Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
You've misunderstood my point.

Did I?

I thought I covered that by basically questioning how their "judgement" leads to a defeat given the points I raised.

I accept that if thats how they really feel they shouldnt just say the opposite. But they should may be consider whether their judgement is indeed good or whether its less based on judgement and more a pesamistic outlook.

Can no cunt spell on here?

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I?

I thought I covered that by basically questioning how their "judgement" leads to a defeat given the points I raised.

I accept that if thats how they really feel they shouldnt just say the opposite. But they should may be consider whether their judgement is indeed good or whether its less based on judgement and more a pesamistic outlook.

Or perhaps someone who has supposedly 'seen it all before', had loads of season tickets and still, by their own admission, expects us to win 99% of the time is the one who should consider whether their judgement is indeed good. Just a thought like.

Edited by alex

defeatist attitude on here during derby week is fucking bollocks.

I don't understand it when people say stuff like this. If you're actually making a conscious decision to appear optimistic, against your better judgement, it actually means you think we're not going to win but you're saying we will anyway. How does that work? Not saying that's what you are doing but it's the attitude you appear to be asking others to adopt.

Definitely not a concious decision, but 99% of the time I expect that we will get a win. Maybe thats just being optimistic but I would rather that than be in Stevies position of going to my first ever away Derby at the SOL and expecting to get beat.

We have already beaten them 5-1 and both teams ,not just us, had a shitty fa cup. Both teams cant field their strongest team and their players and crowd will be nervous / aware of Octobers humiliation.

So how "a better judgement" suddenly turns the likely outcome into a an expected defeat is strange to me.

Do you think I want to be in that position you fuckin nob. If you read my posts before games 90% of the time I'm bubbly and optimistic, but I've been watching football too long to think it's going to be anything other than a very rough ride on Sunday. I said we'd score 5 or 6 in the last derby, but it's not happening on Sunday, I'll be ecstatic if we avoid defeat.

First of all I wasnt having a pop at you, just commenting that I would rather be looking for forward to the game / result rather than dreading it.

Btw I dont know how many predictions you make in a football thread, but your prediction at home to sunderland was 2-0. Fair enough if you want to suggest a few scorelines though, hopefully you can make a better one for this game rather than your current 3-0 or 4-0 defeat.

Chin up. :lol:

Did I?

Or perhaps someone who has supposedly 'seen it all before', had loads of season tickets and still, by their own admission, expects us to win 99% of the time is the one who should consider whether their judgement is indeed good. Just a thought like.

:lol: I would never claim to have good judgement, but everythings shiny in my bubble.

I don't understand it when people say stuff like this. If you're actually making a conscious decision to appear optimistic, against your better judgement, it actually means you think we're not going to win but you're saying we will anyway. How does that work? Not saying that's what you are doing but it's the attitude you appear to be asking others to adopt.

Definitely not a concious decision, but 99% of the time I expect that we will get a win. Maybe thats just being optimistic but I would rather that than be in Stevies position of going to my first ever away Derby at the SOL and expecting to get beat.

We have already beaten them 5-1 and both teams ,not just us, had a shitty fa cup. Both teams cant field their strongest team and their players and crowd will be nervous / aware of Octobers humiliation.

So how "a better judgement" suddenly turns the likely outcome into a an expected defeat is strange to me.

Do you think I want to be in that position you fuckin nob. If you read my posts before games 90% of the time I'm bubbly and optimistic, but I've been watching football too long to think it's going to be anything other than a very rough ride on Sunday. I said we'd score 5 or 6 in the last derby, but it's not happening on Sunday, I'll be ecstatic if we avoid defeat.

First of all I wasnt having a pop at you, just commenting that I would rather be looking for forward to the game / result rather than dreading it.

Btw I dont know how many predictions you make in a football thread, but your prediction at home to sunderland was 2-0. Fair enough if you want to suggest a few scorelines though, hopefully you can make a better one for this game rather than your current 3-0 or 4-0 defeat.

6 fuckin 1 actually. Look I'd love to predict a win, but I'm not a fuckin idiot, predicting a win it would be like Magma predicting he'll be UK muscle man 2011, that's how unrealistic it is. I'm a realist, if Smith plays put your taxi on Sunderland -1 @ 5/1. There ye are. Nailed on.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

6 fuckin 1 actually. Look I'd love to predict a win, but I'm not a fuckin idiot, predicting a win it would be like Magma predicting he'll be UK muscle man 2011, that's how unrealistic it is. I'm a realist, if Smith plays put your taxi on Sunderland -1 @ 5/1. There ye are. Nailed on.

2-0 actually. Page 4, match thread.

So you're saying I didn't say 6-1?

Put it this way James I think we have a 10 times better chance of beating Sunderland than I did of beating Villa. I think there'll be a really, really mad score in this game, just a feeling, 6-1 I just have a feeling it's going to be a mad old day. OB should've made it 4pm it would've been even better.

So you're saying I didn't say 6-1?

Not at all :rolleyes: Im saying that you first prediction in the official match thread was 2-0

tbh, I dont know how many stabs you had at it. :razz:

Edited by Christmas Tree

We have the 5th best away record in the league this year so we travel well. For me I'm hoping there key players totally bottle it again and perhaps we could spring a shock. For better for worse, Pardew is keeping our available players under wraps.

ALAN PARDEW has admitted he is braced for an “explosive” encounter in the Tyne-Wear derby at the Stadium of Light.

Pardew takes charge of his first powder-keg derby clash as Toon boss and does not need to be told the significance of the encounter as he looks to bounce back from the Magpies’ dreadful FA Cup exit at Stevenage.

Ruud Gullit infamously downplayed the derby in 1999 before losing his job and local bragging rights in a 2-1 defeat at St James’ Park after unforgivably leaving out strikers Alan Shearer and Duncan Ferguson.

In 2008, Joe Kinnear became the first United manager to lose a derby on Wearside for 28 years before trying to shrug off a defeat which eventually contributed to the club’s relegation.

Pardew was quick to acknowledge the passion of the Toon Army when appointed and the club’s fanatical support has so far lived up to his expectations in his first few games in charge.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “It is certainly the biggest game I will have as Newcastle United manager this season.

“I have seen many Tyne-Wear derbies before and I know what they are – explosive.

“I have played in London derbies, and last year I was at Southampton when we played Portsmouth for the first time in a few years. That was quite ferocious.

“However, I know that this will be on a much, much larger scale than that. I am sure of that.

“I am looking forward to it and I know the players are and they are determined to bounce back from the weekend and get a result.”

United players were back at the club’s Benton HQ yesterday after being handed time to recuperate after the loss at Stevenage and the gruelling festive programme which included four Premier League games in nine days.

Pardew will definitely be without Cheik Tiote after an appeal by Newcastle to overturn a three-match ban was turned down by the FA following his red card against Stevenage.

Although the FA Cup exit was a demoralising one for the Toon Army, Pardew has assured fans confidence has not been affected by the shock result.

He added: “My view is we go there confident with our Premier League form and rested after a few days off.

“Everybody has rested up and hopefully most of the lads are back. That is the most important thing.”

Pardew is assessing the chances of Andy Carroll, Shola Ameobi, Jonas Gutierrez and Steven Taylor ahead of the derby.

However, the manager was due to take a closer look at the fitness of Dan Gosling and Danny Guthrie today in a friendly with Colin Calderwood’s Hibernian.

With Tiote out, either of the pair will come into contention if they prove their fitness today.

Pardew says: “My aim this week is to get the best team available together and make sure we put in a show like we did against West Ham.”

Chronny

Nice write up about it and the history on nufc.com

Finished with .com after the Hughton debacle. I may go back with my tail between my legs in the close season.

Have barely read it of late but what was their take on the Hughton carry on?

In my eyes they showed a complete lack of respect or acknowledgment of the success that Hughton brought back to our club. He showed dignity and courage all the way through his tenure and I just felt they wanted to draw a line under him immediately and move on. Any positives they did make in that article was then countered by another point regarding his press techniques etc.

If Jose Enrique is available then I feel we have a real shout. If not, then am afraid I can see us losing. With Enrique on the field, we do play more to the feet than when he's absent. The main attack is down the left, a few passes with Jonas and trys to push forward. If he's away, its play the long ball as there is no real attacking threat from the wings.

However, I think he will play and think it will be 5-2 newcastle

If Jose Enrique is available then I feel we have a real shout. If not, then am afraid I can see us losing. With Enrique on the field, we do play more to the feet than when he's absent. The main attack is down the left, a few passes with Jonas and trys to push forward. If he's away, its play the long ball as there is no real attacking threat from the wings.

However, I think he will play and think it will be 5-2 newcastle

Back in training yesterday and has 4 days to fully recover so it would be a massive suprise if he's missing.

In my eyes they showed a complete lack of respect or acknowledgment of the success that Hughton brought back to our club. He showed dignity and courage all the way through his tenure and I just felt they wanted to draw a line under him immediately and move on. Any positives they did make in that article was then countered by another point regarding his press techniques etc.

They seem to wallow in being very smug, but miserable, twats so I'm not surprised.

Having said that, I do think the site is very informative and the time they put in is to be commended. Which leads me to Enrique and his possibly being replaced by Perch. According to .com Kadar has gone on a month's loan to Huddersfield and made his debut at...left back :lol:

OptaJoe Opta Sports

6 - Sunderland have seen only six different players score in the Premier League this season, fewer than any other team. Condensed.

JINXING IT LIKE

Nice write up about it and the history on nufc.com

Finished with .com after the Hughton debacle. I may go back with my tail between my legs in the close season.

Have barely read it of late but what was their take on the Hughton carry on?

Similar to mine - nice bloke but not important in the context of Ashley running the club.

OptaJoe Opta Sports

6 - Sunderland have seen only six different players score in the Premier League this season, fewer than any other team. Condensed.

JINXING IT LIKE

Aye it is like. Think of all the players who never ever fuckin score in their careers yet do for Sunderland against us. Carteron, Higginbotham and Mickea Grayuh spring to mind.