Routledge back to QPR on loan

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

SWP as I said is a big improvement of what we have and still young enough to recapture his old form. You can't ever play at the top of your powers when you're in and out the side every week, and that's been him largely for 5 years.

He's 30 in a few months.

Getting rid of Routledge is just stupid. He might not offer much end product but at least he stretches defenders. Good to have as a sub when they're tiring.

And furthermore, how in the fuck does Alan Smith manage to stay on on his wages yet a player on (you'd assume) a lot less who at least offers something gets moved on? Absolute joke.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for Routlegde-seems a good lad, and not a bad squad player/impact sub.

I got the impression he was genuinely happy to be given another shot at the PL with a top club.

I'm not knocking his attitude at all, he seems honest enough. Usually always beats the first man (for pace-essentally just sprinting) then fails to do anything with it after that (essentially when he's called upon to play football). Not his fault.

I feel bad for Routlegde-seems a good lad, and not a bad squad player/impact sub.

I got the impression he was genuinely happy to be given another shot at the PL with a top club.

:lol: When did he get that like?

i.e. not Fulham.

SWP as I said is a big improvement of what we have and still young enough to recapture his old form. You can't ever play at the top of your powers when you're in and out the side every week, and that's been him largely for 5 years.

He's 30 in a few months.

Getting rid of Routledge is just stupid. He might not offer much end product but at least he stretches defenders. Good to have as a sub when they're tiring.

And furthermore, how in the fuck does Alan Smith manage to stay on on his wages yet a player on (you'd assume) a lot less who at least offers something gets moved on? Absolute joke.

Precisely because he's on those wages and is fucking useless.

with better coaching/tactics/usage (of him as a player) routledge could be effective for us. as has been said he can beat a man, the problem lies in the fact he is shit at crossing.

beat a man and pull it back to someone (either to cross it or have a shot). dyer managed it

He's 30 in a few months.

Aye 28-32 your footballing peak.

with better coaching/tactics/usage (of him as a player) routledge could be effective for us. as has been said he can beat a man, the problem lies in the fact he is shit at crossing.

beat a man and pull it back to someone (either to cross it or have a shot). dyer managed it

His main virtue has already been stated elsewhere in this thread if you ask me. He stretches a game when he runs with it and can take the pressure off when others are tiring. That is a substitutes role at best though.

His main virtue has already been stated elsewhere in this thread if you ask me. He stretches a game when he runs with it and can take the pressure off when others are tiring. That is a substitutes role at best though.

Technically he's very good imo. When he was at his peak 5 years ago, it seemed every week he'd score a GOTS contender. Get him in.

I'm sure the club would love to shift Smith but it's not that simple.

He could have been off to Leeds but Pardew wanted him at the club as part of his master-fucking-plan.

I seriously doubt he actually did block any such transfer, or that it was on the cards anyway.

Technically he's very good imo. When he was at his peak 5 years ago, it seemed every week he'd score a GOTS contender. Get him in.

SWP? I was talking about Routledge.

SWP scored loads of class goals. He was a greedy little bastard like and missed a lot too :lol: he'd shoot on sight as soon as he cut in like Jamie Redknapp used to do (albeit from a central position). Redknapp's back catalogue of goals must be pretty impressive at the end of his career but for ever one he scored from range he ballooned about a dozen.

I think SWP would probably play the game a bit more in his mind now. No bad thing either.

He's 30 in a few months.

You've answered your own question there.

The Routledge move says to me that Pardew sees Gosling as back up to Barton, which is bizarre as he moved from Everton as he wanted to play in the middle.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that but it makes more sense. :lol:

I hope and pray and believe Smith will be at Leeds before Jan 31 you know. A lot of Leeds think it'll happen. I'd be as happy as I was when we got £9m for Jenas.

The Routledge move says to me that Pardew sees Gosling as back up to Barton, which is bizarre as he moved from Everton as he wanted to play in the middle.

Divvent say that man Skol. We've already signed SWP in my head ffs. :lol:

I hope and pray and believe Smith will be at Leeds before Jan 31 you know. A lot of Leeds think it'll happen. I'd be as happy as I was when we got £9m for Jenas.

Come on Stevie man, dont get us too excited! :lol: