Are Newcastle a Big Club?

The Fish

Simply put, Leeds had one of the best teams I've seen.

Easy to say we are a bigger club providing you don't examine the trophy cabinet too closely.

What our 11 trophies to your 6.

We might have big crowds and a canny ground but everything else about the Toon is a joke.

Some of the drivel you come out with is the reason why other fans laugh at us.

Fred Truman couldn't have put it better himself.

Leeds won trophies. And in my lifetime. Who gives a fuck if we can only get 40,000? Bear in mind they have cricket and rugby, but so what? They won trophies.

FFS, Stevie thinks Derby are a bigger club. They are shite now, small crowds if that's your yardstick and haven't won what Leeds did. I'm not a Leeds supporter but be realistic.

Are Leeds bigger than us? Or have a more impressive history? No. Not if you want to consider the pre-war era. Boer war that is.

Get in! Leeds up.

No further questions your honour.

:)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
As for fuck all like us.

Tell that to Bob Moncur, John McGrath, Ollie Burton, Pat Howard. I can still hear Ernie Hunt screaming when John McNamee kicked him six feet high over the track.

FFS. Nowt like us.

Their fans are nowt like us I meant, and Newcastle's players never had a reputation of being twats. The Newcastle of the late 60's and early 70's was very much like a classic Newcastle team, lots of good attacking players but completely unpredictable. Supermac says it all the time we'd beat Liverpool 4-0 one week and lose 5-0 to Luton the next, look when we lost at Hereford, we went to Old Trafford 6 days later and won 2-0, but my point is we didn't have a rep for being dirty bastards like them.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

I used to have an admiration for Leeds like when I was a youngun in the early 70's. Partly because Don Revie used to live next door to us in Boldon and people were always going on about him (I dont remember him) and I suppose just for the likes of Joe Jordan, Lorimer etc.

Suppose its the same in most generations where you appreciate the quality players of the day.

I also think theres something special about Newcastle v Leeds. Not sure what it is, but is has that something that Boro just never came close too.

Can't see anything to admire about them even then to be honest. Kicked teams off the park, won trophies through intimidation, arsehole manager, arsehole players and even worse supporters with the worst racism record of any team in the UK. Anyone who's ever been to Elland Road knows exactly what they're like, and that is FUCK ALL LIKE US. They are bad cunts, I can only imagine what they were like in the 70's and early 80's.

Agree with all that, particularly the pieces placed on bold. And they [Revie] didn't have to place a heavy emphasis on those tactics. They had some cracking & skillful player on their books. It was Revies's shortcoming at international level, when such intimidatory tactics were no longer going to cut the mustard against outfits that one couldn't categorise as league minnows, teams who couldn't be outmuscled so easily.

But still, i had to admire the infrastructure laid down [at bricks & mortar level] by their board.

Edited by Year Zero

Truth be told, that's a load of shite propagated by the teams that Leeds beat. Particularly the soft shite down south who had their share of hard players as well. Just that their hard players couldn't play as well as Leeds hard men. Tackles used to fly in in those days and every team had a Tommy Smith and Newcastle had their share.

But, hey Stevie. Why let the facts disrupt your little world order.

By the way, Kenny Fucking Burns was one of the dirtiest twats going at Forest and Birmingham.

I hate this arguement. The definition changes depending on who is making the arguement. For me it's not black and white, yes or no. It's a sliding scale. Of course we are not one of the four biggest clubs in the country not by a long shot. I think there is a huge gap from the likes of Man Utd to us. But, I do think we are one of the top 6-7.

Or to put it another way, what would a frog know about football?

Aye Wenger could learn a thing or two from the Charles Hughes school of footballing thought eh?

Pathetic abuse, quite clearly Chez is as geordie as Bobby Thompson so why say he's frog, while you're as Yorkshire as beating up t'wife and t'kids.

There are 92 professional clubs in the Football leagues I believe. Considering we'd be named in the top 6 by the majority of the country that means WE ARE A BIG CLUB.

End of story. It's not just to do with the size of the ground, or history, it's how you are percieved by others and those in the game and we are percieved as a massive club.

There are 92 professional clubs in the Football leagues I believe. Considering we'd be named in the top 6 by the majority of the country that means WE ARE A BIG CLUB.

End of story. It's not just to do with the size of the ground, or history, it's how you are percieved by others and those in the game and we are percieved as a massive club.

I think fans of clubs like Villa, Everton, Tottenham, Leeds etc.. wouldn't put us up there imo, just how they are.

In my view:

Fanbase: 4th

Local fanbase: 2nd

Turnover: 6th

Media exposure: 4th

History: 7th

Attendances: 3rd

So pick what you like out of that.

I think fans of clubs like Villa, Everton, Tottenham, Leeds etc.. wouldn't put us up there imo, just how they are.

In my view:

I'm not good with mean, mode and medians but I'd make that us about 4th/5th.

I'd have ; 1st) Man Utd 2nd) Arsenal 3rd) Liverpool 4th) Chelsea 5th)Us alongside Spurs and Villa. I'd class us as bigger club than them but I'm generalising what other's would think.

In my view:

I'm not good with mean, mode and medians but I'd make that us about 4th/5th.

I'd have ; 1st) Man Utd 2nd) Arsenal 3rd) Liverpool 4th) Chelsea 5th)Us alongside Spurs and Villa. I'd class us as bigger club than them but I'm generalising what other's would think.

I think what Tottenham are doing is preprelling them to big club status, but I have never classed Aston Villa as big. They've won 14 domestic trophies (no one counts league cups), and 11 of them were in the 19th century. All this proud history bollocks, they were largely a nothing club throughout the 20th century, even playing in the third tier, they won an European trophy when small clubs like them and Ipswich did and could. Clubs wanting to be classed as big as us need to sell out more than 10 times in the last 8 years. I even regard Everton as bigger than Villa.

Anyone who thinks we're not a big club is either having a go, or knows absolutely nowt about football. There is no debate and that's the reality.

We are a GREAT club. Just like every other club in this country which makes up the tapestry of the game in English football. No place for MK Dons, I'm afraid, but Stockport County, Leighton Orient, Norwich City, Swansea City, Stoke, Everton, Walsall, Tranmere Rovers, Grimsby Town, Sunderland, Exeter City, Carlisle United, Sheffield Wednesday, Bradford City, West Bromwich Albion, Brighton and Hove Albion, Oxford United, Doncaster Rovers, Queens Park Rangers, Torquay United, Reading, Bolton Wanderers, Swindon Town etc etc etc are all GREAT clubs, whether they have won something over the last fifty years or not.

Yes we are!!!!!!!!!!

Yes we are!!!!!!!!!!

Oh fuck off you utter cunt. You honestly are a mug. A racist Yorkshire mug.

I think we can put this one to bed now, don't you? Bring a young kid through the system, young kid comes good, picks up England cap and looks like the real deal. Sell him in literally the first open transfer window that comes along. And we all KNOW we aren't gonna replace him with a player as good, never mind better.

Are we fuck a big club.

We should be. But we just aren't.

Guest Your Name Here

Talking about Carroll last week Pardew said ‘We have to have a big-club mentality and hold on to our best players’. Guess he doesn’t think we're a big club.

Edited by Your Name Here