Man Utd's Anderson a Toon target

loonyTOON

Absolutely no chance. He'll be a top notcher one day. He played for a team in Brazil when he was 17 in the play off final to the top flight 0-0 in the last minute going to pens, his team had 3 sent off 8 v 11, picked up the ball from the keeper beat the entire team took it round the keeper and his team went up. He'll be top notch soon enough, no chance would he come here.

Edited by WDP

Wants out and has been shit by all accounts.

From the small amount I saw of Porto back in the day, he seemed to be an attacking left sided player-Fergie seems to be tying to turn him into a more combatitive player.

I'd take him though in the hopes he could reproduce any of that.

Was injured loads last year iirc. Would be an ideal loan signing like. Can't see this happening either way though.

Aye a loan deal in January would be a good bet rather than a transfer.

Is this the same "No Chance" that everyone was talking about with Ben Arfa?

No it's the same no chance everyone was talking about when Freddy Shepherd met Ronaldinho's agent in Paris to discuss a move here.

Is this the same "No Chance" that everyone was talking about with Ben Arfa?

What would you say are the chances of him signing then? I think it's unlikely. The Ben Arfa thing was largely down to him having his heart set on a move here as well.

In my book one of the very, very few exceptions to the general rule that you should never buy a player off Man Utd. Isn't a club instituition (Butt) and isn't tried and failed amongst top colleagues (Smith). His injury record is a bit of a worry, but if there was any truth in the rumour I would like to see us go in and make him a respectable offer. I think he'd be at least tempted by the fact he'd be given more responsibilities straight away (he'd make himself pivotal quite quickly) and also by Hughton (quite frankly).

Unlikely, but if there was a remote chance I'd like to see the club go for it. He's football first and there's fewer committed players on the park most weekends of the season and that's the sort of player I think we need to continue to look to bring here.

Agree mancmag he's class, but there's no point in getting our hopes up, and people forget he went there for £19m, doubt Ashley would be prepared to pay more than 10s.

This is their song for him to the tune of agadoo:

anderson son son

he's better than kleberson

anderson son son

our midfield magician

on his left on his right

to the samba beat tonite

he is class with a brass

and he shits on fabregas

Agree mancmag he's class, but there's no point in getting our hopes up, and people forget he went there for £19m, doubt Ashley would be prepared to pay more than 10s.

This is their song for him to the tune of agadoo:

anderson son son

he's better than kleberson

anderson son son

our midfield magician

on his left on his right

to the samba beat tonite

he is class with a brass

and he shits on fabregas

Aye, no I know he went there for mega money (in terms of transfer fee) and they're the last club to be giving players away now what with having to service the debt, but if it's only PK that are also in for him, that'll be what sets the tone for any transfer fee negotiations and I don't think they're amongst Europe's top spenders so we might have a chance there. Also I reckon in our favour I think he realises he's tailor made for the English game, physically. I'd question why anyone with any ambition would want to play in Greece too aside from their European games.

Big big if though and tbh if he was listed I can't imagine it'd just be us and PK in for him so what I've said would probably be academic. More to the point if there is any truth to the rumour he's unsettled, I think Fergie will be puling out all the stops to keep hold of him prior to January and that'll be the far more telling thing. Was reading how you rated him (above) and tbh from everything I've ever heard from Fergie he thinks exactly the same.

From the small amount I saw of Porto back in the day, he seemed to be an attacking left sided player-Fergie seems to be tying to turn him into a more combatitive player.

Spot on.

Spot on.

And rightly so tbh. Players were bouncing off him in his first season here, they couldn't cope with him physically and how often can you say that in the Prem about players in their teens/just turned twenty? They're usually weak as water. Rooney being the notable exception.

If we pulled this off IF big IF, I think it would be imperative to sign a Portuguese or Brazilian too. You look how happy the Spanish speakers are they all love it because they're close pals all live in the same street, I'm a big believer in bringing people with the same mother tongue in. They're so happy here one of the best left backs in Europe seems content to play the rest of his career at the toon.

If we pulled this off IF big IF, I think it would be imperative to sign a Portuguese or Brazilian too. You look how happy the Spanish speakers are they all love it because they're close pals all live in the same street, I'm a big believer in bringing people with the same mother tongue in. They're so happy here one of the best left backs in Europe seems content to play the rest of his career at the toon.

Lots of similarities between Spanish aand Portugese. The last Brazillian we had here was hardly a world beater, nor the last Portugese one.

I don't like Anderson at all, seems like a raging tosser, but that would change if we signed him. ;)

Chances of this happening fairly close to zero

They're probably sub-zero. He looks and feels a bit like a Spurs player.

yeah but how many midfielders do they need? maybe we can have some of their rejects

Chances of this happening fairly close to zero

They're probably sub-zero. He looks and feels a bit like a Spurs player.

yeah but how many midfielders do they need? maybe we can have some of their rejects

There's no chance of Anderson coming here and I'm the most optimistic deluded toon fan you'll meet. Krancjar on the other hand could be a real possibility, I'd be delighted too.