Andy Murray

LeazesMag

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definite shift of power away from the federa/nadal to the djokovic/murrey era

On the hardcourt anyway. Besides, Rafael Nadal hasn't had the chance to prove otherwise.

Is/was Rafa a doper?...is he suffering for it now?...

I don't believe it. His game is all power, his joints had to give way sooner or later - I told me dad he'd have all these injuries 4 years ago when he was top of the world. There it is now for all to see.

I don't believe it. His game is all power, his joints had to give way sooner or later - I told me dad he'd have all these injuries 4 years ago when he was top of the world. There it is now for all to see.

why exactly?

why exactly?

He's ran himself into the ground. Compared to the other top players, he could never get half as many cheap points as them which means he ran himself ragged. Running yourself ragged on clay is all right because the surface is soft, but playing the same way on hard court means extra strain on your ankles and knees and sooner or later something must give. Unfortunately for him it has.

Until (and if) Nadal gets back, Federer and Murray will likely to continue to knacker each other out in the Slam semi's and have to meet a more rested Djokovic in finals, and Djokovic is more than enough to handle without any rest advantage etc.

Who'd you rather face in a semi:

Murray, Federer or Tsonga + bonus extra days rest thrown in when you win

Until (and if) Nadal gets back, Federer and Murray will likely to continue to knacker each other out in the Slam semi's and have to meet a more rested Djokovic in finals, and Djokovic is more than enough to handle without any rest advantage etc.

Who'd you rather face in a semi:

Murray, Federer or Tsonga + bonus extra days rest thrown in when you win

Why are Murray and Federer more likely to meet in the semis than other combinations?

Seeding doesn't work like that - meaning 2nd doesn't always meet third seed in the SF's. They could be in opposite ends, a computer sorts that out.

The highest seed a 1st seed can/will meet in a semi is the 4th seed.

Didn't Djokovic beat Nadal in five this time last year, 48 hours after beating Murray in five?

Possibly, that's what I meant about "is more than enough to handle without any rest advantage".

He is by some stretch "the best" and doesn't need any help, but because he's unlikely to hit anyone who can take him to five sets (without Nadal) he's sitting pretty for the forseeable. Even then he'll remain a monster to beat.