Toontastic 1997

Christmas Tree

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good memories here :huh:

The merger was never going to work. HTT had his idea of how things were going to go and basically didn't care what anyone else thought. Even though he's gone after he went mental and posted Pud's details (ah, Hitzfeldgate :angry: ) some of his ideas, like the ridiculous moderating and having one thread and one thread only for topics, still remain. I can remember getting a message from Ritchie saying that everyone was buggering off. It upset HTT quite a bit if I remember correctly.

That said N-O is decent for news as there is always some unemployable mouthbreather sitting on the board with Sky Sports News on in the background. If something breaks you'll find out about it there but don't hang around to listen to anyone's opinions. The vast majority of posters are morons. While we may not be as quick on the uptake over here the craic is better and you don't have to argue the toss with a 14 year old New Zealander who thinks the Robledo Brothers were a 70s latino pop band. I still prefer Skunkers to both this site and N-O. I prefer the banter over there but I wouldn't really class it as a football message board.

Oh, and number 36 :(

who are you on skunkers ? Must admit, its a shite board, but the lads I know are good lads. It should be the best football board for NUFC going tbh, because the lads I know are older and have followed the club longer, but they just choose to make skunkers full of the crap that it does. Having said that, I have had the same disagreements about the old board/new board on there as on here and NO, and also with a few people in real life, whatever that means.

I have to say like Leazes, I'd say you're the most famous Newcastle message board poster on the internet. You're like the Old Stevie Charlton of the toon net, but not as old. Everyone knows you.

eh ?

fucking hell.....

All the people on all the boards know who you are, you're pretty famous, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. The name LeazesMag is known around the toon net.

:lol: I haven't been in the Bodega for ages, at least on a match day. I actually wanted the username Leazesender, but it was taken by someone else who I now know well anyway.

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Fuckin Hobbies :lol: Hobbies :huh:

Not Hobbies, man. Hobbes. As in Calvin and Hobbes.

calvin_and_hobbes_hugging_comics_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_p.jpg

EDIT

Chez beat me to it.

I know, I look a bit silly now. I just thought who would call themselves Hobbies. Apologies for my completely failed and flawed piss take Renton.

Fuckin Hobbies :lol: Hobbies :huh:

Not Hobbies, man. Hobbes. As in Calvin and Hobbes.

calvin_and_hobbes_hugging_comics_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_p.jpg

EDIT

Chez beat me to it.

I know, I look a bit silly now. I just thought who would call themselves Hobbies. Apologies for my completely failed and flawed piss take Renton.

"tucked" :angry:

The merger was never going to work. HTT had his idea of how things were going to go and basically didn't care what anyone else thought. Even though he's gone after he went mental and posted Pud's details (ah, Hitzfeldgate :angry: ) some of his ideas, like the ridiculous moderating and having one thread and one thread only for topics, still remain. I can remember getting a message from Ritchie saying that everyone was buggering off. It upset HTT quite a bit if I remember correctly.

That said N-O is decent for news as there is always some unemployable mouthbreather sitting on the board with Sky Sports News on in the background. If something breaks you'll find out about it there but don't hang around to listen to anyone's opinions. The vast majority of posters are morons. While we may not be as quick on the uptake over here the craic is better and you don't have to argue the toss with a 14 year old New Zealander who thinks the Robledo Brothers were a 70s latino pop band. I still prefer Skunkers to both this site and N-O. I prefer the banter over there but I wouldn't really class it as a football message board.

who are you on skunkers ? Must admit, its a shite board, but the lads I know are good lads. It should be the best football board for NUFC going tbh, because the lads I know are older and have followed the club longer, but they just choose to make skunkers full of the crap that it does. Having said that, I have had the same disagreements about the old board/new board on there as on here and NO, and also with a few people in real life, whatever that means.

I have to say like Leazes, I'd say you're the most famous Newcastle message board poster on the internet. You're like the Old Stevie Charlton of the toon net, but not as old. Everyone knows you.

eh ?

fucking hell.....

All the people on all the boards know who you are, you're pretty famous, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. The name LeazesMag is known around the toon net.

:lol: I haven't been in the Bodega for ages, at least on a match day. I actually wanted the username Leazesender, but it was taken by someone else who I now know well anyway.

I'm not taking the piss or anything Steve, I'm just saying if you asked 100 toon fans to name someone on the net, I think you'd be most recognisable. I don't know what the Bodega reference is about.

Oh, and number 36 :rolleyes:

eh ?

fucking hell.....

I'm not taking the piss or anything Steve, I'm just saying if you asked 100 toon fans to name someone on the net, I think you'd be most recognisable. I don't know what the Bodega reference is about.

I didn't know what that reference was either. I agree Leazesmag is the most famous online Newcastle supporter though, he should get his own chant at the match. Might out him at the same time. :(

eh ?

fucking hell.....

I didn't know what that reference was either. I agree Leazesmag is the most famous online Newcastle supporter though, he should get his own chant at the match. Might out him at the same time. :(

He don't care about Ashley, he only loves Fat Freddy, all he cares about is NUFC :yes

eh ?

fucking hell.....

sorry Stevie, I just meant that the lads I know or the skunkers lads go to the bodega before games, along with some others, I was wondering if you meant you know people in real life or were talking about here on the boards.

It is probably because of my stance towards the old board etc but it isn't as if I'm the only one, there were a few others.

ManWithNoName on skunkers agrees with me [who I have also met a few times although a few years ago now]

eh ?

fucking hell.....

sorry Stevie, I just meant that the lads I know or the skunkers lads go to the bodega before games, along with some others, I was wondering if you meant you know people in real life or were talking about here on the boards.

It is probably because of my stance towards the old board etc but it isn't as if I'm the only one, there were a few others.

ManWithNoName on skunkers agrees with me [who I have also met a few times although a few years ago now]

I totally agree with your stance on most things regarding the politics of NUFC, I'm not as in love with FFS as you are, but I respect him overall up to 2004 as the best chairman we've ever had.

eh ?

fucking hell.....

I totally agree with your stance on most things regarding the politics of NUFC, I'm not as in love with FFS as you are, but I respect him overall up to 2004 as the best chairman we've ever had.

:( I just want the best for the club man, and thats all they were.

God this has been a trip down memory lane! I think I was a member of the very old Toontastic then Toonchat. I used HTT too, which I quite liked.

Stevie made a good point about early Toontastic feeling abit 'clicky' as alot of members knew each other and I for one just didnt feel part of it. Its far better in that respect now but I think I will always feel sort of like I'm outside looking in.

I havent been on NO for absolutely ages, I must have a look. I think Im a member, though maybe under my old name of Looneytoon which I used to use many years back on a Freeserve footballchat forum :lol: ( I have people from there on my FB who still remember me first as Looney :angry: ) Oh the memories. We all met in Newcastle one year, went to a match and out on the town that evening, great days. And the main group of us from back then remain friends to this day which I think is remarkable as we all live all over the country.

Is Skunkers still going? I used to post on there but you get so much grief for being a woman :huh: Couple good lads on there though I remember.

I'd go along with that. I got a link to this place to some thread from Paddocklad who I know from another forum which is dying on its arse. Can't remember what is was about now but was impressed with a lot of the posts in it so signed up but I definitely felt this place was a bit clicky, not sure that I'm now used to it or have become 'accepted' so don't notice it as much or if the place is still like this for posters newer than myself.

God this has been a trip down memory lane! I think I was a member of the very old Toontastic then Toonchat. I used HTT too, which I quite liked.

Stevie made a good point about early Toontastic feeling abit 'clicky' as alot of members knew each other and I for one just didnt feel part of it. Its far better in that respect now but I think I will always feel sort of like I'm outside looking in.

I havent been on NO for absolutely ages, I must have a look. I think Im a member, though maybe under my old name of Looneytoon which I used to use many years back on a Freeserve footballchat forum :lol: ( I have people from there on my FB who still remember me first as Looney :angry: ) Oh the memories. We all met in Newcastle one year, went to a match and out on the town that evening, great days. And the main group of us from back then remain friends to this day which I think is remarkable as we all live all over the country.

Is Skunkers still going? I used to post on there but you get so much grief for being a woman :huh: Couple good lads on there though I remember.

I'd go along with that. I got a link to this place to some thread from Paddocklad who I know from another forum which is dying on its arse. Can't remember what is was about now but was impressed with a lot of the posts in it so signed up but I definitely felt this place was a bit clicky, not sure that I'm now used to it or have become 'accepted' so don't notice it as much or if the place is still like this for posters newer than myself.

What one?

What one?

I'm not saying!!! :(

You're tolerated, just, as a favour to Paddocklad.

What one?

I'm not saying!!! :(

Why???? pm me

I havent been on NO for absolutely ages, I must have a look. I think Im a member, though maybe under my old name of Looneytoon which I used to use many years back on a Freeserve footballchat forum :lol: ( I have people from there on my FB who still remember me first as Looney :( ) Oh the memories. We all met in Newcastle one year, went to a match and out on the town that evening, great days. And the main group of us from back then remain friends to this day which I think is remarkable as we all live all over the country.

:rolleyes:

Cheers, Rents.

:angry:

Are you the one with the stained glass windows?

I havent been on NO for absolutely ages, I must have a look. I think Im a member, though maybe under my old name of Looneytoon which I used to use many years back on a Freeserve footballchat forum :lol: ( I have people from there on my FB who still remember me first as Looney :( ) Oh the memories. We all met in Newcastle one year, went to a match and out on the town that evening, great days. And the main group of us from back then remain friends to this day which I think is remarkable as we all live all over the country.

:rolleyes:

Cheers, Rents.

My toleration's wearing thin.

I need admin powers. :yes

I havent been on NO for absolutely ages, I must have a look. I think Im a member, though maybe under my old name of Looneytoon which I used to use many years back on a Freeserve footballchat forum :lol: ( I have people from there on my FB who still remember me first as Looney :rolleyes: ) Oh the memories. We all met in Newcastle one year, went to a match and out on the town that evening, great days. And the main group of us from back then remain friends to this day which I think is remarkable as we all live all over the country.

:yes

Cheers, Rents.

I need admin powers. :(

I'll take that as a 'yes'. :(

Funny place this with some good posters, to be fair.

I particularly like that Toughguy kid, the Man U one with the stand up comedy. He's good.

This seems to bethe board that glory glory seems to link to and vice versa when thereare issues affecting the two clubs etc.

Both full of gommels who know very little imo.

I would say 75% of this board either cant remember or werent "into football" before 1990 i would say.

I havent been on NO for absolutely ages, I must have a look. I think Im a member, though maybe under my old name of Looneytoon which I used to use many years back on a Freeserve footballchat forum :lol: ( I have people from there on my FB who still remember me first as Looney :rolleyes: ) Oh the memories. We all met in Newcastle one year, went to a match and out on the town that evening, great days. And the main group of us from back then remain friends to this day which I think is remarkable as we all live all over the country.

:yes

Cheers, Rents.

I need admin powers. :(

I'll take that as a 'yes'. :(

Funny place this with some good posters, to be fair.

I particularly like that Toughguy kid, the Man U one with the stand up comedy. He's good.

To be honest, it is a good place, what the place needed when I signed up were more working class people, no disrespect to people who were born in Hong Kong or the likes of Renton. You don't want charva's, but you want proper geordies to go alongside people who like debating fine art and dabble in stained glass windows. There's about 15/20 posters came in since 2007 who have given the place a happy balance in that respect. I would implement a few rule changes personally though. If someone is just a thick chavvy cunt, immediate ban, the equilibrium at the moment is good.

This seems to bethe board that glory glory seems to link to and vice versa when thereare issues affecting the two clubs etc.

Both full of gommels who know very little imo.

I would say 75% of this board either cant remember or werent "into football" before 1990 i would say.

I'd say a fair few weren't into football pre-1990 because they were too young. Not really their fault to be fair.