End of Season Report

Christmas Tree

Come on now. Perhaps I underestimated the actual level of your stupidity. Unbelievable. At least it's here for all to see.

perhaps. When do you think the club will be where it ought to be again then, buy quality players instead of selling them, fill the stadium and attract sponsors and shirt sales, all to the levels it is capable of, oh wise one ?

In time. Before that though, can we discuss your misunderstanding of the meaning of the word 'myth' a little longer? I enjoy conversing with idiots of your ilk from time to time.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see his reply but i'll guess he's either supporting skidmark or having a whinge about me taking jibes at his love for pies.

Going to be one of the two as he's predictable and boring.

On ignore, off, peek, on ignore, off peek, on ignore, off, peek :icon_lol:

Come on now. Perhaps I underestimated the actual level of your stupidity. Unbelievable. At least it's here for all to see.

perhaps. When do you think the club will be where it ought to be again then, buy quality players instead of selling them, fill the stadium and attract sponsors and shirt sales, all to the levels it is capable of, oh wise one ?

In time. Before that though, can we discuss your misunderstanding of the meaning of the word 'myth' a little longer? I enjoy conversing with idiots of your ilk from time to time.

Really ? So, as I said, what's your view of the future of the next few years for the football club, and selling our best players and replacing them with cheaper, inferior replacements and where it will lead ?

I'm waiting for your brain to tell me, I'm sure you know what you are talking about ?

Seriously, the thought that someone of your obvious younger age, on the other side of the world, can tell me anything about this football club, is fantastically laughable. What do you think of the woeful performance and our best striker now playing for Liverpool and Ameobi and Lovenkrands playing for us, I bet Liverpool were shitting themselves. The Kop certainly thought it was a great laugh.

Edited by LeazesMag

How many times does it need to be said?

I am not interested in having a discussion with you. You're an idiot.

Edited by toonotl

Ah so skidmark returns theres a shock, instantly resumes his baiting of leazes and abusive/pathetic tone.

Sad wee boy you are :rolleyes: away and flounce off again eh? try to stick to it this time not be as weak willed like your bestest bud CT around pies.

Or like you with your ignore button? :icon_lol:

Good.

Listen and learn, and don't mention Shepherd and you'll be OK.

Good.

Listen and learn, and don't mention Shepherd and you'll be OK.

You just make that sound so personal, could have quite easily have been "and don't mention my wife/daughter and you'll be OK."

:icon_lol:

I guess the season turned out better than we expected but................

a nagging sense that we were only a little bit short of doing really well

mind, we'd have been a dreadful embarrassment if we had qualified for Yurop

Hughton...

Man Utd (A) 3-0...To be expected.

Villa (H) 6-0...GREAT result and a bit of revenge.

Accrington Stanley (A) FA CUP 2-3...Poor but still won.

Wolves (A) 1-1...Should of won.

Blackpool (H) 0-2...Worst result of the season, should of won.

Everton (A) 0-1...Great result, great goal, glimmer of things to come from Ben Arfa!

Chelsea (A) CC 4-3...Great unexpected result, great game!

Stoke (H) 0-1...Almost as bad as the Blackpool game.

Man Citeh (A) 2-1...We were the better team, robbed by the worst officiating of a toon game this season. Lost Barfa too.

Wigan (H) 2-2...Poor performance and lucky to draw.

West Ham (A) 1-2...Great result!

Arsenal (H)...0-4...Awful display.

Blackburn (H)...1-2 Awful Display.

Fulham (H) 0-0...Poor display and result.

Bolton (A) 5-1...Shambolic!

Chelsea (H) 1-1...Good result, could of won.

WBA (A) 3-1...Poor performance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pardew...

Liverpool (H) 3-1...Great result and performance!

Man Citeh (H) 1-3...Poor result and performance.

Spurs (A) 2-0...Poor performance.

Wigan (A) 0-1...Good win!

West Ham (H) 5-0...Great win and performance!

Stevenage (A) FA CUP 3-1...Embarrassing.

Sunderland (A) 1-1...Dissapointing...should of won!

Spurs (H) 1-1...Dissapointing...should of won!

Fulham (A) 1-0...Poor display.

Arsenal (H) 4-4...GAME OF THE SEASON + GOAL OF THE SEASON!

Blackburn (A) 0-0...Battered them and should of won!

Birmingham (A) 0-2...Great result!

Bolton (H) 1-1...Should of won! Frustrating!

Everton (H) 1-2...Poor poor display!

Stoke (A) 4-0...Awful, embarrassing!

Wolves (H) 4-1...Great result and performance!

Villa (A) 1-0...Awful game, poor display!

Man Utd (H) 0-0 Good result and performance!

Blackpool (A) 1-1...Awful display, lucky point!

Liverpool (A) 3-0...Awful result!

3 games to go...

Birmingham (H) Expect and need a big win.

Chelsea (A) Expect to lose but put in a spirited shift.

WBA (H) Sign off in style with another big win.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When put into context like that it actually shows just how inconsistent we have been all season, how unbeleivably frsutrating and complacent we've been in alot of games and just how different our season could of been had we kept Barfa fit and replaced Carroll.

Its evident that our home form was awful at the start of the season and has progressively got better but still has to be a big improvement next year.

Our away form at times is whats got us through.

Poor cup displays. (Lack of quality in depth/concentration/motivation)

Some great unexpected results, some result we got which we ought to, some which we ought to get but didnt and some down right awful results too. All in all a very very inconsistent season, maybe to be expected with coming back up and settling down again. Stayin up is a huge positive but the season needs to be learned from and we need to use it to solidify our home form next year, become more consistent and keep our concentration late on in games.

Alot to learn from this season. The hard work starts now. And we need 6 players in the summer.

Are we now 100% safe from relegation?

If so, I really hope the players don't mentally go on holiday.

If they do, I'll be pished off, I can tell you.

I'd a thousand times rather finish 10th than 17th!

Plus, finishing above the Mackems would be nice.

who cares where we finish in relation to them, weve spent less :icon_lol:

And we need 6 players in the summer.

Is that 6 made up of a new starting striker and 5 squad players, or have the last few weeks struck home that maybe our starting 11 is closer to a relegation fight than a top 7 challenge.

I think we need a new starting RB, CB (alongside collicini), CM, wide midfielder, and 2 new strikers.... in addition to replacing any potential outgoings. We also need to have much more energy available on the pitch and on the bench. Then I wouldn't worry about relegation.

I give plenty of credit for the team for coming together after relegation, when an implosion was potentially on the cards and could HAVE been catastrophic. And then I give them a lot of credit for coming back into the prem and not disgracing themselves, and giving us a memorable season. I think this team has been more than the sum of its parts. However, now (since we lost carroll) the sum of this team's parts isn't good enough to guarantee staying up again, and its too big a risk to once again bank on team spirit making up for that.

no we are still theoreticaly able to drop - and with NUFC you NEVER count yourself safe until the last game of the season anyway

Wigan and Wolves can pass us and W ham could reach the same points - right now 45 points is the safe number - we have 41

no we are still theoreticaly able to drop - and with NUFC you NEVER count yourself safe until the last game of the season anyway

Wigan and Wolves can pass us and W ham could reach the same points - right now 45 points is the safe number - we have 41

I hope you're wearing your tin hat.

I hope you're wearing your tin hat.

he's just being controversial, not like Rob at all - I'm glad he doesn't live next door to me :icon_lol:

Andy Carroll was a young boy with 6 months in the prem to his name. £35 million was and still is, too good to refuse. Virtually everyone agrees.

I would love to nip off and analyse Nolans goals and see how many came as a direct result of Carroll, but its Saturday night so thats a no.

I'll write Nolan off as a one hit wonder when it occurs, not now.

£35 million is an amazing sum.........But only if we had any other board in the premiership.

It's rediculous that we're not even going to spend hardly half of the money we got for Carroll, any other board in the Prem would back their manager and strive to take the club forward (Like Liverpool did), but not this one, Ashley doesnt have to dip into his money to spend this summer yet he still wont, he'd prefer to gamble on our Premier League safety again for the 3rd time than put that money in and sustain our Premier League status and help us push on.

I'd be suprised if theres anyone now who would say they would of turned down 35mil for Carroll. At the time i was pissed off but really it was the correct thing to do.

I reckon we will spend about 20-25mil in the summer. Possibly more, some think thats a foolish opinion, maybe it is i just think we are in such a better financial situation now with a very solid base to the team we could be suprised by FMA and have a really good summer.

Remember he has splashed money before...Smith, Barton, Coloccini to name a few.

I think the bigger picture is us running at at profit and thats a good thing. It for one prepares us for when the new rules come in and secondly makes us a much more viable and attractive option for prospective buyers.

I'd be suprised if theres anyone now who would say they would of turned down 35mil for Carroll. At the time i was pissed off but really it was the correct thing to do.

I't would only be a good deal if every penny was to be re-invested. It wont, so its not a good deal.

It has and will be re-invested in the club. Your smart enough to know that.

Just because "apparently" we will only spend 20mil doesnt mean the other 15mil wont be invested. Of course it will. Running costs and wages.

I't would only be a good deal if every penny was to be re-invested. It wont, so its not a good deal.

Exactly, any other board would have made it a good deal, under Ashley it is a bad deal IMO

But say we do start operating at a profit, do you really see Ashley putting that money into the team when he wont even spend most of the £35 million which he got for selling a player which cost nothing? I don't

It has and will be re-invested in the club. Your smart enough to know that.

Just because "apparently" we will only spend 20mil doesnt mean the other 15mil wont be invested. Of course it will. Running costs and wages.

What reason do you have that makes you believe that? And why didnt Liverpool do that with the Torres money?

Out of interest, if we hadn't of sold Carroll how much transfer kitty do you think FMA would should have budgeted for this Summer? That should really be added to the £35m. Of course it wont be.