Newcastle United 2-1 Birmingham City FT

Deano

Be nice to sign the season off with two good wins and performances at home starting today.

I personally think we are safe but a win today over a team who are 2 points behind us must surely all but confirm our safety.

Mcleish's boys are well drilled and hardworking but we really should do them today. 2-0 :( Nolan and Shola.

---Krul---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

Barton---Nolan---Tiote---Gutierrez

Shola---Lovenkrands

Subs: Harper, Tavernier, Raylor, Ireland, Richardson, Ranger and Kuqi.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Expecting a 5-1 or such today. Lots of goals and happy lads in the sunshine.

As much as I have no idea where these magic goals are coming from - that would be nice :(

If we get an early goal I think we can get a few more and it could turn into a west-ham or wolves sort of game. Could also be a nervy 0-0 or 1-0. Lots depends on which Shola turns up. Lets hope home advantage gives us a few goals, 5-0!

2nd last match for who knows how long, (Cheers Mike!). I'm sitting typing this beer in hand awaiting my pal who should be finished graft soon before heading to the Toon. Could any young'uns in L7 if they're going to sing 'we love you Newcastle' get it right please, and please leave that droning song you sometimes sing well alone. I'd tell you what it is but after a couple of years I've still no idea as the young'uns go quiet in parts of it so I guess they've no idea of all the words either, (some catchy tune, eh?).

Sing loud and proud otherwise and be as aggressive as poss to Ref etc. Cheers, kids!

Law of averages says you will, one day, get the big victory prediction correct. We'll all look forward to you proudly telling us you were right.

As much as I have no idea where these magic goals are coming from - that would be nice :(

Same place as the sunshine.

Currently humping it down.

;)

2-1

Newcastle United (4-4-2): Tim Krul; Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique; Joey Barton, Cheik Tiote, Kevin Nolan ©, Jonas Gutierrez; Shola Ameobi, Peter Lovenkrands

Substitutes: Steve Harper, James Tavernier, Shane Ferguson, Ryan Taylor, Ryan Donaldson, Nile Ranger, Shefki Kuqi

Birmingham City (4-5-1): Ben Foster; Stephen Csrr ©, Roger Johnson, Martin Jiranek, Liam Ridgewell; Sebastian Larsson, Lee Bowyer, Barry Ferguson, Jean Beausejour, Keith Fahey; Cameron Jerome

Substitutes: Colin Doyle, Stuart Parnaby, Curtis Davies, David Bentley, Alexander Hleb, Matt Derbyshire, Kevin Phillips

Shola butchered the chance there, made Carr look like a good defender. There's plenty of space in behind them here. Good game for the likes of Routledge it could have been. Would be nice to have some pace off the bench.

'Luis' Enrique at least 3 times from this commentator.

Ranger is best used off the bench. Every time he plays his effective play peters out after 15-20 minutes so having him on from the start would be a waste. That said Shola and Lovenkrands have just about no effective play at the moment anyway...