Newcastle United 4-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see Ranger getting a start ahead of Lovenkrands, cos normally these 3 o clock kick offs start awfully with no energy from the start at all, and i reckon Ranger might just spark a little energy into the team from the off instead of the last 20 mins

It's a tough decision. If Ranger starts he'll need to come off because he seems to lose direction after a little while. He's effective when fresh then it seems to go to pieces. Lovenkrands doesn't impose himself much or at all. He makes the runs and sometimes gets in good positions, but when you don't have great passers to pick him out he seldom gets much meaningful involvement.

Looking forward to this with nervous trepidation.

Be fuckin positive you drab excuse of a toon fan.

Being honest and realistic tbh.

I'm sure I'll watch it, just exaggerating.

No its pessimistic and negative as fuck. It doesnt do any good.

Positivity breeds positivity

3:0 :razz:

Your positivity is rooted in nothing though. What has suggested in recent performances that we'll beat these? We've got injuries to an already depleted strike force and our key midfielder missing against a side who will batter us around in the middle of the park.

I'd rather see Ranger getting a start ahead of Lovenkrands, cos normally these 3 o clock kick offs start awfully with no energy from the start at all, and i reckon Ranger might just spark a little energy into the team from the off instead of the last 20 mins

It's a tough decision. If Ranger starts he'll need to come off because he seems to lose direction after a little while. He's effective when fresh then it seems to go to pieces. Lovenkrands doesn't impose himself much or at all. He makes the runs and sometimes gets in good positions, but when you don't have great passers to pick him out he seldom gets much meaningful involvement.

Looking forward to this with nervous trepidation.

It's just when we have played these teams in and around us we've never looked like going for the win from the start, and look at our record at home this season against teams like Wolves, it's not good reading, the amount of points we've dropped is shocking and our performances haven't meritted 3 points neither it all just seems to be the players being casual on the ball and the way they approach things, but i think maybe giving Ranger a start might go a little way to us starting positively, because when he comes on he adds bit of energy to us, something that Lovenkrands doesn't

3:0 :)

Your positivity is rooted in nothing though. What has suggested in recent performances that we'll beat these? We've got injuries to an already depleted strike force and our key midfielder missing against a side who will batter us around in the middle of the park.

Tbh i dont get it neither, away from Matchdays i'm the most pessimistic fan you can find, if we were top of the league i'd be looking how many points off relegation we were, but when i get to St James' i do nothing but get behind the team, no booing, nothing, just constant support for them.

And for the first time in a while i thought we were gonna win a game against Everton and get a 2-0 win.....That teaches me for being positive :razz:

3:0 :)

Tbh i dont get it neither, away from Matchdays i'm the most pessimistic fan you can find, if we were top of the league i'd be looking how many points off relegation we were, but when i get to St James' i do nothing but get behind the team, no booing, nothing, just constant support for them.

And for the first time in a while i thought we were gonna win a game against Everton and get a 2-0 win.....That teaches me for being positive :razz:

Aye, at the match, you've got to rally them on and support them. Sometimes, like the Arsenal game, it clearly spurs the players on. In terms of looking at matches before they take place and looking at the state of the club, there's nothing atm to breed any positivity. It's a pessimistic viewpoint but it's a realistic and justified one. Expecting NUFC to go out and make strides in the transfer window and turning Wolves over with no decent strikers is asking for trouble.

Is Enrique fit for this? if he is I would love to see us showe jonas on the right and try Ferguson out at left wing. From what ive seen he doesnt seem like much of a defender but his wing-play Quite good. Would save us having to play guthrie too :razz: .

Is Enrique fit for this? if he is I would love to see us shove jonas on the right and try Ferguson out at left wing. From what ive seen he doesnt seem like much of a defender but his wing-play has seemed quite good. He seems a little Enrique'esque with his turning and close control. Would save us having to play guthrie too :razz: .

Edited by nortoon

How would you do it tho, put guthrie out there to smother the opponents with his huge abs and ferocious tackling?

Ferguson is more lightweight and they'd look to bully him. I'd throw him on when they're tiring a bit.

Fair point he could be a good impact sub. I still think he will cause them more problems than Barton, Guthrie or the 3-5-2 Simpson runs would, allowing Barton to go central midfield. And as for getting bullied, I dont really see how it would matter. Fine they might push him around a bit, doesnt stop him running behind when Enrique puts in a ball. Or if they focus on him, that will allow Enrique more space. Its not like he is going to play central midfield and get Karl Henry kicking him all game.

I have a lot less positivity about this game now. Wolves aren't a bad side at all. No Tiote, Nolan on the verge of suspension, Barton will possibly try and maim Karl Henry inside 5minutes...

Guthrie is muck and we're down Leon Best, who was at least an option.

Lose this and we're in the thick of it, win and we're likely safe.

................................. I would love to see us showe jonas on the right and try Ferguson out at left wing. .......................

I've often wondered why he hasn't been given some goes down the right side, he might just do alright there.

Granted he has a good working partnership with Enrique down the left side but his final distribution of the ball has always been lacking in consistancy and quality.

Milner and others have shown the ability to play down both sides, why not Jonas.