• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Heaton Park support announced .

Unlucky if you ain't got Friday !

FRIDAY 29TH JUNE Primal Scream The Wailers The Vaccines Kid British

SATURDAY 30TH JUNE Beady Eye The Wailers Professor Green Hollie Cook

SUNDAY 1ST JULY Plan B The Wailers The Justice Tonight Band (feat. Mick Jones, Pete Wylie & The Farm) Dirty North

• 2 months later...
Is that your wristkerchief?

I wish like.

New lad starting at my place soon is coming from Virgin Money like. Already asked him about you and he said you're often seen flaunting yourself around the office wearing a neckerchief like.

Joey Barton, after licking the Stone Roses arse all week, admitted last night that he 'missed them first time round'. I fucking hate try hard hipsters like Barton . It's a fucking parody of itself these days, so many people showing how different they are, despite all dressing the same and listening to the same music.

:lol: Aye, I missed the Beatles first time around as well, but I like them now. What a cunt I am.

Mind, the footage on the news was canny cringeworthy. Loads of monkey walkers, and people coming up to the cameras and giving it their best Ian Brown vacant stare. You all look like twats. And some of you are in your 40s. Stop it.

:lol: Aye, I missed the Beatles first time around as well, but I like them now. What a cunt I am.

Mind, the footage on the news was canny cringeworthy. Loads of monkey walkers, and people coming up to the cameras and giving it their best Ian Brown vacant stare. You all look like twats. And some of you are in your 40s. Stop it.

Any English band that's popular amongst "lads" will have a complete helmet brigade in its audience.

One of the greatest ever debut albums, but canny shit live imo. I'd happily watch them in a small venue, but not a field in the north west again. Same applies for virtually all bands to me nowadays though.

Love their first album, and the EP , Second Coming didn't live up to the first but that's no surprise.

Aye, they're poor live, but so what? Anyone going to these gigs expecting to be be blown away wants a good kicking, but I doubt anyone from " first time round" expects that.

And yes, I'm old enough. :razz:

Aye, they're poor live, but so what?

3/4 of them are fine live.

In a way things like this are more about the coming together in celebration rather than the details.

I'll be seeing them at V - unless of course they fall out by then.

Difference being you don't quote the Smiths on a daily basis or wear scarves and jaunty hats. And if you do you're fucking weird

That was fucking brilliant like. I am an absolute mess today but it was all worth it. Mainly just to see manc-mag wearing a cardie.

last saw them at whitely bay ice brink about 95 or 96 - the second coming tour just after rennie quit.

the music sounded great but brown's voice was horrendous. didn't matter though when the music was that good.

i bet a big majority of the crowd were stereotypical, swaggering mancs, wearing those stupid liam gallagher fisherman hats.

i went to see the the arctic monkeys a few years back at old trafford cricket ground. never seen such a hostile crowd of arseholes - there was a real edgy atmosphere. mancs really do their best to live up to their reputations. i saw at least 5 fights kick off during the course of the day and people were pissing in bottles and throwing them forward, showering the people in front, rather than go the portaloos. dirty bastards.

Aye I saw Oasis at Heaton Park and they had that crowd in. The one where they refunded everyone's tickets.

When was that mate?..

Went to one of Oasis's last ever gigs at the BIC in Bournemouth and its plainly that "type" they attract because it was the same at Hampshire CC's Rosebowl a few years before that, with the added bonus of a planned meet between Southampton and Portsmouth football mobs. That was actually the most violent public event I've ever attended.

I'm seeing them at V fest at Chelmsford where am hoping the vast majority of the twats will have the Roses thing out of their system and its only the trustafarian-student types that V usually attracts (?...not been before, just what I heard...) that will be in attandance...