Days out in the country

Christmas Tree

Was at Gibside with wife n kids. Had a picnic, played footy with bairns, there was a 60s band on this time. Canny atmosphere etc.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancy giving Chopwell woods a go today. Anyone been before and have local knowledge as to the best walk.

Thinking of the red one which is 3 and a bit miles but more interested in layout than distance, ie party will include pregnant daughter, small children and adults who think heels are all terrain.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Cracking day out Gruffalo hunting at Wallington Hall today. Very suprised how good it was. Much bigger and much more to do than the website portrays.

Nice gammon salad picnic on the lawn as well don't you know. .

I was there today with my lot as it happens. Desperately trying to justify my national trust membership. Lovely gardens, but think half of Tyne and wear had the same idea as us today. Didn't pack a picnic and had to wait the best part of an hour to get served at the cafe. Queues at the lady's bogs were insane too. Will go back another time not on a bank holiday. Going to do cragside and dunstanburgh next though.

We were there as well and saw a few friends who'd gone up independently.

Heaving.

We enjoyed it much more when it was just the two of us a couple of years back and it was almost empty.

The Gruffallo meeting was shambolic.

This is weird. I know what you two look like and would have let you guess which toontastic member I was if I'd met you. Anyone else on here there today?

Well Renton, did you happen to spot a bloke in his forties, good looking chap, well dressed with a look of a bloke who trudged through the dark days of NUFC in the eighties? If you did then rest assured it WASN'T Boldon's CT. :good: