West Bromwich Albion Vs. Newcastle United

loonyTOON

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and that Guthrie injury/turn over/goal assist. He's actually injured. That's possibly the most embarrassing thing to happen on the pitch for us since Bowyer and Dyer swung handbags.

Embarrasing why? If he's injured there's not much he could've done about it, is there?

Never fear Alan Smith is here!

Poor Routledge being subbed out. IMO he's put in the effort that loads of other haven't.

:lol: That's what I said, get in Smith on to save the day :) Fuck me. As I've said loads of times Guthrie isn't a Premiership footballer, never will be, but he wasn't the only one who was shit. If Hughton comes out with his usual "I can't fault the lads effort and commitment level today" bollocks am ganna kick me telly in.

Edited by WDP

Tiote is starting to get found out tbh

Fuck off. Carroll will never make a Championship striker too never mind Premiership, oh aye and Cacapa makes Bobby Moore look like Darren Bradshaw.

...and that Guthrie injury/turn over/goal assist. He's actually injured. That's possibly the most embarrassing thing to happen on the pitch for us since Bowyer and Dyer swung handbags.

Embarrasing why? If he's injured there's not much he could've done about it, is there?

Embarrassing because he injured himself by kicking the ground with no other player directly involved. As a result of kicking the ground he turned the ball over and they scored.

Not pleased Mr. Fish, not pleased at all :lol:

From Shola's first touch of the ball it seemed pretty obvious we weren't going to win this game.

Only good thing was that they didn't score more than three.

Very depressing to watch, I've tried to find a supportive suicide club but I can't find any members.

Our strength down the wings was like a diluted glass of Bulmers.

We look a completely different side from the one that was able to win games a few weeks ago. Yes we're missing a few key players, but that's no excuse, we simply didn't work hard enough today.

It's relegation form without a doubt.

We couldn't have been any more flat from the get go.

Fuck off. Carroll will never make a Championship striker too never mind Premiership, oh aye and Cacapa makes Bobby Moore look like Darren Bradshaw.

Darren McDonough tbh

Tiote was once again good defensively, useless offensively. But then he's not an offensive midfielder by trade. Guthrie on the other hand is, and was woeful.

Routledge was anonymous for the most of the match and Gutierrez perhaps put more effort in than any other player but was found out more often than not. Aside from a half decent cross he had no end product yet again.

worst performance of the season. we've conceded too many points to too many clubs you expect to be around us in the league. it's all very well winning the odd big game against an arsenal or chelsea but we have to improve against the average teams if we're not going to struggle.

Not sure what game you were watching, but I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

Tiote likes to play the simple ball, I've never seen him lump it forward. So when he has no options he's not being "found out", but let down by his team mates.

Embarrassing because he injured himself by kicking the ground with no other player directly involved. As a result of kicking the ground he turned the ball over and they scored.

Hardly embarrasing. Unfortunate, especially if its a bad injury.

Embarrassing is Campbell standing watching the third goal because he is to old and far too slow to compete at this level.

Darren McDonough tbh

He was a midfielder though.

hopefully this nosedive in form will show ashley that he has to invest in january. he can't gamble again on this players being good enough to keep us up. we're crying out for more creativity in centre mid and some genuine pace and attacking threat up front

Not sure what game you were watching, but I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

Tiote likes to play the simple ball, I've never seen him lump it forward. So when he has no options he's not being "found out", but let down by his team mates.

same. one of the few not to tarnish his reputation i thought.

it's all very well winning the odd big game against an arsenal or chelsea but we have to improve against the average teams if we're not going to struggle.

I'm wondering if it's something psychological. And whether Hughton and his staff - and the captains - are not doing their jobs well enough to sort out this inconsistent attitude towards matches.

Tiote was once again good defensively, useless offensively. But then he's not an offensive midfielder by trade. Guthrie on the other hand is, and was woeful.

Routledge was anonymous for the most of the match and Gutierrez perhaps put more effort in than any other player but was found out more often than not. Aside from a half decent cross he had no end product yet again.

It wasn't that he was useless offensively, he just didn't go forward can't remember Makelele making lung busting 50 yard dribbles for Chelsea neither and that's what Chick is there for, but I don't see why it's worth mentioning that seeing as what he did do ensured he was our best player, rightly mentioned by Alan Parry, which is saying fuck all though. I don't know why anyone has any issues with Tiote when there were so many genuinely shit performances from others.

Darren McDonough tbh

So is Tiote?

My only issue is with his turning on the spot which is getting more easily read tbf

Edited by Sima

Darren McDonough tbh

So is Tiote?

Aye but Bobby Moore wasn't.

It wasn't that he was useless offensively, he just didn't go forward can't remember Makelele making lung busting 50 yard dribbles for Chelsea neither and that's what Chick is there for, but I don't see why it's worth mentioning that seeing as what he did do ensured he was our best player, rightly mentioned by Alan Parry, which is saying fuck all though. I don't know why anyone has any issues with Tiote when there were so many genuinely shit performances from others.

I don't have any issues with Tiote, I only mentioned him because he was brought up and because I wanted to comment on all of our midfield.

He went forward a few times, nothing major. Just because he's a DM doesn't mean he can't produce some attacking threat, either way.

Darren McDonough tbh

So is Tiote?

My only issue is with his turning on the spot which is getting more easily read tbf

Easier to read and how many times does he lose it? Not many at all. Gary Speed used to lose the ball 15-20 times a game, and he was classed as a "great" looking back.

Hardly embarrasing. Unfortunate, especially if its a bad injury.

Embarrassing is Campbell standing watching the third goal because he is to old and far too slow to compete at this level.

Completely odd to even be discussing this, but it's like a boxer knocking himself out with an uppercut. In my book it's embarrassing when a professional football player kicks the ground when trying to control a ball when no other player was involved. He didn't slip, he just kicked the ground, like someone who trips over their own foot while walking. The incident itself was embarrassing enough but to then have the opposition stroll in pickup the ball quickly counter and score is insult to injury.

What is unfortunate is that Guthrie played today.

Unfortunate for him that he was given a chance for the second week in a row to play in his preferred position and absolutely muffed it.

If it leads to a goal against us him attempting to be turn and being cheaply dispossessed just once is too many.

Which has already happened.

The kids a beast but sometimes he needs to know when to make the pass.