Worst film ever

Jusoda Kid

Miami Vice and A.I.

I found Miami Vice to be average.

I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again, but if I was bored and it was on telly and there was nothing else on I'd watch it, it past the time.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few comments on this thread.

Titanic I'm always in two minds about - 1h 35m is the key - that's when it hits the iceberg and from then on its okay but having said that the first half is saved for me because I adore Kate Winslet.

I love Brazil - best ending ever - I also love 12 Monkeys.

I think in general you have to make your own mind up without any arty-farty explainations - I think Donnie Darko is a marvellous film but when I read that the director's view had a decidedly religious angle and given my views on that it didn't make me want to chuck the DVD away - my view of it still holds and as I said I think its great. Happy Face's view suggests to me being told why I should like certain music - being told what St Peppers means does not change my opinion that it is drug-addled hippy shite.

I'm just old enough to remember The Exorcist on release although I wasn't old enough to see it - that made it more of a taboo and I have to say I did find it scary when I eventually did see it. I agree it looks aged now but thats like everything else - horror films did surpass the thrills in it but then people became so used to the genre that more humour has had to have been added to sell those kinds of films more recently.

I still maintain that Escape to Victory is probably the worst ever film in my view.

Happy Face's view suggests to me being told why I should like certain music - being told what St Peppers means does not change my opinion that it is drug-addled hippy shite.

I take it you mean my comments in general, rather than on Donnie Darko (which I haven't mentioned). I wouldn't presume to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't like, and I hope I don't come across that way, I'm constantly trying to temper the vehemence of my argument (it's difficult when people drench Saw with hyperbole though :icon_lol: ). I just suggest why I don't think they're the worst film ever.

I don't think The Descent is worse than say...Resident Evil, so I stood up for its redeeming features.

Titanic mightn't be someones cup of tea, but it is a LOT of peoples tea, coffee and biscuits and I'd say Poseidon was worse.

worst film ever = Grease. HATE HATE HATE IT!

Yeh I absolutely hate Grease. Quite like a few musicals, but the songs are SO shit in that.

I'm also adding votes for Revolver, and I also thought Eternal Sunshine was like stabbing yourself in the Jap's Eye with a rusty knife.

I also thought Eternal Sunshine was like stabbing yourself in the Jap's Eye with a rusty knife.

wah? :icon_lol:

Tell me you're a sadist who likes that kind of pain. It would be less disturbing than someone not liking Eternal Sunshine.

I also thought Eternal Sunshine was like stabbing yourself in the Jap's Eye with a rusty knife.

Tell me you're a sadist who likes that kind of pain. It would be less disturbing than someone not liking Eternal Sunshine.

Nah, it was utter shit. :icon_lol:

Nah, it was utter shit. :icon_lol:

:blush:

Guest stevieintoon

Terminator 3. End of.

Didn't live up to the first two but never the worst of all time.

Too fast too furious - Tokyo Drift is a disgrace every film screen on earth, but the worst films ever were Highlander 2 and 3. Christopher Lambert, went from being a big star at Man Utd, to being on the bench at West Allotment Celtic in three films.

Guest stevieintoon

Vanilla Sky was truely awful.

True but the song by Underworld in that film (especially the Cowgirl version), :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Edited by stevieintoon

I take it you mean my comments in general, rather than on Donnie Darko

I just meant your suggestion that if you were told or read some kind of "deeper" explanation of what a film was about you could suddenly go "Ah, what I thought was garbage was actually a deep and meaningful insight into the human state".

Theres nothing wrong with seeing something deeper yourself, even if you're the only one who sees it, but I think being told why something is good smacks of the emporer's new clothes.

Not necessarily related to your comments but I also think its worth stating that even the most "serious" film fan can switch off their mind and enjoy a no brainer of a film (usually Arnie springs to mind) without worrying about depth. I always like to quote the Fast Show sketch where the middle class dinner party guests discuss french art films and the "get me coat" bloke says "Did anyone see that Truffaut film on channel 4 last night? - what a waste of time - it was in black & white, it had subtitles, nobody got killed and nobody got their kit off".

Happy Face's view suggests to me being told why I should like certain music - being told what St Peppers means does not change my opinion that it is drug-addled hippy shite.

I don't think The Descent is worse than say...Resident Evil, so I stood up for its redeeming features.

Titanic mightn't be someones cup of tea, but it is a LOT of peoples tea, coffee and biscuits and I'd say Poseidon was worse.

Thing that got me was they have a group of fairly attractive girls drinking and getting stoned in a cabin up away in the hills and they don't get it on! Just not cricket!

My worst movies:-

Robin Hood - Men in Tights

Matrix III

Dances with Wolves

see I liked Men in Tights.. a lot

didn't Dances with Wolves win acclaim from the Native American people for it's portrayal of the Sioux? I know that doesn't neccesarily mean it's a good film, but it can't be that bad?

Matrix 3 is shite mind, so disappointing

My worst movies:-

Robin Hood - Men in Tights

Matrix III

Dances with Wolves

see I liked Men in Tights.. a lot

didn't Dances with Wolves win acclaim from the Native American people for it's portrayal of the Sioux? I know that doesn't neccesarily mean it's a good film, but it can't be that bad?

Matrix 3 is shite mind, so disappointing

RH-MiT had ALL the jokes in the trailer............. it was truly feeble - a 5 minute sketch dragged out for hours

DwW may nave been "fair" to the indians but bugger me it went on , and on and on..........

if they hadn't had a heart resucitation unit in the cinema it would have been a mass tragedy

MAtrix III was a classic example of stretching an idea to breaking point, being totally cinvinced of your own cleverness and spending money on effects rather than on an editor......................

Edited by Rob W

Terminator 3. End of.

Not seen it, but if people say its shit compared to the first Terminator then it must be ABSOLUTE horse-shit. :icon_lol:

You didn't like T1? :icon_lol:

I thought it was bob on. It'll look dated now, but I watched that before I did T2 and thought Arnie was the perfect fit for the mechanical golem.

T3 is bollocks mind.

Never been able to make my mind up about "Moulin Rouge"

tho the more often I see it the more the toe curling rubbish seems to out weigh the invention...........................

I take it you mean my comments in general, rather than on Donnie Darko

I just meant your suggestion that if you were told or read some kind of "deeper" explanation of what a film was about you could suddenly go "Ah, what I thought was garbage was actually a deep and meaningful insight into the human state".

I think it would be fairly conceited of someone to insists they always know what a filmmaker is trying to do and can always form a unchanging opinion from one viewing. I completely missed what was going on in Magnolia, but once I had it explained got so much more from it, same with 2001. Even top critics do this, Mark Kermode famously walked out on Blue Velvet in disgust, met a bloke who loved it, gave it another chance and fell in love with it.

Theres nothing wrong with seeing something deeper yourself, even if you're the only one who sees it, but I think being told why something is good smacks of the emporer's new clothes.

Life would be very boring if we all liked the same stuff....or indeed if we couldn't deride each others opinion. Sounds like you're saying from now on people should just keep their opinion to themself.

Not necessarily related to your comments but I also think its worth stating that even the most "serious" film fan can switch off their mind and enjoy a no brainer of a film (usually Arnie springs to mind) without worrying about depth. I always like to quote the Fast Show sketch where the middle class dinner party guests discuss french art films and the "get me coat" bloke says "Did anyone see that Truffaut film on channel 4 last night? - what a waste of time - it was in black & white, it had subtitles, nobody got killed and nobody got their kit off".

Agreed. But why can't it work the other way? An Arnie fan that enjoys the odd Tarkovsky? The popcorn crunching masses are the true snobs.

I wouldn't slate someone like Parky (who's top 100 was one of the most high-brow selection of films I'd seen put together) for preferring a cerebral experience in the cinema, some people just prefer certain genre's. Some people listen exclusively to Ambient dub glitch techno (whatever that might be) and other concentrate on the top 40. Horses for courses, but either one slagging off the other doesn't really know anything about the genre. It's like Faking it on channel 4, when they get a classically trained person to pull off a rock concert, usually dismissive and aghast by everything it stands for at the start, they come to realise the attraction of their new trade and go away with an appreciation of what they once despised.

"I wouldn't slate someone like Parky (who's top 100 was one of the most high-brow selection of films I'd seen put together) for preferring a cerebral experience in the cinema"

I would - he obviously copied it from a pseuds site .................

Life would be very boring if we all liked the same stuff....or indeed if we couldn't deride each others opinion. Sounds like you're saying from now on people should just keep their opinion to themself.

Absolutely not - I'm an argumentative git by nature - I just meant it should be your own opinions and not those of critic X.

Absolutely not - I'm an argumentative git by nature - I just meant it should be your own opinions and not those of critic X.

Nowt wrong with regurgitating an opinion you agree with.