Eurovision

Meenzer

First semi-final tonight, 8pm on BBC THREE and BBC HD. (Second semi's on Thursday, big final on Saturday.)

There will be boxing rings, backflips, light boxes, pyros, excruatingly bad rap, and the only black person in San Marino.

You know you want to. (Ish.)

I used to be a watcher of this when Wogan done it but stopped when Norton took over. I quite liked how they let him take the piss out of it despite it being a fairly big part of the TV calender even if it is mostly for kitsch value and those who like hearing results read out.

What I'm saying is if there's some good looking Scandanavians, I'll watch it.

Aye, they're closing the second semi-final on Thursday night and are hotly tipped to do some serious scoreboard damage. I can't see it myself, but even I find it hard to use the words "too cheesy for Eurovision" without laughing.

I'll be watching as always, normally some good euro totty and here's hoping one of the Jedwards breaks his leg again and still tries to dance on :)

Edited by Sonatine

Jedward scare me, like some people are scared by clowns. There's just something a bit 'body snatcher' about them.

I bet the countries that have spent 400 years trying to exterminate each other will give each other 12 points as if to say, "see we no longer want to ethnically cleanse the Repbulic of Wankovia, we gave them loads of points. Even if their act was some tuneless gypsy singing about growing turnips." Norton is good, but Wogan was better, as he got steadily more drunk as the night wore on, whilst Spain offered up a sub-Wenga Boys tune with a cross dressing ventriloquist.

P.S Meenzer, you'd be the one who knows. I remember Sweden (I think) had some Opera Soprano a few years ago, and I am convinced she was in the Fith Element as a big blue opera singing alien. Am I right?

Edited by Billy Castell

Jedward scare me, like some people are scared by clowns. There's just something a bit 'body snatcher' about them.

I bet the countries that have spent 400 years trying to exterminate each other will give each other 12 points as if to say, "see we no longer want to ethnically cleanse the Repbulic of Wankovia, we gave them loads of points. Even if their act was some tuneless gypsy singing about growing turnips." Norton is good, but Wogan was better, as he got steadily more drunk as the night wore on, whilst Spain offered up a sub-Wenga Boys tune with a cross dressing ventriloquist.

P.S Meenzer, you'd be the one who knows. I remember Sweden (I think) had some Opera Soprano a few years ago, and I am convinced she was in the Fith Element as a big blue opera singing alien. Am I right?

:) :) :) :)

Hey, them turnip songs are good :)

I was an avid Eurovision watcher, but it just started getting a bit too political for me I'm afraid.

I'm in Düsseldorf the weekend after. Hope there's some of this "good euro totty" hanging around a week later. If not I'll settle for a pint with Lee Ryan and Jedward.

It has confused me with Blue doing it this year, i thought the whole point was for them to not be signed or anything

Nar, you can be anyone. Not that anyone properly big from a proper country would ever do it, because what would they get out of it, but there's no rules like that anyways (hence Jedward - argh).

The lady in question was Malena Ernman, haven't got a clue about her movie pedigree though I'm afraid :razz:

Is this your one openly gay vice or are their others?

Like watching Glee, or hairdressing or hanging about remote male toilets?

Glee is shite, I'm a baaldy heed and I prefer toilets in busier areas, means there's less long to wait.

any tips meezner, are the french worthy favourites

blue or jedward anychance?

Blue might win it. Jedward won't. The French are obvious favourites at the minute because their song stands out a mile and the staging is lush, but I can't quite see it myself. I'd call Bosnia as a potential winner if they get a late draw after tonight's semi-final. Right now I'm quite heavily invested in Estonia not making the final, if we want to talk mega-niche bets. :lol:

Who was the Finnish entry?

This bit of supreme Euro-cheese:

Off to the arena, UK flag in hand, doomed for disappointment. :lol:

Going to take a mad and improbable punt on Iceland to win tonight, since a tenner will pay for my entire trip. So it'll totally be France after all that.