Gigs: 2011 & 2012

Gene_Clark

Btw Ade Edmondson and the Bad Shepherds were on at the same festival as System 7. What an egotistical twat he is. They're fucking hopeless. :icon_lol:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never quite understood the fuss about him although I've never seen him live so maybe he puts on quite a show. Don't think he does anything particularly original though. Been done before and better by DJ Shadow and various drum and bass producers imo.

There's non of his albums I particularly love as a whole, but there's always one or two tracks on every album he does that I can put on repeat for weeks and weeks without getting tired of it.

Never quite understood the fuss about him although I've never seen him live so maybe he puts on quite a show. Don't think he does anything particularly original though. Been done before and better by DJ Shadow and various drum and bass producers imo.

There's non of his albums I particularly love as a whole, but there's always one or two tracks on every album he does that I can put on repeat for weeks and weeks without getting tired of it.

none

none

New laptop i got off work is crap. Misses out loads of letters unless I type geet slow and pummel the buttons.

It also seems to duplicate my posts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alex
Eels at the Brighton Dome tonight. Double score as it's another Eurovision venue to tick off my list. :lol:

Should be a euphemism as well.

Foo Fighters were unbelievable

Good. Have always wanted to see them but they keep evading me, hoped they would do Coachella but they didn't.

Going to Rock en Seine in Paris at the end of August and they're headlining the Friday. Finally!

They played 26 songs! and 2 hours 45 minutes, best value for money gig ever considering Biffy Clyro supported who I'm not too fussed on either but they were good

Excellent venue too, will defo go back if there is someone decent on

NationalBowl_small_comp.jpg

They played 26 songs! and 2 hours 45 minutes, best value for money gig ever considering Biffy Clyro supported who I'm not too fussed on either but they were good

We got right up front when they headlined Leeds. Never enjoyed jumping around so much for so long since my very first gig when I went to see Brian May.

Aye foos were brilliant! did you go the Saturday or Sunday? we went Sunday, Jimmy Eat World and Biffy both good.

The venue was superb! definitely be going back also!

Aye foos were brilliant! did you go the Saturday or Sunday? we went Sunday, Jimmy Eat World and Biffy both good.

I've seen AC/DC and Metallica at the bowl :D

I've seen AC/DC and Metallica at the bowl :D

I've seen Nirvana in a less than 1000 persons venue, do I win something? :)

Went to see Bright Eyes in Leeds on Wednesday- a great gig, a fantastic performer with a top class backing band. He played the hits and some new stuff. Definitely worth seeing!

On Thursday I went to see Avi Buffalo at the Brudenell Social Club, a great little venue with WMC priced pints. The gig was class and I murdered the cheap beer. Great band and a good lad to talk to for a but afterwards.

Ticked another thing off the bucket list and saw Dylan at Finsbury Park last month like. Wasn't expecting much, heard mixed reviews of his live show recently but his voice was in surprisingly good nick and he cracked out Like a Rolling Stone so I was chuffed