Clubs

Southern Geordie

Are clubs good?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reet, I'm having a discussion with my friend and she's trying to convince me to go out clubbing with her and her mates next week.

To be honest I've got nowt against clubbing but it's definitely not my cup of tea.. I've been to clubs before and you see shite loads of charver males trying it on with the girls that are in there despite the huge male to female ratio.

Flip the ratio around and I'd be more up for it.. but while it's a "cock fest" I don't think clubbing is my cup of tea.

I'd rather sit in the pub with my mates having a bit of banter, whereas in the clubs you can't hear what any bastid is saying!

I'll probably end up going but clubbing is very overrated IMO.. I mean the music they play is shite anyways!

Cue the "you're an old man" jokes.. but its the way I feel!

What are everybody elses views on clubbing?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are everybody elses views on clubbing?

5391[/snapback]

See both sides of what you saying there.

We generally do a pub, til about 12, then go to a night club, get the best of both worlds then. Theres never enough women though.

Well, i went clubbin last night and i have to say as a one off happening it was...erm...an experience! Loved the music n dancin etc but have to say you cant converse with peeps. Wouldnt do it more than once a month, but they arent too bad (fogey i know but pubs are much better in my opinion!) However you do see some sights in nightclubs,lmao.

I like going clubbing at Uni providing the music is good, I hate it if its dance/trance music, it just makes the night shit.

I very rarely go clubbing at home though, not many of my mates are in to it and we'd have a far better time at the pub.

Same as what other people have said, the problem with clubs is usually i find the music often is shite and thats important to me.

And as people said if its too loud to have a chat/laugh with your mates it isn't great either, can depend how pissed you are.

But friday/saturday in Newcastle has so little choice of clubs for people with any taste in music!

It's all down to indivdual preference but I've generally always had a better night out if I've been down a pub rather than a club.

I'd much rather sit down with a bunch of mates having a chat than being a window-less sweat-pit with music that loud that you can't hear yourself think and, as John put it, chavs on the pull...

You've gotta try it though just so you know if it's your thing or not..

The only thing that keeps me going back to clubs is the off chance I miss anything. Generally it's all good in the bars, even better if you get find one where you can get everyone sat down for a bit crack on.

The only thing that keeps me going back to clubs is the off chance I miss anything. Generally it's all good in the bars, even better if you get find one where you can get everyone sat down for a bit crack on.

5422[/snapback]

Aye but Hog, you come from Consett! :D

Is Butler's Bar still on Front Street? Same side as the Theatre but further down towards Safeways (I mean Morrisons)....?

Much rather be in a pub. When I go out I go out for the craic and for a bit of banter and pisstake. If the music's so loud that you have to get an earful of gob just to talk to someone it kinda takes the fun out of things.

And I don't dance, so clubbing's pretty much pointless. Oh and any blokes that do dance are gay-ay-ayyyyyyyyyyyy. :D

5422[/snapback]

Aye but Hog, you come from Consett! :blush:

Is Butler's Bar still on Front Street? Same side as the Theatre but further down towards Safeways (I mean Morrisons)....?

5439[/snapback]

After a quick consultation with me mam Butlers is now called Chaplains, but was called Churchills before that. Aye Consett is a funny one. Get plenty of people coming in for a night out. I remember talking to one bloke who'd come from as far as Wallsend with his mates.

To be fair its full of charvers. It's got a few nightclubs (4 I think, with possibly another opening up). But when it's summer those charvers don't mind putting on the short skirts and low cut tops :D

Much rather be in a pub.  When I go out I go out for the craic and for a bit of banter and pisstake.  If the music's so loud that you have to get an earful of gob just to talk to someone it kinda takes the fun out of things.

And I don't dance, so clubbing's pretty much pointless.  Oh and any blokes that do dance are gay-ay-ayyyyyyyyyyyy. :D

5443[/snapback]

Its only blokes who are good at dancing and actually really enjoy it that are gay :blush: The others are straight!

Much rather be in a pub.  When I go out I go out for the craic and for a bit of banter and pisstake.  If the music's so loud that you have to get an earful of gob just to talk to someone it kinda takes the fun out of things.

And I don't dance, so clubbing's pretty much pointless.  Oh and any blokes that do dance are gay-ay-ayyyyyyyyyyyy. :D

5443[/snapback]

Its only blokes who are good at dancing and actually really enjoy it that are gay :D The others are straight!

5447[/snapback]

Hmmm, I might be able to let you have that one actually. Although if you don't enjoy it you shouldn't be doing it. ;)

I'm too tall. Nowt worse than being in a sea of people of around 5 ft 10 and being a head taller than all of them trying to look inconspicuous. :blush:

5443[/snapback]

Its only blokes who are good at dancing and actually really enjoy it that are gay :D The others are straight!

5447[/snapback]

Hmmm, I might be able to let you have that one actually. Although if you don't enjoy it you shouldn't be doing it. ;)

I'm too tall. Nowt worse than being in a sea of people of around 5 ft 10 and being a head taller than all of them trying to look inconspicuous. :blush:

5450[/snapback]

Or is it that there is no room for others when you enter the dance floor?

And I don't dance, so clubbing's pretty much pointless.  Oh and any blokes that do dance are gay-ay-ayyyyyyyyyyyy. :blush:

5443[/snapback]

Its only blokes who are good at dancing and actually really enjoy it that are gay ;) The others are straight!

5447[/snapback]

Hmmm, I might be able to let you have that one actually. Although if you don't enjoy it you shouldn't be doing it. :blush:

I'm too tall. Nowt worse than being in a sea of people of around 5 ft 10 and being a head taller than all of them trying to look inconspicuous. :D

5450[/snapback]

5462[/snapback]

As a German male, I don't think you're in any position to be taking the piss in a discussion about dancing. :D:blush:

And I don't dance, so clubbing's pretty much pointless.  Oh and any blokes that do dance are gay-ay-ayyyyyyyyyyyy. :blush:

5443[/snapback]

Its only blokes who are good at dancing and actually really enjoy it that are gay ;) The others are straight!

5447[/snapback]

Hmmm, I might be able to let you have that one actually. Although if you don't enjoy it you shouldn't be doing it. :blush:

I'm too tall. Nowt worse than being in a sea of people of around 5 ft 10 and being a head taller than all of them trying to look inconspicuous. :D

5450[/snapback]

5462[/snapback]

As a German male, I don't think you're in any position to be taking the piss in a discussion about dancing. :D:blush:

5465[/snapback]

Yes, but thanks to my compatriots I know everything about obeseness. :blush:

5422[/snapback]

Aye but Hog, you come from Consett! :D

5439[/snapback]

After a quick consultation with me mam Butlers is now called Chaplains, but was called Churchills before that. Aye Consett is a funny one. Get plenty of people coming in for a night out. I remember talking to one bloke who'd come from as far as Wallsend with his mates.

To be fair its full of charvers. It's got a few nightclubs (4 I think, with possibly another opening up). But when it's summer those charvers don't mind putting on the short skirts and low cut tops :D

5446[/snapback]

i seem to remember them not minding much in doing the same thing when it was brass monkeys in the middle of January as well.... :blush:

5422[/snapback]

Aye but Hog, you come from Consett! ;)

5439[/snapback]

5446[/snapback]

i seem to remember them not minding much in doing the same thing when it was brass monkeys in the middle of January as well.... :blush:

5472[/snapback]

Many a time I've found myself out in the middle of January at two in the morning wondering why the hell I didn't have some kind of a jacket with me. Or wondering why the hell I didn't book a taxi. Normally we manage to blag one. Lurk round by Argos then spot one thats been waiting for awhile, bung him an extra quid or so and it's all good :D

My late night clubbing days are more or less over. It's fun at Uni, in my first year places were cheap and the music inoffensive. In my 2nd year RnB 'happened' and every bastard place played it. As it makes me want to stab people's eyes out, I stayed in a lot more then. Last year things seemed to settle down a bit and you happily go out for a night of drinking and cheesy music. All a bit of fun.

Now I'm supposedly off to become a respected professional I can see me sticking to pubs and bars. I prefer being in a place where you can converse reasonably well. Bars with a bit of funky or progressive house playing at a moderate level get an extra star.

Some clubs are excusable. But you need the right mix of clientele, price, venue and music- a pretty fine balance and everyone has a different ideal.

5422[/snapback]

Aye but Hog, you come from Consett! ;)

5439[/snapback]

5446[/snapback]

5472[/snapback]

Many a time I've found myself out in the middle of January at two in the morning wondering why the hell I didn't have some kind of a jacket with me. Or wondering why the hell I didn't book a taxi. Normally we manage to blag one. Lurk round by Argos then spot one thats been waiting for awhile, bung him an extra quid or so and it's all good :D

5480[/snapback]

A Neashams Taxi no doubt!

I can't prove it but I'm bloody convinced one of their bastard drivers robbed my parents house while we were on holiday. Either that or they knwo who did.

Drove us to the airport asking all sorts of leading questions "where you going?", "when will you be back".....etc..

Arseholes! :blush: