New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

nufc10homen_20100414_1193815869.jpg

newshirts.jpg

Aye, red looks shit, doesn't it? :(

Pretty certain MattM4 did a version of a shirt Shearer was wearing but with red numbers and it looked even better.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One or two??? Every shirt from at least the 50s up until 1993 had red numbers on the back of it - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!

If you buy a retro shirt from toffs they do name and number - red - it looks great!

Classic black and white stripes, with red numbers = £££££££££ for LardAsh. Why can he not see it???

Crazy isn't it!?

That's what I can't get my head round. A nice retro design like the one Craig posted with red numbers would sell like hot cakes.

Very true.

Most blokes are pretty much in love with the late 60s and early 70s. Any sports gear from that era generally looks cool as fook. I don't know why they try and over complicate things but it's obviously deliberate. Shame though. They could change the basic look from collar, to no collar, to v-neck, more black, more white and we'd lap it up!

Man U have had some really nice simple kits lately tbf. I reckon they'll always sell a certain amount to the die hard fan no matter what the design is but there are probably more floating voters than they realise who'd buy something if it looked a bit cooler.

It's almost like they think they will make more money from the obligatory purchase of Name and number consequent of some awful patch rather than actually release a nice shirt.

Loads of people would love red numbers again if it meant we could have stripes on the back of the shirt!

Wise words Thomas. :icon_lol:

Can you still take a shirt down to your local major high street sports store (preferably not Sports Direct) and get a name and number whenever you want?

Going to get the home shirt I think but that patch demands a name and number. So yes, I'm going to be a sheep, however I don't see the point in getting a name and number on it now as the player in mind might leave or have his number changed (Ben Arfa especially) during the summer.

The new Chelsea and Liverpool shirts are £35 at Sportsdirect and for some reason our clearly inferior Puma shirts are £40.

Nice one Mike.

to be fair - that would take revenue away from the club shop.

That's still £10 cheaper than the club shop.

Anyway here's the new Huddersfield kit by Umbro.

Huddesfield_home_1112_umbro_home_1.jpg

to be fair - that would take revenue away from the club shop.

That's still £10 cheaper than the club shop.

Anyway here's the new Huddersfield kit by Umbro.

Huddesfield_home_1112_umbro_home_1.jpg

I'd love to see us kitted out by umbro. Thats a canny shirt, that one.

Not a fan of that personally. But then I'm not a fan of retro-looking shirts, or any with collars like the above.

Still don't 'get' the hate some have for our new kit. Is is simply because of the thick stripes and blank black patch on the back?

Not a fan of that personally. But then I'm not a fan of retro-looking shirts, or any with collars like the above.

Still don't 'get' the hate some have for our new kit. Is is simply because of the thick stripes and blank black patch on the back?

What stripes? The two white ones in the middle? It's a piss poor effort and is not a Newcastle Utd strip. The huge panels on the back is a marketing ploy which we're unfortunately lumbered with so in a way I don't know why I'm that bothered, all our shirts from this day on are going to be shit.

You make it sound like adidas didn't deliver some poor efforts too.

Not entirely comfortable with the lack of stripes myself, but it's still identifiable as an NUFC top and I like the look of it. It's simple.

Did I? Don't know where you get that idea from? adidas have gave us the odd decent top but most were shit.

Did I? Don't know where you get that idea from? adidas have gave us the odd decent top but most were shit.

Fair enough. Oh and

all our shirts from this day on are going to be shit

Should've said all our shirts from the first one to have a panel on......'are going to be shit'. And adidas started the rot there. Still doesn't excuse the front of the new one. Anyway, maybe it's an age thing. Don't think we've had a good home one since;

0038.gif

Funny enough, out of all the adidas's, umbro's and puma's etc, one of the best home shirts we've had was the asics one.

What makes it so annoying as a whole is how nice Puma's "African Cup of Nations" shirts ALWAYS are. Bet our away kits nice though, I like Puma as a whole, just not happy with our home offerings... that said, this is really growing on me now out new home 'un

It's a monochrome Arsenal kit with a couple of white lines painted down the middle. All that's missing is a few cat's eyes on the centre black stripe and it's a fucking road.

The Huddersfield kit done in black and white would be class.

It's a monochrome Arsenal kit with a couple of white lines painted down the middle. All that's missing is a few cat's eyes on the centre black stripe and it's a fucking road.

I think it looks cheap.

Guarenteed that if we got that in black and white people would be moaning as well.

I think it looks cheap.

Guarenteed that if we got that in black and white people would be moaning as well.

You reckon that looks cheap but the despisable effort Puma have come up with doesn't? Fucking hell! :icon_lol: