Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I mean is that Tiote is important and would/will be on sunday. It's just we've got other players who score goals and create them. Tiote holds up the midfield ver well and may be the difference between a draw and a savage beating when it comes to defending, but if Carroll's fit, Barton decides to bother this weekend and Nolan does his thing then you can't really hang everything on Cheik.

I'm not quite doing that but there's more to his game than defending though. He's box to box and all over the place but he also provides the base which allows Nolan, Barton etc. the freedom to get forward.

Very good points and I agree for the most part about his effectiveness but it's lads like Tom and such who thinks we're totally fucked if Tiote doesn't play. We're fucked either way, personally

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
This is getting daft now, Stevie.

:lol: It is. Honestly I have radge connections with people sometimes.

Very good points and I agree for the most part about his effectiveness but it's lads like Tom and such who thinks we're totally fucked if Tiote doesn't play. We're fucked either way, personally

It's not so much the absence of Tiote it's also his replacements. I have no faith in Smith or Guthrie not to be a liability.

You know how confident I was of beating the mackems, and everyone was like aye pipe down, I said we'd annihilate them and we could win 6-1, told people to stop worrying etc.. Well I'm equally as convinced we'll lose 3 or 4-0 on Sunday, wish I could say something more positive, but I can see a lot of tears on Sunday. We're pish, even more so withoot Chick, the mackems will be in to us from the off after the 5-1, hope I'm wrong.

Normally I'd be buzzing but I'm not that bothered about watching it as I fear the worst. Tiote is that important to us, especially as Pardew seems to rate Smith.

without check controlling the game for us i reckon we are in for a rough ride. a fluky 2-2 draw for some reason for me.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
You know how confident I was of beating the mackems, and everyone was like aye pipe down, I said we'd annihilate them and we could win 6-1, told people to stop worrying etc.. Well I'm equally as convinced we'll lose 3 or 4-0 on Sunday, wish I could say something more positive, but I can see a lot of tears on Sunday. We're pish, even more so withoot Chick, the mackems will be in to us from the off after the 5-1, hope I'm wrong.

Normally I'd be buzzing but I'm not that bothered about watching it as I fear the worst. Tiote is that important to us, especially as Pardew seems to rate Smith.

without check controlling the game for us i reckon we are in for a rough ride. a fluky 2-2 draw for some reason for me.

I'LL STICK ME NECK OUT Sunderland 3 Newcastle 0 - if Tiote's not playing, Bent at least 2 goals.

Yeh at the moment Ferguson is too weak and doesn't have the pace to make up for it. He looks a decent enough player but I think the Ben Haim situation would rear it's ugly head again.

I think he could get some canny crosses in and nick us quite a few free kicks.

He would get the shit beat out of him on Sunday man.

What does that mean though Tom? If he's racing down the wing they either have to take him out or time their tackles to perfection. I think he's a bit tougher than you give him credit for.

If not him out there, who else can get crosses in from out there.

What does that mean though Tom? If he's racing down the wing they either have to take him out or time their tackles to perfection. I think he's a bit tougher than you give him credit for.

Have you ever played football CT? You can bully a player and effectively render him out of the game by giving him some stick within the rules.

A bigger, stronger player can give Ferguson a knock quite easily. I'm not saying Ferguson shouldn't be playing - just not in a game that can get nasty.

Have you ever played football CT? You can bully a player and effectively render him out of the game by giving him some stick within the rules.

A bigger, stronger player can give Ferguson a knock quite easily. I'm not saying Ferguson shouldn't be playing - just not in a game that can get nasty.

I thought he stood up ok to Ben Haim tbh.

He did aye, it's more about us being able to get the ball to him early though. Against Ben Haim he got early service because we absolutely bossed the middle of the park so when he got it the full-back was often isolated and he was allowed to run at him. We were also comfortably winning and he knew he could have a go at his man with impunity. He was also a fresh pair of legs up against a tired oppoent. The situation on Sunday won't be like that if you start with him.

It baffles me how a player who's made just 4 appearances for us is being held in such high regard. He's 19 year old. Shown very little so far to throw him into a derby.

You must be off ya fucking melt.

It baffles me how a player who's made just 4 appearances for us is being held in such high regard. He's 19 year old. Shown very little so far to throw him into a derby.

Cos we havent got anyone else. Who would you play there?

I wouldn't say he's shown very little as he looks quite decent but throwing him into the most intense* match of the season is daft.

*We were comfortably up at home and unless we silence them with a goal those scruffs will be mental.

He did aye, it's more about us being able to get the ball to him early though. Against Ben Haim he got early service because we absolutely bossed the middle of the park so when he got it the full-back was often isolated and he was allowed to run at him. We were also comfortably winning and he knew he could have a go at his man with impunity. He was also a fresh pair of legs up against a tired oppoent. The situation on Sunday won't be like that if you start with him.

I agree its not ideal, just dont like the alternatives.

And while Tiote is a massive loss, Barton and Nolan in the middle should be able to put up a decent fight.

I agree its not ideal, just dont like the alternatives.

And while Tiote is a massive loss, Barton and Nolan in the middle should be able to put up a decent fight.

I totally take that point, as I said earlier he's probably a better option there than Barton or Guthrie. Just a baptism of fire really and not ideal at all.

Jonas hasn't actually been ruled out yet, btw. I'd play him.

Agreed, for all his faults he can carry the ball and relieve some of the pressure on the defence.

Me too, if possible and it would allow the option of bringing Ferguson on if need be.

I wouldn't say he's shown very little as he looks quite decent but throwing him into the most intense* match of the season is daft.

*We were comfortably up at home and unless we silence them with a goal those scruffs will be mental.

Of course he's shown very little. He's made 4 appearances for us. So, we've seen very little from him. He looks like he'll make a player but it's far too early to put him into the first 11 away at the land of the undead.

Agreed, for all his faults he can carry the ball and relieve some of the pressure on the defence.

Good with his back to goal when receiving the ball too, i.e. he can get the ball under pressure and hang onto it.