Newcastle United 4-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Monroe Transfer

This will be massive. Lose and we're in serious trouble. Not just in terms of points but in terms of confidence. 3 losses in a row, including 2 at home could be catastrophic in terms of the player's mindsets. Win it, hope that results go our way and assume that we pick up another win in the remaining games and we should be alright.

2 nervous weeks await us.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt it is going to be a massive game. A must win situation. Massive pressure on the lads and agreed that with Tiote now out and Enrique and Ireland doubtful it makes for a very tough afternoon.

It will be a day for the fighting team spirit to re-emerge.

Likely Line up?

---Harper---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Ferguson

Barton---Guthrie---Nolan---Jonas

----Shola---Best---

I would be very tempted to have Vuckic on the bench and give him 20 mins upfront or in the middle nearer the end. Its a game he can make his name for himself. Obviously only if we are in a comfortable position late on.

Keep Colo at the back, very good at playing the ball out instead of hoofing it. Our other options will just hoof it.

Surely Krul should be getting a game, he was never as bad as Harper has been in the last few games.

Krul looked good in the reserve match against Arsenal making some good saves and think maybe he should be given a go. I'd put Shola on the bench and give Ranger a go or even Kuqi but maybes that's pushing it a bit much with Kuqi! But if we need a goal near the end I'd give Kuqi a run out for 20 mins or so, as he's gotta be better than Lovenkrands! Just don't see the point when there's like 2mins to go and we need a goal and Pardew brings Kuqi out, like what is he going to do in that time?

Guest Your Name Here
Surely Krul should be getting a game, he was never as bad as Harper has been in the last few games.

Krul looked good in the reserve match against Arsenal making some good saves and think maybe he should be given a go. I'd put Shola on the bench and give Ranger a go or even Kuqi but maybes that's pushing it a bit much with Kuqi! But if we need a goal near the end I'd give Kuqi a run out for 20 mins or so, as he's gotta be better than Lovenkrands! Just don't see the point when there's like 2mins to go and we need a goal and Pardew brings Kuqi out, like what is he going to do in that time?

Putting an inexperienced kid in goal for a match of this importance would be a risk. I’ve only seen the highlight of today’s match but apart from his miss kick Harper didn’t seem to do much wrong and our defence had enough time to regroup after he’d gifted the ball to Jones.

Not having Tiote is going to be a huge problem. We have been terrible without him and there is no clear replacement for him within the squad.

Barton would have to be the best option, with Guthrie wide right.

Would be good if we still had Routledge. No idea why he was loaned out. Just plain stupid really.

I wouldn't mind seeing Colo play in the holding role, but like others have said he is too important at the back to play him anywhere else.

I know it's stating the obvious but without a goalscorer we're in trouble.

Just look at Stoke, as shite as Fuller, he comes off the bench with minutes to go and still he knows how to find the back of the net.

Something Best, Zhola, Lovencrap and dutty custard just don't seem capable of.

Looking likely that Ireland, Barton, Best and Enrique will be fit for this.

---Harper---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

Barton---Ireland---Nolan---Jonas

---Best---Shola---

3-1 Ireland, Nolan and Shola :nufc:

Looking likely that Ireland, Barton, Best and Enrique will be fit for this.

---Harper---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

Barton---Ireland---Nolan---Jonas

---Best---Shola---

3-1 Ireland, Nolan and Shola :nufc:

Pardew won't throw in Ireland alongside Nolan, both are attacking mid's and our midfield would get dominated by Wolves, I know Guthrie's a soft shyte but he'd do better DM than Ireland

I'm optimistic about this one like I seriously think that we'll win 3-0. If that mug in midfield plays who kicks people in the air Barton just needs to keep out of his way though and let Nolan deal with him. Wolves have nothing in my view, and we just need a good quick start like I always go on about, set the tone in the first 10 mins, and we'll piss it. Kick down Leazes second half and we'll roar them home.

One of me mates isn't buying his ticket till 230, cos he says he's not going if Harper's playing he hates him that much. He needs dropping I'd blame him for three of the goals at Stoke, but I think his influence in the club is so great he'll be out number 1 for 2 more years at least.

It's felt like pre season with nee home game for four weeks, so hopefully everyone will be well up for it, I've missed it.

I'm optimistic about this one like I seriously think that we'll win 3-0. If that mug in midfield plays who kicks people in the air Barton just needs to keep out of his way though and let Nolan deal with him. Wolves have nothing in my view, and we just need a good quick start like I always go on about, set the tone in the first 10 mins, and we'll piss it. Kick down Leazes second half and we'll roar them home.

One of me mates isn't buying his ticket till 230, cos he says he's not going if Harper's playing he hates him that much. He needs dropping I'd blame him for three of the goals at Stoke, but I think his influence in the club is so great he'll be out number 1 for 2 more years at least.

It's felt like pre season with nee home game for four weeks, so hopefully everyone will be well up for it, I've missed it.

Wishful thinking like, it won't happen though as the atmosphere when we play at 3 on a Saturday is generally awful.

Wishful thinking like, it won't happen though as the atmosphere when we play at 3 on a Saturday is generally awful.

I know. I don't like them at all in the modern era. I'm not a traditionalist in that regard to be honest. My ideal kick off would be 6pm on a Saturday night, shite for away fans like, but I love those Saturday night Sky games.

I know. I don't like them at all in the modern era. I'm not a traditionalist in that regard to be honest. My ideal kick off would be 6pm on a Saturday night, shite for away fans like, but I love those Saturday night Sky games.

5.30pm on a saturday is fine, everyone's away on the trains by 8pm. It's all about the drinking time, that extra couple of hours in the pub, 3 or 4 more pints down your neck, seeing the other results coming in, then an early controversial decision sets it up for a superb atmosphere.

As opposed to playing in 15oC sunshine, against a turd opposition next week. All the sings of a shite atmosphere and a 0-1.

Hope im wrong.

The Fulham game the year we got relegated is typical of your Saturday 3 o'clock kick-off.

Especially when the atmosphere on the Monday night against Middlesbrough was outstanding.

Although I understand a lot of people thought it was job done after that game.