USA Pre-season tour

henda11

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally thought it was John Carvers connections that got us the tour. I am a bit gutted as I go to Florida every other year. Looking at the finances to get over for this one however I am lost about how to go and get tickets for the Orlando match.

:)

Will Barton even be allowed in? ;)

Of coarse he will, they let all those terrorists in, even me. ;)

And wankers like me.

Is this definitely happening? Has anyone got dates and such like? Can't see anything on .com or .co.uk

Confirmed on the opponents websites.

Is this definitely happening? Has anyone got dates and such like? Can't see anything on .com or .co.uk

Confirmed on the opponents websites.

Ah, cheers! If anyone else is interested:

Kansas City 20 July

Orlando 23 July

Columbus Crew 26 July

• 2 months later...

I would also probably say it's totally pointless doing a tour so far away if somebody isn't broadcasting it - so I imagine certain websites will be providing video coverage.

I would also probably say it's totally pointless doing a tour so far away if somebody isn't broadcasting it - so I imagine certain websites will be providing video coverage.

It'll be on ESPNs "soccer" channels over there, so we'll be able to watch online, although I reckon they'll show it on our ESPN over here if thats true, it'll definately be on TV over there that's for sure, I mean every MLS match is shown on tv, so they'll show the big European friendlies

Looking at the ESPN guide for the next week none of NUFC's US games are being shown but they have MLS All Stars v Man U, LA Galaxy v Citeh and a cup competition with Juve and some other clubs.

Edited by sammynb

I haven't seen any mention of the matches being televised over here.

That's about the size of it. I've checked ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 FSC, & FoxsoccerTV shedules and none are listing NUFC.

Haven't checked the Latino channels but somehow I don't think they will bbe showing any. ;)

I was hoping there would be some fanfare and that these would at least be televised. No such luck apparently.

I mean a few years back Setanta televised a pre-season away friendly against Mallorca (incidentally it was a painfully slow and crap match), surely Ashley and co would have been able to negotiate some sort of television deal for this. If not it's an opportunity lost. With the state of the US dollar it's not like it will be an otherwise lucrative sojourn.