Blackpool (a)

smoggeordie

Tickets on sale now, if you want to go i'd buy one ASAP.

Just got mine and the email says it's ticket 1621 on the confirmation email. Not sure if that number is bollocks, but if we've sold 1621 already then you better be quick!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a good bar upstairs directly opposite Central Pier (used to be called One Eleven but has just been refurbished) that shows the matches on foreign tv on big screens for anyone without a ticket. It's on the corner of Chapel Street and Promenade and isn't too far away from the stadium.

Edited by Nobby

The Manchester (bar) in Blackpool [231-233, Promenade, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY1 6AH][Corner of Promenade and Lytham Road, near Central Pier]

is supposed to be the best place to go before the match

Got my ticket today cant wait!! There are 5 of us traveling but only one match ticket lol.

Where is everyone drinking before game? I want a party atmosphere ala sam jacks or idols... Last time we played I was in Manchester Bar in Blackpool and it was brilliant!! Newcastle songs, flags and full of Geordies.

Anywhere better or is this place to be?

Head to the North Pier to start with if you get there for opening time (9am). Was a good laugh there last time in the Merrie England

before we walked the Promenade hitting the bars up to the ground,

The Manchester was closest to the ground and was bouncing.

Edited by Nobby

Can't wait for this. Shame i'm only day tripping it though! 7.20 train out of Boro so will have plenty of time in Blackpool. Wouldn't go if I didn't have a ticket like, would feel wrong there being a match on just yards down the road and not going.

Can't wait for this. Shame i'm only day tripping it though! 7.20 train out of Boro so will have plenty of time in Blackpool. Wouldn't go if I didn't have a ticket like, would feel wrong there being a match on just yards down the road and not going.

There'll be more Newcastle fans there without tickets than with tickets.

5under1and fans reckon they had 6 to 7,000 there and the bars were packed while watching the match

5under1and fans reckon they had 6 to 7,000 there and the bars were packed while watching the match

Each to their own like but I couldn't be fucked with a 6 hour round trip and 50 quid or whatever on trains if I didn't get to see the game!

Each to their own like but I couldn't be fucked with a 6 hour round trip and 50 quid or whatever on trains if I didn't get to see the game!

70 quid for bus down Friday at 9am and back on Sunday and hotel for Friday and Saturday

i actually went to blackpool tower ages ago with me brother we went on the tower but i didnt see blackpool fc lol guess i was afraid of that class window on the floor at the top of the tower or there abouts

Nice to have Nolan back for this one. Think he may start up front off Shola with Ireland in the middle.

Likely Team IMO

Krul

Simpson Williamson Colochini Enrique

Barton Tiote Ireland Jonas

Nolan

Ameobi

Big score win for us.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Nice to have Nolan back for this one. Think he may start up front off Shola with Ireland in the middle.

Likely Team IMO

Krul

Simpson Williamson Colochini Enrique

Barton Tiote Ireland Jonas

Nolan

Ameobi

Big score win for us.

That would be the side id put out too, either nolan or ireland in the hole. Think AP will start with lovenkrands and shola up top and nolan in midfield however. Ireland off the bench again imo.

3-1 :)

Agree, Ireland will be on the bench. Nolan replacing Guthrie, the rest unchanged.

Hopeful of a victory, they'll be seeing this as a hugely important match and will be going for three points. Could work for or against us depending on how we start.

Think we will do these, we have pretty much the best team we are going to get this season cept for ben arfa. Blackpool are there for the taking atm! 4-0. Ameobi, Nolan x2 and Ireland to come off the bench and get one!