I'm cool.

Still looking at £1200ish for a return flight and an internal flight to Sydney unless you fancy flying Korean airlines and spending 24 hours in Seoul on the way

Quantas are quoting £943 with an hour stop in Singapore on the outward bound and a 5 hour stop in Melbourne on the way back.

So I'm sure I can get it cheaper elsewhere, right?

Who with? Most of the flights to OZ are on expensive carriers Qantas/Emirates etc.

Cheapest I could find was £880 from London on Korean airways with an overnight stop in Korea, add on the internal flight and my guess wont be far off.

Trust me though, get a decent flight with a decent entertainment package/food/comfy chairs or after 10 hours you will be ready to slit your wrists.

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Who with? Most of the flights to OZ are on expensive carriers Qantas/Emirates etc.

Cheapest I could find was £880 from London on Korean airways with an overnight stop in Korea, add on the internal flight and my guess wont be far off.

Trust me though, get a decent flight with a decent entertainment package/food/comfy chairs or after 10 hours you will be ready to slit your wrists.

It's with Quantas. I'm guessing the "walkabout" package is their economy and I'm not massively keen on a 19 hour flight with my knees poking my eyes out, but I'm not willing to pay the £5k they were quoting for their business package.

Just asking if anyone knew of a cheaper way to do it?

i dunno....two nyquil + two G&T = blissful coach fare travel

i dunno....two nyquil + two G&T = DVT

It's with Quantas. I'm guessing the "walkabout" package is their economy and I'm not massively keen on a 19 hour flight with my knees poking my eyes out, but I can't afford to pay the £5k they were quoting for their business package.

Just asking if anyone knew of a cheaper way to do it?

Come on Fish, I know the way you put it sounded better, but FYP :lol:

I can say Singapore airlines are very good, even if you have to go to Singapore. And I also recommend staying overnight at the halfway point of the journey. Otherwise you'd be totally monged for ages in Oz.

Cheers, William, but that's kind of the plan :lol:

Would Switching carriers not mean more cost? If I use Quantas for all parts of the journey they're quoting £943. Surely if I flew with Singapore airlines to Oz, then used an internal carrier it would ramp up the cost?

Get an appointment with STA Travel, mate. People think they're just for students and people in their early twenties but they aren't.

They got me a canny deal on Australia a couple of years back and have just done it again for a trip I'm taking to America.

Get an appointment with STA Travel, mate. People think they're just for students and people in their early twenties but they aren't.

They got me a canny deal on Australia a couple of years back and have just done it again for a trip I'm taking to America.

:lol:

Domo Harigato, Mr Wubblo

Seriously Dave try Royal Brunei. Don't expect to buy alcohol but they are doing London Perth return for just over 700 quid.

But they don't fly out of Sydney, so you'd need to get to Melbourne or Brisbane. http://www.bruneiair.com/

Also do you really need to go to Perth? Or the east coast if Perth is a done deal?

It would be a hell of a lot cheaper if you don't need to go from one side of the country to the other.

Edited by sammynb

Seriously Dave try Royal Brunei. Don't expect to buy alcohol but they are doing London Perth return for just over 700 quid.

But they don't fly out of Sydney, so you'd need to get to Melbourne or Brisbane. http://www.bruneiair.com/

Also do you really need to go to Perth? Or the east coast if Perth is a done deal?

It would be a hell of a lot cheaper if you don't need to go from one side of the country to the other.

Yeah I have to do Perth.

What the drive like between Sydney and Melbourne, is it worth stopping over in Melbourne?

My dad was suggesting, rather than London to Perth to Sydney to London, I should do a "round the world" and go Ldn-Pth-Syd-LA-Ldn

accommodation isn't an issue, it's only really travel and spending costs I need.