Looks like no williamson or colo

loonyTOON

The guy sat in front of them is the more significant piece in the jigsaw iyam. Tiote back with Campbell behind you would like to think would be a capable unit, particularly if you were ever going to have to bring in a youngster too during a player suspension 'crisis'. The opposition may be too strong anyway in some fixtures but lets try and have faith in the lads pulling the shirt on for us.

Not that im defending either of them, but what happened to the FA not being unable to charge anything cos the ref didnt see it? wasnt that what happened when dejong almost killed ben arfa?

The ref did not see it. So the FA can charge retrospectively.

If the Ref did see it and give a foul or a yellow or nothing that would have stood.

Thankfully one of the few positions where we have a bit of cover.

Aye not many teams in the bottom half could replace Colo and Willo with Saylor and Sol.

As much as it pains me, Taylor is a good player and is better than a few premiership teams put out as first 11

Even Kadar is decent in the centre back role.

Forgot about him! Him and Campbell would be a good partnership.

Good idea, I would be willing to give Kadar a go under Campbell.

Even Kadar is decent in the centre back role.

Forgot about him! Him and Campbell would be a good partnership.

Good idea, I would be willing to give Kadar a go under Campbell.

I would too but I'd prefer to use Taylor while he's still here. Both him and Campbell probably won't next season like so we need to be preparing for that.

Aye not many teams in the bottom half could replace Colo and Willo with Saylor and Sol.

Good point. In fact I'm trying to think of who else other than us.

You get my point.

Chelsea don't even have another CB bar Invanovic.

You get my point.

Chelsea don't even have another CB bar Invanovic.

Just pulling yer leg mate. ;)

I'm hoping either Taylor or Sol cement a spot given their opportunity, to provide some legitimate muscle to compliment Collocini's set-up play out of the back.

Williamson has been punching well above his weight, as was the case with Andy O'brien. He doesn't have the pace/athleticism & strength needed to provide the necessary balance to that partnership, to be Collocini's foil or an all-out defensive stopper. Taylor or Sol are best equipped, to fit that role.

O'brien is the player i most liken Williamson to - a distinctly limited player in terms of attributes, who plays within hi limitations. Alarm bells should've have been ringing [with SBR] when Roberts torched O'brien for strength & pace nearly a decade ago. Ten years on, and the warning sirens should again be singing [albeit for a different manager] after the same forward beat Williamson in a contested contest, a little too easily for my liking.

Joke that that is considered violent conduct imo. It was a foul, aye, but I reckon the ref would've booked him if he'd seen it. Also, how much worse stuff goes unpunished most weeks?

Joke that that is considered violent conduct imo. It was a foul, aye, but I reckon the ref would've booked him if he'd seen it. Also, how much worse stuff goes unpunished most weeks?

I know it's bitter and petty but I wouldn't mind seeing an email campaign to the BBC/Sky highlighting other clubs "crimes" ever week.

I don't have a problem with really nasty stuff being dealt with if missed but things like this are small beer imo - but it shouldn't just be us done.