The football trivia thread

Mac-Toon

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quickest from the first whistle or quickest successive goals after the first goal?

Succession of goals. They were scored within a 9 minute period

Edited by Mac-Toon

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Who scored the quickest ever Champions League hat-trick?

There's another amazing question about the answer to this but I've forgotten it?

Blackburn v Rosenborg Newell 4-1 at half time

Who scored the quickest ever Champions League hat-trick?

There's another amazing question about the answer to this but I've forgotten it?

Blackburn v Rosenborg Newell 4-1 at half time

Aye. Scored them between 30 - 40minutes.

I did think that if it is him it's not really a trick question, unless he signed first for them but wasn't the first to play for them or something like that, as I know he only played a handful of games for Liverpool.

It is a trick question: the answer is the boxing world champion Joe Louis.

He was stationed near merseyside during the war, and 'signed' for liverpool as a PR / morale thing in 1944. He trained with them to keep his fitness up but never actually played.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Which centre-half scored a hat-trick against Newcastle with each goal coming against a different goalkeeper?

Alvin Martin

Which centre-half scored a hat-trick against Newcastle with each goal coming against a different goalkeeper?

Alvin Martin

Any danger of you not knowing anything? :nah:

tbf that one was piss easy to anyone over the age of 30. That match still haunts me :lol:

Alvin Martin

tbf that one was piss easy to anyone over the age of 30. That match still haunts me :lol:

Pedro went in for the last didn't he?

Alvin Martin

Yep. Got one before Stevie!

Alvin Martin

Aye. Martin Thomas was in first, then Chris Hedworth and finally Pedro.

40311_452849160780_624950780_6746821_5628825_n.jpg

8-1 I think. We got one I'm sure.

To this day though (not that it matters at all) does anyone know why the best and smallest outfield player ended up in net? :nah:

I do know he's meant to be a class 5-a-side keeper and likes playing in goal for a laugh, although that obviously doesn't help when it comes to 11-a-side, when you're that size, as SLP will testify to :lol:

Which player was sent off for booting Lawrenson in the face, then shat in his bag just for the craic?

The same man made his teammates play with 10 men as he was apparantly finishing his pint. He turned up 10 minutes in, stumbled about pissed for 75 minutes before banging in the winner in a 1-0 result. Tremendous, tbf.