Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

Carroll never wanted to leave, he was forced out. A friend of mine is mates with his cousin, and Carroll told him he "begged" Ashley not to cash in on him.

Makes fuck all sense. If he doesnt want to go he has a contract which has to be upheld. Did the cousin say anything about his agent "insisting" on him listening to Liverpool's offer?

what would you do?

I'd have pretended to sell him to Liverpool and then when they sold Torres to Chelsea, phoned up NESV (mortal obviously) and gone 'WAHHHHH' and hoyed the phone down.

What about you?

:lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bid in for Zog. :unsure:

should have brought him back and kept Carroll.

In fact, announcing you have put a bid in for a player, playing for the club most unlikely as anybody to sell a player to NUFC in a moment of crisis, and expecting the supporters to believe it is anything more than an attempt to pacify thick idiotic supporters after the events of today, by a couple of the biggest wankers running a football club that you will find, must indeed be as thick as mince.

wait a moment, I'm sure some will actually believe this :lol:

Bawan, you cant be pushed out the door when you have a legal employment contract. I know that as a fact. If he didnt want to go, he didnt have to. Its called employment law and has been around for centuries.

Apart from that there is a million other things he could have done to kill the deal. Mad wage demands being the easiest one.

I don't think Carroll's been forced into putting a transfer request. I think that a month ago he wouldn't have dreamt that Liverpool would have tried to sign him. I think once he found out they were interested in him, he found out that he could double his wage, and all the rest of it, he very probably WANTED to go.

But I think the club have then said to his agent "He wants to go, we want the money. Just see if you can talk him into handing in a request for damage limitation purposes from our point of view."

And honestly it would be a piece of piss to talk him into it, I reckon.

You only have to read the order of events being played out in this thread to see that it was choreographed.

£35m bid rejected.

Transfer bid accepted.

£35m bid accepted.

In the space of 20 minutes. He wasn't forced into doing anything, but the claim that it was the transfer request that forced the deal through is a a fucking stitch-up man.

Fair post, I don't think "forced into it" was fundamentally what I meant.

Influenced by the club? Yes, I could see that.

Not for a minute do I honestly think he desperately wants to stay and is only going because he was somehow made to hand in a request.

Neither do I. I think he wanted to go. And honestly, I don't fucking blame him. He knows there's a ceiling on wages here, and that he'll have his work cut out negotiating contracts etc. And what's that? Fucking Liverpool will double my wage tomorrow?! (I wouldn't be surprised if they've more than doubled his money) And I get a cut of this fucking ludicrous transfer fee too?

You can't blame him for wanting to go man. We are going nowhere under this bloke. Don't forget it's only a month or two ago that these twats completely destabilised the club by sacking the manager for no good reason and replaced him with one that's mediocre at best.

If I was Andy Carroll's adviser, I couldn't do anything other than tell him to GTFO of Newcastle.

Agreed.

Bid in for Zog. :unsure:

should have brought him back and kept Carroll.

In fact, announcing you have put a bid in for a player, playing for the club most unlikely as anybody to sell a player to NUFC in a moment of crisis, and expecting the supporters to believe it is anything more than an attempt to pacify thick idiotic supporters after the events of today, by a couple of the biggest wankers running a football club that you will find, must indeed be as thick as mince.

wait a moment, I'm sure some will actually believe this :lol:

Typical MA to pick Wigan knowing as he does the hatred Whelan has for him. Must be his little in joke.

Cos we all would have turned down Liverpool on 80k a week :lol: Playing with Suarez and Gerrard or Smith and Shola?

He's a geordie playing for his home town club wearing number 9. That used to count for something. For the first time In ages I felt the club was moving in the right direction , but this has taken us back. Yes 35 mill is crazy money for Carroll but what's the point if you've no player to cover the loss. Look at Liverpool, lost Torres but replaced him. It's a fact Shola et al are NOT premiership strikers and IMO be a miracle if we stay up now. Carroll was that important.

oh dear

The lack of a replacement is not surprising really, just infuriating.

It's maddening. Nothing to soften the blow even slightly.

Can we stay up without him is what MA would have asked Pardew....

yup

so we'll sell him then

top transfers ever

1 Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United Real Madrid £80 €93.5[4] 2009 £80m

2 Zlatan Ibrahimović[5] Internazionale Barcelona £56.5 €66[6][7] 2009 £61m

3 Kaká Milan Real Madrid £56 €64 2009 £56m

4 Fernando Torres Liverpool Chelsea £49.5 €58 2011 £50m

5 Carlos Tévez Manchester United Manchester City £47[8] €54.9 2009 £47m

6 Zinedine Zidane Juventus Real Madrid £45 €75[9][10] 2001 £53m

7 Andy Carroll Newcastle United Liverpool £35[11] €40 2011 £35m

8 David Villa Valencia Barcelona £34.2[12] €40 2010 £34m

9 Hernán Crespo[13] Parma Lazio £35.5[14] €55 2000 £45m

10 Luís Figo Barcelona Real Madrid £37[15] €58.5 2000 £46m

When you look at it like that it is actually pretty good business.

Some right fucking cunts on here these days, mods not doing their jobs properly :lol:

All I know is, and it is a fact, AC didnt want to go. He was pushed out the door. But put your self in his position 22 year old who will more than treble his wages in one day and pocket about £5m. Money talks and Ashley and Liverpool have proved that today. Todays football is not about loyalty anymore, its about money, its about who has got the biggest house and the nicest car and lasses. Footballers are not footballers anymore, they are celebs.

At the end of the day I can understand why people are complaining, we have lost our best player and have no replacement coming in, but look on the bright side, would we have ever got that much for any other player? He is an unproven young lad, 91 games under his belt if am not mistaken. £35m I doubt anyone would turn an offer like that down.

Not having a pop at you Bawan but none of what you have posted supports the bit in bold.

Like I said later in that post, Money talks and money clearly won Carroll over at the end. The clubs fault in all ways, if they kept to their word, which these cunts in charge here dont, Carroll would have been a Newcastle United player to atleast the end of the season. If a club comes out and says repeatedly, the player is not for sale, then they decide to accept an offer for him they are indicating to the player that he is unwanted at the club and the money is much more preferred.

exactly. Money is the name of the game. Those who have harped on about being in favour of Mike Ashleys "cuts" etc and "the business" have been talking out of their arse. People in any walk of life will go where the money is. Why should footballers be any different ?

As for the transfer fee, its a lot of money, but winners take risks and gamble and spend the money, losers sell their best players to the gamblers. We are back where we used to be. We are losers.

On a side note, fancy being hated within your home town so much that you'll struggle to return there from that point onwards without getting grief should you decide to go out of an evening... knowing you're despised by people you grew up around who you'd have been able to class as friends... don't think I'd want to do that...

... well, not without getting a hefty amount of cash to compensate :lol:

thats a small mentality really though isn't it ? Does anybody really not understand why Carroll has gone ? It isn't as if we are talking about Steve Bruce ?

They've made enquiries and we've told them no. Im sure we'll do the same again.

We'll see. We'd be rejecting offers now anyway, whether we intend on keeping him or not. The time to get smug about rejected offers is 1st Feb, cos then we'll know that we weren't just holding out for a bigger offer on the last day of the window.

Is that the same time the humble pie gets eaten......I doubt it.

Humble pie about what? Nobody wants him sold, but people are rightly concerned. Why do you have to try and lord it over people and insist they eat humble pie?

When I say that the time to be smug is on Feb 1, that's not strictly true. What I should say is that while the rest of us choose to be relieved that we kept our best player, knowing what you're like, you won't be able to stop crowing about how you predicted it all and acting the smug prick. And a better time for THAT would be Feb 1st. Although tbh there's never a good time for that sort of shit.

So Im smug for being pleased we've YET AGAIN, turned down an offer, but others in this thread who claim the deals being done all along shouldnt eat humble pie on 1st Feb..

What utter fucking TOSH.

ASM is right, come 1st Feb, the usual nay sayers will be spouting about how the clubs just waiting til the summer to get more money.....and so it goes on.

TIT

CT, you're a fuckin pleb man, not so much as Skidders like, but you are talking about selling Carroll in January/August etc, you are talking about WHEN Carroll will be sold.

Mate, nothing is as sure as this club will, eventually, lose Carroll and Enrique to one of the top clubs attempting to win the trophies and play in europe, and they will be happy to leave when the penny drops when they realise they have to make this move for their career ambitions.

Do you want to know what will help convince them to stay, and build on this "platform he has started" ? Its quite simple man, all Mike Ashley has to do is buy a couple of quality players like Carroll and Enrique to show them that THIS club is trying to go places, this will also correctly bring about a u-turn in attitudes among supporters of the club towards him and his ambitions for the club.

It's THAT simple man.

Tiote? Ben Arfa? :lol:

exactly and not too expensive either.

so do you think it is possible to put together a team to consistently play in europe and/or the Champions League rummaging around the basement transfer market ?

I wouldnt say Tiote nor Barfa were basement bargains...far from it. Clever business.

You can assemble a quality squad without spending alot of money if you have a quality scouting network in place and then know how to manage them.

That isn't what I asked.

And Tiote and Ben Arfa were relatively cheapish buys in todays market.

Exactly.

Ben Arfa was nearing the end of his contract [heading into his final 12 months], and his disciplinary issues with OM probably devalued his true market value at the time when he effectively talked himself out other feasible options [permanent transfers] were avilable, when Ashley was lurking in the background with a loan offer [minus a concrete 'to buy' figure set in the loan contract] which amounted to Venus Fly Trap [with all the bargaining power in Ashley's court] in waiting.

And Tiote is one of those 'chancer' & inexpensive type of signings, a player in development whose attributes [physical attributes & his reading of the play] have made for an immediate impact in the physical & fast paced nature of the top flight. The most comparible signing in the premiership era would be Viera: a peripheral figure at his former club [Milan], but like Tiote made added steel to Wenger's overall football philosophy re. their outfield play, and hence a pivotal signing. Credit goes to the scouting department in this case, but they don't always come off ie. Guppy & Huckerby under KK. It's still an extremely hit & miss transfer policy, to rely on 'chancer' signings.

Tiote & Ben Arfa are gifts. We've been the beneficiaries of a combination of good scouting and a volatile/ugly 'player vs club & manager' situation. Players of this ability don't consistently drop into your lap, for next to peanuts in today's market at a highly consistent rate. Even Arsenal/Wenger hunt down & ultimately are prepared to fork out the going rate for those youngsters deemed to be in the top echelon of the talent pool, this why talk of Ashley trying to emulate 'the Arsenal Model' is offensive.

But the sort of signings we should be aiming for, you have be prepared to go that extra yard. Instead trolling around for mid-late 20's players in the lower leagues a kid like Delph [identified by KK], under a lengthy contract at Leeds, was exactly the type of emerging & dominating talent we should be trying to sign from the lower divisions. The prospect of a shaft type of move [where a compensation via tribunal ruling was out of the question] wasn't a feasible option. Instead Ashley/Dekka tabled an offer which brought about a reportedly colorful response from Bates.

Under the previous regime such signings [ie Jenas] were completed with the upmost of professionalism............ or in the case of Delph [as KK suggested] did Ashley & Dekka purposely underbid for a player in their attempts to push the manager to the periphery of the squad's building plans. Either way it's embarrasing running of the club.

common sense which still escapes some people, it would appear.

Todays news is gutting and absolutely no surprise at all, tbh

Gutting yes.......... and some some of us unfortunately predicted that if there was a large enough cushion between ourselves and the drop zone [by the end of the window: if enough points were accumulated over the busy Xmas/New Years - January fixture period] the gambler that is Ashley would take a punt for the double cash windfall ie. cash upfront for Carroll & premiership survival.

Unsurprisingly livid best describes my feelings & mood at the moment.

Edited by Year Zero

Andy Carroll will face backlash from 'angry' Newcastle fans

Big Al

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8542...-newcastle-fans

Alan Shearer believes Newcastle’s supporters will be in uproar at the club’s decision to sell striker Andy Carroll to Liverpool.

Carroll put the finishing touches to a big-money deal taking him to Anfield on Monday night, effectively as replacement for Chelsea-bound Fernando Torres.

Shearer recognised the offer for Carroll, thought to be around £35million, was difficult to turn down. But the Newcastle legend believes fans will nevertheless be fuming about the deal. ‘I think they’ll be angry. They’ll feel hard done by. He’s just recently signed a new contract,’ said the legendary No.9.

‘And after listening to Andy say he wants to stay at Newcastle, and listening to the chief executive and the owner and the manager saying he was going nowhere, I think they’ll be disappointed.

‘But from the club’s point of view, you’ve got to say that £35m, or whatever it is, is just a massive amount of money.

‘If you’re inside the football club you can see why they’ve had to accept that.’

Shearer was surprised by the deal, saying: ‘I think it’s an incredible amount of money for a guy that’s had half a season in the Premier League, albeit he’s done very well.

‘The potential is there, he’s now a full international, but it’s an incredible amount of money.’

Shearer suggested Carroll has ‘carried the team at times on his own’ at Newcastle this season, adding: ‘There’s no doubt they’ll miss him.’

The former England striker, who played under Reds manager Kenny Dalglish in Blackburn’s Premier League-winning team, believes the Scot will make the best of Carroll’s ability.

‘He’s going to a club that has to win trophies, is expected to win trophies,’ he added.

‘He’s going there with a great manager who I’m sure will get the very best out of him.’

he won't give a fuck, and quite right too. Small time parochial attitudes, why should he care ? There is only one winner here, and that is Liverpool. While we have signalled our intention to concede ourselves to be an inferior 2nd rate club again, they have signalled their intention to get back among the winners. If you want to win, you gamble and take chances.

top transfers ever

1 Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United Real Madrid £80 €93.5[4] 2009 £80m

2 Zlatan Ibrahimović[5] Internazionale Barcelona £56.5 €66[6][7] 2009 £61m

3 Kaká Milan Real Madrid £56 €64 2009 £56m

4 Fernando Torres Liverpool Chelsea £49.5 €58 2011 £50m

5 Carlos Tévez Manchester United Manchester City £47[8] €54.9 2009 £47m

6 Zinedine Zidane Juventus Real Madrid £45 €75[9][10] 2001 £53m

7 Andy Carroll Newcastle United Liverpool £35[11] €40 2011 £35m

8 David Villa Valencia Barcelona £34.2[12] €40 2010 £34m

9 Hernán Crespo[13] Parma Lazio £35.5[14] €55 2000 £45m

10 Luís Figo Barcelona Real Madrid £37[15] €58.5 2000 £46m

When you look at it like that it is actually pretty good business.

Since when was Tevez £47m?

Elia, Suarez & Carroll as Jan incomings.

A major upgrade on thair attacking options. A spearhead in the form of Carroll, and 1st rate technique & quickness with the former two.

From what i've seen of Suarez he reminds me of Bellamy a bit. He's creative and is repared to work the outside channels, quick & top marks for technique, and there's a genuine aggressive streak to him.

Carroll & Suarez: has the potential to rival the Bellamy/Shearer combination when they were at their best, and with Elia [a huge talent who has lost his way a bit over the last 12 months, who will drift in & shoot with power] providing ammunition from the left, their final 1/3 looks to have more left-right balance to it now. Torres [in the wake of Bellamy's departure in particualr] has been surrounded by too many grafters in the final 1/3, most notably Kuyt.

Edited by Year Zero

Big Al

Alan Shearer believes Newcastle’s supporters will be in uproar at the club’s decision to sell striker Andy Carroll to Liverpool.

Carroll put the finishing touches to a big-money deal taking him to Anfield on Monday night, effectively as replacement for Chelsea-bound Fernando Torres.

Shearer recognised the offer for Carroll, thought to be around £35million, was difficult to turn down. But the Newcastle legend believes fans will nevertheless be fuming about the deal. ‘I think they’ll be angry. They’ll feel hard done by. He’s just recently signed a new contract,’ said the legendary No.9.

‘And after listening to Andy say he wants to stay at Newcastle, and listening to the chief executive and the owner and the manager saying he was going nowhere, I think they’ll be disappointed.

‘But from the club’s point of view, you’ve got to say that £35m, or whatever it is, is just a massive amount of money.

‘If you’re inside the football club you can see why they’ve had to accept that.’

Shearer was surprised by the deal, saying: ‘I think it’s an incredible amount of money for a guy that’s had half a season in the Premier League, albeit he’s done very well.

‘The potential is there, he’s now a full international, but it’s an incredible amount of money.’

Shearer suggested Carroll has ‘carried the team at times on his own’ at Newcastle this season, adding: ‘There’s no doubt they’ll miss him.’

The former England striker, who played under Reds manager Kenny Dalglish in Blackburn’s Premier League-winning team, believes the Scot will make the best of Carroll’s ability.

‘He’s going to a club that has to win trophies, is expected to win trophies,’ he added.

‘He’s going there with a great manager who I’m sure will get the very best out of him.’

he won't give a fuck, and quite right too. Small time parochial attitudes, why should he care ? There is only one winner here, and that is Liverpool. While we have signalled our intention to concede ourselves to be an inferior 2nd rate club again, they have signalled their intention to get back among the winners. If you want to win, you gamble and take chances.

Liverpool have sold Torres to Chelsea - trust me they wont be celebrating. Buying a target man when they have sh*te wingers is a bad move for them.

They needed midfielders. Lucas is awful.

Big Al

Liverpool have sold Torres to Chelsea - trust me they wont be celebrating. Buying a target man when they have sh*te wingers is a bad move for them.

Elia's [an absolute flyer of a winger, who can drift inside and shoot with power] arrival dispels that one marketedly, and Suarez [very creative] looks at home doing the rounds out wide. As far as their left-right balance goes Elia as important a signing as Suarez [probably Carroll's creative foil]. Elia because of his signicantly smaller fee, [and when you factor his potential & the positive ramifications for their attacking structure] has slipped really under the radar.

Elia because of his signicantly smaller fee, [and when you factor his potential & the positive ramifications for their attacking structure] has slipped really under the radar.

Because he never actually joined them. I guess that little fact slipped under your radar.

edit; Wasn't linked to them at all other than the first week or so of the window, if I recall correctly. Even then it was probably just paper talk.

Edited by Tecato

Thought that deal was done & dusted, mid-window.

:lol:

To be fair if he had gone there they'd be a lot better off.

Torres is still a huge loss for them. No guarantees that Suarez will adapt, and Carroll will do well but hopefully not to the tune of £35m. I'd have an in form Torres over Suarez+Carroll for sure. Suarez and Torres could have been one special pairing.

Some right fucking cunts on here these days, mods not doing their jobs properly :lol:

All I know is, and it is a fact, AC didnt want to go. He was pushed out the door. But put your self in his position 22 year old who will more than treble his wages in one day and pocket about £5m. Money talks and Ashley and Liverpool have proved that today. Todays football is not about loyalty anymore, its about money, its about who has got the biggest house and the nicest car and lasses. Footballers are not footballers anymore, they are celebs.

At the end of the day I can understand why people are complaining, we have lost our best player and have no replacement coming in, but look on the bright side, would we have ever got that much for any other player? He is an unproven young lad, 91 games under his belt if am not mistaken. £35m I doubt anyone would turn an offer like that down.

Not having a pop at you Bawan but none of what you have posted supports the bit in bold.

Like I said later in that post, Money talks and money clearly won Carroll over at the end. The clubs fault in all ways, if they kept to their word, which these cunts in charge here dont, Carroll would have been a Newcastle United player to atleast the end of the season. If a club comes out and says repeatedly, the player is not for sale, then they decide to accept an offer for him they are indicating to the player that he is unwanted at the club and the money is much more preferred.

Indeed. But it doesn't remove the player's power to veto the move. If they'd accepted the bid from the likes of an oil-rich Quatar based club then would he still have been forced to go? Sounds like he flounced to me. A stupid and short-sighted decision. In years to come I hope he regrets the fact that he has now, in all likelihood, played his last game for NUFC.

I don't see how you can call this a stupid and short-sighted decision on Carroll's part. He is so much better off both financially and professionally this morning that it's not even funny. I bet there isn't a player that he's left behind at NUFC who isn't envious as fuck and not just at the size of his bank balance.

Once the deal was put in front of him, it was a no-brainer. The onus was on the club, if they wanted to keep him, to make sure that the deal didn't get put in front of him. I don't think he was "forced" to leave, but I think the club tried to talk him into rather than out of leaving.

Big Al

actually no. in brazil he used to play higher up the pitch, and was excellent at it. was a good creative player. nowadays the trainers at liverpool have trained his actual ability out of him... he's one dimensional and not good at the holding role.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Carroll never wanted to leave it's a sideways step at best, he's so fuckin thick he'll wake up tomorrow and think what the fuck is going on, what have I done, he's such a fuck up he's on my msn, I swear this is true, he pm'd me and asked me to get him a facebook code number off my phone cos he fuckin had lost his, on my life that is true he's a fuckin charva nobhead, he didn't want to leave, he'll be like a fish out of water. We wake up in the morning, we WILL stay up, but it sums this fuckin club up that there's never been a contingency plan for this, I'd have been delighted with Charlie but what a fuckin swizz, no cunt would accept a bid of £11.5m for their best player when they are threatened with relegation like Wigan are, when there's £50m at stake if they were relegated. Blackpool, the smallest club ever in Premiership history have knocked back 12s for the same reasons, if they can any cunt else can!?!? The fact is am sure yous have mentioned it the neet without looking, FUCKIN SMOKESCREEN, "ah whey at least we've had a gan", I hope no one is fooled. I'm all for this transfer fee on face value, this scummy propaganda, it could get even worse. I seriously think David Craig is on the pay roll, with his obsessive fuckin pish about how they've insisted we'll be big players in the summer.

Patently bollocks. While I'm not defending the move there is no denying that Liverpool are a bigger club than us. And a club who will be ahead of us for many years to come.

You live in Ireland, you are Irish, you will die in Ireland, you are not English, you are not geordie, you never will be, you will never live in England, and you will never live Newcastle or Liverpool. Your Irish roots emphasise your view on football without doubt you will class Rangers and Celtic as big clubs, however nufc.com sum it up.

The Reds currently occupy a smaller ground than us and are watched by smaller average crowds. Big club, my arse, as a well-known Scouser might say. Perhaps they just have more ambitious owners, who did due diligence...

Spot on.

You are a mug and I would like you to pipe down in your Belfast home.

this parochial attitude is very familiar to those of us from capital cities. the backwards, small town inferiority complex makes it very hard for you to view the world objectively. obviously plenty of the smarter people on this forum show how easy it is to break that stereotype, by virtue of strong logic skills, but it's not for everyone.

I think it's commendable that people of superior intelligence like ewerk give you the time to express yourself, where most of us just nod and smile. they appreciate that you at least try so hard, and you should be grateful for that.

it's not unusual for some of us more quotes.gifmodernquotes.gif types to have spent a lot of time and gained a lot of experience of far off lands, a half hour or more by plane! but it's very brave of you to have ventured as far off as the big smoke at your relative age, so you should be proud too.

What an absolute tool, I think it's commendable that I haven't blocked your posts till this point, as you consistently have very little to say, and my point still stands, and to be fair Ewerk almost agreed later on, the major difference between the clubs is ambition and where their owners clearly are prepared to put the club in the future, nothing to do with "SIZE".

Big Al

Utter pish, bit I've bolded.

Big Al

Mate, they'll still not come in the top 6 in my opinion. Their defence is rank, and so is their midfield when you take Gerrard away.