Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle

Anorthernsoul

Its a pity Alan Pardew doesnt have Twitter. Carroll was on there saying he feels like he is going to be fine for the Sunderland match however in the Chronicle he says he hasnt spoke to him and doesnt know!

He could have kept up to date with Enriques injury against Spurs as well :lol:

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

You know how confident I was of beating the mackems, and everyone was like aye pipe down, I said we'd annihilate them and we could win 6-1, told people to stop worrying etc.. Well I'm equally as convinced we'll lose 3 or 4-0 on Sunday, wish I could say something more positive, but I can see a lot of tears on Sunday. We're pish, even more so withoot Chick, the mackems will be in to us from the off after the 5-1, hope I'm wrong.

Anyone know anywhere else in town showing it. I'm going lercal but someone was asking. I don't think she'll fancy Sam Jacks. PM me if you don't want to stick it on here. Thanks.

You know how confident I was of beating the mackems, and everyone was like aye pipe down, I said we'd annihilate them and we could win 6-1, told people to stop worrying etc.. Well I'm equally as convinced we'll lose 3 or 4-0 on Sunday, wish I could say something more positive, but I can see a lot of tears on Sunday. We're pish, even more so withoot Chick, the mackems will be in to us from the off after the 5-1, hope I'm wrong.

Normally I'd be buzzing but I'm not that bothered about watching it as I fear the worst. Tiote is that important to us, especially as Pardew seems to rate Smith.

Anyone know anywhere else in town showing it. I'm going lercal but someone was asking. I don't think she'll fancy Sam Jacks. PM me if you don't want to stick it on here. Thanks.

It;s on in the star, rafferty's and the marlboro.

Who is it like your lass?

It;s on in the star, rafferty's and the marlboro.

I'll let her know, ta.

Normally I'd be buzzing but I'm not that bothered about watching it as I fear the worst. Tiote is that important to us, especially as Pardew seems to rate Smith.

If Smith plays we could be looking at something for the mackems to brag about for 30 year.

Yeh, the two or so games we've had to play without have illustrated that clearly. Smith or Guthrie instantly put us on the back foot with their pure inability to pick out or pass or hold onto the ball. It's almost worth writing the game off without Tiote.

Plus I'm sure ''passionate local derby'' means ''a few shite tackles and an early bath, that'll make the fans happy'' to Smith.

No tears from me; Fully expecting to get beat. As long as it doesn't eclipse our victory in october I'll be fine.

Nothing to do with Tiote, mind. I like him but he's only one player. Bit silly some on here saying he's our only hope.

No tears from me; Fully expecting to get beat. As long as it doesn't eclipse our victory in october I'll be fine.

Nothing to do with Tiote, mind. I like him but he's only one player. Bit silly some on here saying he's our only hope.

He is very important though. He makes us tick. That and the replacements are shit. I'd be tempted to play just Nolan and Barton in the middle tbh as having Smith in is like playing with 10 men.

I'd say it's almost everything to do with Tiote when you look who's likely to replace him. When that peroxide hair tool plays, we have 10 men on the pitch that's a fact of life you all need to get used to.

Well it is isn't it? He galvanises the midfield and we can actually keep the ball. When he's not playing we leak possession and concede more goals. He lets the rest of the midfield do their job and gives the defence important support. Without him it's all long ball and we invite too much pressure on ourselves. 91% Pass completion at Wigan, 100% at Everton, I would be surprised if Smith hits 70%.

It's not that we are making excuses it's just that we haven't had a player as effective in the role in over a decade.

Great minds, eh? :lol:

Haha aye. Is it your lass who's watching the match in the toon. Why would she not like Sam Jacks? Doubt there'd be rippers on.

Haha aye. Is it your lass who's watching the match in the toon. Why would she not like Sam Jacks? Doubt there'd be rippers on.

No, it's a woman I work with.

No, it's a woman I work with.

The Garter have the Norwegian I think too.

I'm more concerned about who's going to play on the left. We can put Nolan and Barton in the centre (even though I think Barton has been best out on the right this season) but I doubt Pardew will play Ferguson (and I don't think starting him in a derby would be a good plan, 'tough' or not the lad has the physique of Giovani dos Santos/a fifteen-year-old girl). I suppose if we get Larsson in he can play on the right and we'll shift Routledge to the left.

I just hope Pardew has the sense not to try to play Barton wide left again as that was a disaster.

Yeh at the moment Ferguson is too weak and doesn't have the pace to make up for it. He looks a decent enough player but I think the Ben Haim situation would rear it's ugly head again.

What I mean is that Tiote is important and would/will be on sunday. It's just we've got other players who score goals and create them. Tiote holds up the midfield ver well and may be the difference between a draw and a savage beating when it comes to defending, but if Carroll's fit, Barton decides to bother this weekend and Nolan does his thing then you can't really hang everything on Cheik.

I think it would be hanging the young un out to dry starting him wide left against Sunderland like but I'd rather a genuine left-sided player there than someone like Barton or Guthrie so it's a tough one.

0-1 Barton to score. I'm quietly confident about sunday but we've got to get into them early like we did at Halloween. If we can score early they'll fucking shit themselves that we're going to do the double over them.

Hate derby day and love it at the same time. Their main threats obviously Bent and Gyan but if we can keep them quiet I reckon our midfield should have a bit too much guile for them.

Here's hoping. :lol:

What I mean is that Tiote is important and would/will be on sunday. It's just we've got other players who score goals and create them. Tiote holds up the midfield ver well and may be the difference between a draw and a savage beating when it comes to defending, but if Carroll's fit, Barton decides to bother this weekend and Nolan does his thing then you can't really hang everything on Cheik.

I'm not quite doing that but there's more to his game than defending though. He's box to box and all over the place but he also provides the base which allows Nolan, Barton etc. the freedom to get forward.

Tiote doesn't really do neither but he gives the other players the firmest of platforms to do so, unlike Alan Pish.