Routledge back to QPR on loan

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't understand why people keep suggesting names for the right. It's Bartons position.

If it's too soon for ferguson then a left winger is more of a priority allowing Ben Arfa to either play in the middle with Tiote or up front.

We are getting to a lovely position of having an abundance of decent midfielders with Tiote, Nolan, gosling, Ben Arfa and Nolan if needed. Big enough problem fitting all them in and keeping them happy never mind the Guthries, smiths etc.

Also worth noting that the journal writer, Mark something tweeted that there will be a new transfer story in the paper this morning.

Can't understand why people keep suggesting names for the right. It's Bartons position.

If it's too soon for ferguson then a left winger is more of a priority allowing Ben Arfa to either play in the middle with Tiote or up front.

We are getting to a lovely position of having an abundance of decent midfielders with Tiote, Nolan, gosling, Ben Arfa and Nolan if needed. Big enough problem fitting all them in and keeping them happy never mind the Guthries, smiths etc.

Also worth noting that the journal writer, Mark something tweeted that there will be a new transfer story in the paper this morning.

why worry about keeping the smiths and guthries happy? they can both walk as far as i'm concerened.

if, as we anticipate, ben arfa plays off carroll then we are woefully short of quality in midfield. take tiote and barton out of the side and we look very ordinary. routledge's final ball lacks quality but him leaving has weakened a midfield already very short of players with pace that can dribble and take men on. getting rid and not replacing him is asking for trouble.

I don't think anyone is saying Routledge should get a game ahead of Barton, but Barton gets injured or suspended (and let's face it, the later is highly likely) then we're a bit thin on the ground to put someone out there. If I have to suffer the pain of watching Guthrie play out on the right one more time I will start taking hostages at the match.

I don't think anyone is saying Routledge should get a game ahead of Barton, but Barton gets injured or suspended (and let's face it, the later is highly likely) then we're a bit thin on the ground to put someone out there. If I have to suffer the pain of watching Guthrie play out on the right one more time I will start taking hostages at the match.

Also, and I know this is far-fetched, but imagine if say Barton got injured and Tiote was suspended :lol:

Looks like we could be getting swp

SHAUN Wright-Phillips is interested in signing for Newcastle United – and his wage demands will not torpedo a move, according to his agent.

United are one of four Premier League clubs in the hunt for the England winger, who would prefer a permanent move after falling out of favour of Manchester City. And his representative, Wayne Lindsay, admits the lure of St James’ Park is tempting for a player who would offer Newcastle genuine top-flight experience on either flank.

With Wayne Routledge set to clinch a season-long loan move to former club QPR today, United are confident of brokering a second January signing before Saturday’s game against Spurs.

And while senior sources at United insist they have other options, Wright-Phillips is definitely on Alan Pardew’s radar.

Competition for the player includes Fulham – with many reports claiming the club that matches Wright-Phillips’ £70,000-a-week wage packet will be the one that wins the battle for the 29-year-old. Lindsay, however, insists football rather than finance will dictate his decision.

He told The Journal: “I can confirm that Newcastle United are definitely an option that he does have. At the moment they're one of four options and it's really down to the player himself which club he decides to go to.

“I know what is being said but I don't see wages being a stumbling block if he goes to Newcastle. He's really just assessing what his opportunities and options are, and it'll be a decision taken for football reasons.

“Clearly it is well documented what his current situation (not playing regularly) is. The next move may well be a permanent one so it is important what he decides to do.

“There isn't really a timeline as such for his decision – it just needs to be done before the end of January.”

Would be a great option I think as he can play on either flank or off the striker. We've done well this season but we're somewhat held back by only really being effective when we play a certain way, i.e. 4-4-2 with Barton on the right. This move would give us different options. Those comments would back up what manc-mag was saying about his head being right and his primary concern being playing football.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

He was definitely here last week, outside the big three clubs and Spurs where else is a better option for him??? Unless there's a foreign club waiting for him.

Excellent piece of business if this is true. Shaun Wright-Phillips has plenty to offer and has been wanting to prove it for five years, five years he's been an outcast for silly money. Routledge is shite and always will be, Wright-Phillips has been injury free for so long now waiting to prove he can still make a difference, if this turns in our favour I'll be doing cartwheels.

not particularly ITK but the lad i was best man for was in a exec box at the leeds scunny game and beardo was there 'scouting' , Max Gradel I think he plays right wing and would fit the young with resale value etc. So nee chance of SWP but this one looks more likely

Snodgrass is Leeds' best attacking player. As for Routledge, shite he may be but I hope we get someone in who will go straight into the team to replace him because we are short of players.

Would be nice to get a fee for him in the summer, seeing as we haven't got one now.

He doesn't get into the team. Are you suggesting we drop Barton. I'm confused.

It's quite simple Einstein, if we sign a player for a fee, I would prefer him to be of a quality that would go straight into the team and improve the first 11 as there is a lot of scope in most positions for improvement.

not particularly ITK but the lad i was best man for was in a exec box at the leeds scunny game and beardo was there 'scouting' , Max Gradel I think he plays right wing and would fit the young with resale value etc. So nee chance of SWP but this one looks more likely

Snodgrass is Leeds' best attacking player. As for Routledge, shite he may be but I hope we get someone in who will go straight into the team to replace him because we are short of players.

Would be nice to get a fee for him in the summer, seeing as we haven't got one now.

It's quite simple Einstein, if we sign a player for a fee, I would prefer him to be of a quality that would go straight into the team and improve the first 11 as there is a lot of scope in most positions for improvement.

"Of a quality", backtracking then.

"Of a quality", backtracking then.

:lol:

Didn't we decide that we'd be best off signing him on loan?

Getting on in years and on the decline, his career may have been lengethened by not playing but then the gamble is we haven't seen him play regularly for so long does he still have what it takes to do it week in week out.

Perhaps a similar deal to Ben Arfa in that we take him on loan initially with the option to buy at the close of season if we deem him worthy then.

All said and done though I can't see Ashley approving wages anywhere near what he is getting now, so if he's on loan City will have to make up the difference so they'll only let him go to the place that pays the most...