Daily Mail: David Bentley to sign

Tooj

i reckon he'd walk into the side

bentley----tiote-----barton------ben arfa

is a pretty balanced midfield tbf.

Barton doesn't look anywhere near the player he does wide right though.

he's been good out wide but he was decent in the middle earlier in the season too. i've been impressed with him the way he's turned it around after doing nowt with us for three seasons. thought he was finished.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------Harper

Simpson----Williamson--Colo--Enrique

Bentley----Barton-----Tiote----Ben Arfa

------------------Nolan

----------------------Carroll

Prettay pppretttayyy good

Not a bad shout and id be very happy with that. Nolan and his quick feet and fox like instincys are something no-one else in the team gives us like him.

--------------------Harper

Simpson----Williamson--Colo--Enrique

Bentley----Barton-----Tiote----Ben Arfa

------------------Nolan

----------------------Carroll

Prettay pppretttayyy good

thats a pretty tasty line up right there!

Aye test my ITK like but he's supposed to be announced tomorrow.

Fully prepared to suffer a Baines like.

:icon_lol: you haven't predicted it as confidently as stevie did so doubt it'll come back to haunt you in the same way. i hope you're itk's on the right track

Can I just ask how many ITK's do I need to get right (I'm on 7 noo which is 4 more than any cunt else on here), before the ghost of Baines is exocised?

You know what they say mate, you shag one sheep...

:icon_lol: you haven't predicted it as confidently as stevie did so doubt it'll come back to haunt you in the same way. i hope you're itk's on the right track

Can I just ask how many ITK's do I need to get right (I'm on 7 noo which is 4 more than any cunt else on here), before the ghost of Baines is exocised?

You know what they say mate, you shag one sheep...

Go on...?

ITK but there's a rumour that we're in for Arteta £7 mill being touted.

:icon_lol:

Would be nice, I'd have him over Bentley, but tbh no chance.

I hope Bentley & Keane both end up at Brum. I don't think either would improve our squad that drastically, they'll cost too much in fees and wages and if we did sign them it would mean doing business with that twat Redknapp.

I don't want them :icon_lol:

Bentley is a good shout but it's definitely a see it before I believe it signing. His wages wouldn't be that bad, as I'd say Tottenham signed his before their wage ceiling was obliterated. Plus we can't be held captive to wage limitations forever because of Smith and the likes. Certainly our wages are substantially lower than when we went down in 2008.

Why hasn't he played at all for Spurs though?

Played the entire second half of last season due to Lennon injury,

Tottenham wouldn't have captured 4th without him.

Could be said that he's the best player Newcastle could possibly sign to get the most out of Carroll.

Santa Cruz had it easy at Blackburn with Bentley providing the crosses. 26 assists in Bentley's two last seasons there.

Routledge have very little impact on the game, if Bentley is an option he'd definitely strenghten the side.

A lot of valid points there, enough to support my initial thought that what he offers as a player is fantastic for us. Also his wages, which are obviously very relevant to how the club is being run, would not be a problem. The only negative is he is a southerner with a proper cockney accent, but has played in the the north with Blackburn. Either way still a cockney to fit in with the rest of the gang.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

According to the mirror you will. :icon_lol:

Nar he won't Bainesgate will be fresh in peoples memories in 10 years time :icon_lol:

Rather have Seba Larsson tbh. Linked today.

take both perhaps. if we can afford it of course. bentley can play both flanks.

Both are Arsenal rejects as I recall. Bentley went to Blackburn, then Larsson to Birmingham, initially on loan then made permenent.