Lennon assaulted

Smooth Operator

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye all the stuff stevie mentioned about the bigotry being the main reasons he's getting hassle is spot on like.

As Barney said, every other spastic over here will support one or the other, for that lot it's the equivalent of one of those lads you meet and ya say "so ya follow the footy?" and they reply with "well not really, but i support man utd!", if you're from certain areas you'll near enough always have 80% of the people saying they support TeamX + rangers/celtic.

is correct. However, Lennon doesn't make things easier for himself with his attitude, which appears to someone from the outside to be as bigoted and aggressive as those "on the other side of the fence to him"

IMO because he is rich, and well known, and in a position of responsibility, he should be looking to spread a more understanding view of this sort of thing, including showing a more mature and responsible attitude to referees.

To be honest, bearing in mind his record in that department, its a case of what goes around comes around.

What has he done that is bigoted?

I'd say using the term "Dirty Orange Bastard" is bigoted. Would you

I'd call that incredibly mild and said in the heat of the moment. Having met and talked to the fella about NI and playing for his country he certainly didn't come across as a bigot.

What did Goram do?

Strong supporter of UVF/LVF.

He wore a black armband in 'honour' of Billy Wright in an Old Firm game a few days after his murder.

He was probably in two minds about whether he should or not though.

What did Goram do?

Strong supporter of UVF/LVF.

He wore a black armband in 'honour' of Billy Wright in an Old Firm game a few days after his murder.

He was probably in two minds about whether he should or not though.

:lol:

Where'd you hear that?

So are you going to answer the question? What has he done that is bigoted?

sorry mate. Can't say on here, but he's finished.

Rumours of N word, caught on camera and Edu at Ibrox maybe ?

Be very surprised if true mind, the Hun elements in the press'd be all over it surely.

aye all the stuff stevie mentioned about the bigotry being the main reasons he's getting hassle is spot on like.

As Barney said, every other spastic over here will support one or the other, for that lot it's the equivalent of one of those lads you meet and ya say "so ya follow the footy?" and they reply with "well not really, but i support man utd!", if you're from certain areas you'll near enough always have 80% of the people saying they support TeamX + rangers/celtic.

is correct. However, Lennon doesn't make things easier for himself with his attitude, which appears to someone from the outside to be as bigoted and aggressive as those "on the other side of the fence to him"

IMO because he is rich, and well known, and in a position of responsibility, he should be looking to spread a more understanding view of this sort of thing, including showing a more mature and responsible attitude to referees.

To be honest, bearing in mind his record in that department, its a case of what goes around comes around.

I'd call that incredibly mild and said in the heat of the moment. Having met and talked to the fella about NI and playing for his country he certainly didn't come across as a bigot.

YOU might, but at the end of the day, is it a bigoted term? Yes. Does it show he probably harbours bigoted views to even think about saying that even in retaliation? Yes.

YOU might, but at the end of the day, is it a bigoted term? Yes. Does it show he probably harbours bigoted views to even think about saying that even in retaliation? Yes.

No worse than some of the stuff you've said on here.

Am I going to search through your posts to find examples? No I'm not.

Well you can't say that, and not provide examples. Best policy is to pipe down rather than make false accusations.

Well you can't say that, and not provide examples. Best policy is to pipe down rather than make false accusations.

what he said....and calling someone a dirty orange bastard is bigoted (replace "orange" with "black" or "muslim" how would that go down) ive got mates who would be extremely offended by that (although they are bogtrotting tramps to be fair)

Edited by sandman02uk

Like I need to show specifics when it comes to you.

In other words you have nothing specific to say, because there's no evidence to back up your point of view. See in my view, of all the Irish people on here, you are the nearest to a bigot we have, shines through to me whenever Ireland is discussed. The likes of Barney and Ant are totally liberal in comparison.

In other words you have nothing specific to say, because there's no evidence to back up your point of view. See in my view, of all the Irish people on here, you are the nearest to a bigot we have, shines through to me whenever Ireland is discussed. The likes of Barney and Ant are totally liberal in comparison.

Alright then, what about your comments about Matthew Syed, I reckon they're just as offensive as what Lennon said, yet we don't brand you as a racist.

And I'll put the same question to you, show me one thing I have ever said on here that is even close to being bigoted.

Some of my best friends are protestant. :D

Edited by ewerk

Alright then, what about your comments about Matthew Syed, I reckon they're just as offensive as what Lennon said, yet we don't brand you as a racist.

And I'll put the same question to you, show me one thing I have ever said on here that is even close to being bigoted.

Some of my best friends are protestant. :D

The only comment you'd ever find on here, and it's been used more than Bainesgate. I don't even think it was offensive, it's not slagging muslims off, just basically saying Syed is a prick, which he is. LM agrees with my statement.

Re: your bigoted ways, it's more of a collective undertone I've noticed tbh, than one specific comment.

:lol: So you've nothing then?

I think you'll find that after having lived in England and working there 90% of the time I've never said a bad word about the place. I'm also on record as saying that I'm strongly in favour of the Union.

So in your own words, 'best policy is to pipe down rather than make false accusations'.

Guest alex

Tbf, ewerk is one of the only Irish kids I've come across who would like to see England do well in tournaments. Even the 'British' lot in Norn Iron mostly want us to lose in my experience.

Tbf, ewerk is one of the only Irish kids I've come across who would like to see England do well in tournaments. Even the 'British' lot in Norn Iron mostly want us to lose in my experience.

You patronising bastard. :lol:

You patronising bastard. :D

Would you have prefered it, if he had said "cunt"? :lol:

Guest alex

You patronising bastard. :lol:

I always refer to blokes as kids unless they're some old fart. And for the record, I still think you're a prick.