New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does go to show that you can't keep everyone happy, the majority on here would love the red numbers, but the bedsheet boycoutt brigade might throw a strop.

To me, the strongest point in favour of red numbers isn't even the history but simply that it looks really good!

About that page... Just realised my name is at the bottom as a source along with yours I see :(

I just passingly mentioned he had the wrong Brown Ale logo on some of our home kits.

Never seen me being referenced on there before.. ;)

Think I told him about the gold McEwans Lager sponsorship we had in the first couple of months after promotion before they decided it was unreadable and switched to white on black.

About that page... Just realised my name is at the bottom as a source along with yours I see :(

I just passingly mentioned he had the wrong Brown Ale logo on some of our home kits.

Never seen me being referenced on there before.. ;)

Think I told him about the gold McEwans Lager sponsorship we had in the first couple of months after promotion before they decided it was unreadable and switched to white on black.

I remember seeing a picture from shortly after the change (possibly of Barry Venison? and even more likely in Match or Shoot magazine) where the white on black McEwans had been slightly ripped at the top and you could still see the gold underneath the patch. Guessing back then there was none of that 3 shirts for each game carry on?

Middlesbrough_11_12_Home_adidas_1.jpg

Since when did Alistair Cook play for boro? Looks okay....for a boro shirt.

That thing they have for us is just an abortion of a shirt. Classic black and white stripes, with red numbers = £££££££££ for LardAsh. Why can he not see it???

Classic black and white stripes, with red numbers = £££££££££ for LardAsh. Why can he not see it???

Crazy isn't it!?

Edited by Asprilla

Guest alex
Classic black and white stripes, with red numbers = £££££££££ for LardAsh. Why can he not see it???

Crazy isn't it!?

That's what I can't get my head round. A nice retro design like the one Craig posted with red numbers would sell like hot cakes.

It's almost like they think they will make more money from the obligatory purchase of Name and number consequent of some awful patch rather than actually release a nice shirt.

Loads of people would love red numbers again if it meant we could have stripes on the back of the shirt!

Is it bad that I haven't got a clue who any of them are?

Worse , that I haven't a clue who the sponsor is?

Is it not the fish 'n' chip people ?? :(

Oh no, after a quick google, it's even better than that…

Clicky

;)

Is it bad that I haven't got a clue who any of them are?

Worse , that I haven't a clue who the sponsor is?

Is it not the fish 'n' chip people ?? ;)

Oh no, after a quick google, it's even better than that…

Clicky

:D

:( I did the same when I saw the pic. I was thinking small time Boro, it's like the toon being sponsored by Gormans.

It's just... not Newcastle. I don't like having colours that aren't ours on the kit (other than the little flag at the top of the crest like :(). Blue or gold is the only colour I want on the Toon kit that isn't black and white. It's just not right... them having it on their kit doesn't help

mmm, obviously you missed a chunk of our history.

This:

l_f1e74ea0567ed55c34b372d47de0b543.jpg

+

l_673138f01c2b4a3292e2e8d5962d5146.jpg

=

l_eda67e09072fec766e343dc57a09261d.jpg

You should also read this.

Aye but its still not really Newcastle. One or two shirts with red numbers won't sway my opinion (and I never find ridiculously old kits relevant... it just reminds me of those stupid Man U fans with their bloody yellow and green prancing about pretending they've always cared about Newton Heath)

Crazy isn't it!?

That's what I can't get my head round. A nice retro design like the one Craig posted with red numbers would sell like hot cakes.

Totally missing the point of the statement 'pride in the shirt' aren't they?

Aye but its still not really Newcastle. One or two shirts with red numbers won't sway my opinion (and I never find ridiculously old kits relevant... it just reminds me of those stupid Man U fans with their bloody yellow and green prancing about pretending they've always cared about Newton Heath)

One or two??? Every shirt from at least the 50s up until 1993 had red numbers on the back of it - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!

The very reason we have a patch on the back of the shirts is because for some reason the club refuse to use a contrasting colour. Makems and West Brom both have striped shirts without a patch but then they've got black and red numbers respectively.

I'd actually settle for the blue ones like we had between 2003 & 2005. But definitely not the gold - that looked fucking awful!

The one in the middle is Rhys Williams I think, who will have left before the start of next season. The sponsor (once they eventually found one) is a local pawnbroker.

I'd quite like us to have a red & yellow striped away or 3rd kit at sometime, to represent the flag of Northumberland.

One or two??? Every shirt from at least the 50s up until 1993 had red numbers on the back of it - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!

The very reason we have a patch on the back of the shirts is because for some reason the club refuse to use a contrasting colour. Makems and West Brom both have striped shirts without a patch but then they've got black and red numbers respectively.

I'd actually settle for the blue ones like we had between 2003 & 2005. But definitely not the gold - that looked fucking awful!

Nail on the head mate. Red numbers have been part of our strip for years and it looks class .Only when the Sky league started they disappeared. Panels on the back is not part of our strip and should be removed asap. Get fucking umbro back.

Edited by SCOREBOARD1

The gold and/or blue any day over red. It just doesn't look as nice. Look at it now, the gold puma logo/1892 on the shirt looks well nicer than any red would, and the name/number would too if they'd gone for that gold. Well personally anyway. I also prefer the old yellow/green away kits and would want one like that, and a few people disagree with me there. Everyones tastes different. Anyway, time to get the red and black scarves out in protest of Ashley :(