Will Carroll flop at Liverpool?

Dr Gloom

I don't want to sound bitter or owt but there must be a good chance he doesn't succeed at Liverpool. Massive expectations on his shoulders that come with a massive fee - a lot to live up to for a young Geordie charver prone to getting up to trouble off the field living away from his hometown for the first time. Will he flop or succeed?

I don't want to sound bitter or owt but there must be a good chance he doesn't succeed at Liverpool. Massive expectations on his shoulders that come with a massive fee - a lot to live up to for a young Geordie charver prone to getting up to trouble off the field living away from his hometown for the first time. Will he flop or succeed?

That's the wildcard, along with the fact he's now being paid at the level of the "finished article" what's his motivation now ???

I think he will do well. Not as good as for us though because I dont think Liverpool suits him very much. Who is gonna feed him crosses? Maybe they will put gerrard on the right wing. I dont think he is worth 35m for that team, and I think their transfer might bite them.

I'd love it if he flopped and the scousers had pissed away £35m but i think he's going to do the business for them. Like one of the guys on ssn said, everytime something is thrown at him he steps it up, whether it be first run as a regular in championship, stepping up to prem level, then being hyped up so defenders are ready for him he still destroys them and finally England debut and he's the best England player on the pitch that night.

I do however suspect he may have injury problems on and off over the years, but in terms of playing, he'll do well and is there likely to be anyone better than him in the air in football as he reaches his peak?

Edited by Papa Lazaru

well I've just transferred him out of my dream team

so he'll probably do great now! no seriously though I think he did play out of his skin (100% effort both ends of the pitch) for us but can he really be as passionate as that for liverpool? nah he's gonna get into a bad crowd, ended up smacking the wrong girl and losing his knee caps :D

fuck him

Childish comments. You can't blame him for going to a club trying to win trophies. We were like that ourselves once, and if we still were, he would still be here.

Edited by LeazesMag

Childish comments. You can't blame him for going to a club trying to win trophies. We were like that ourselves once, and if we still were, he would still be here.

You still hold a grudge against Pedro for that wave man. :D

not a grudge, just that I view him as a yes man/turncoat/devious/liar etc etc

People who have met him say he is a good bloke, and I haven't, but these actions don't really put him in a favourable light.

I understood his reasons for going to Liverpool too Jonny, they are the same as Carrolls, but there is something very despicable about waving to the kop and denying you are going, then a few months later pulling on their red shirt.

People who have met him say he is a good bloke, and I haven't, but these actions don't really put him in a favourable light.

I understood his reasons for going to Liverpool too Jonny, they are the same as Carrolls, but there is something very despicable about waving to the kop and denying you are going, then a few months later pulling on their red shirt.

I know man. I was only jesting. :razz::lol:

His rimming of Ashley and co. doesn't put him in a favourable light in my eyes. Despite the fact he's my favourite Newcastle player of all time.

His rimming of Ashley and co. doesn't put him in a favourable light in my eyes. Despite the fact he's my favourite Newcastle player of all time.

yeah, great player. Don't forget he also was Keegans mate etc, and had been with him in the England managerial setup as well as Newcastle, when he rimmed Ashley, or is that part of your point ?

Guest Your Name Here

yeah, great player. Don't forget he also was Keegans mate etc, and had been with him in the England managerial setup as well as Newcastle, when he rimmed Ashley, or is that part of your point ?

This is the FMA for you, turns our heros (for want of a better word) into villains. Keegan, Given, Pedro, Carroll... even Alan Shearer's reputation suffered after his brief flirtation with project Ashley.